Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holmes to be suspended for 4 games

Starter

Holmes to be suspended for 4 games

Per PFT- fwiw

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ?related=1

Late Friday afternoon brought good news for the Pittsburgh Steelers, with the report from ESPN that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won't be charged with sexual assault in Milledgeville, Georgia.

Now for the bad news.

Multiple sources have advised us that receiver Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the league's substance-abuse policy. It's presently unknown whether Holmes tested positive for a prohibited substance or committed some other violation of the policy, such as missing a required test. It's our current understanding that the internal NFL appeals process has not been finalized.

Under the substance-abuse policy, a four-game suspension comes after multiple violations. The fact that Holmes, the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, is facing a four-game suspension means that Holmes previously has paid a fine in the amount of three seventeenths of his base salary (i.e., three game checks).

Though we're not aware of the specific identity of the substance involved, Holmes has a history with marijuana. In 2008, he was cited for marijuana possession, prompting the Steelers to suspend him for one game with pay. Recently, he posted on Twitter a message indicating an intention to "wake n bake," slang for smoking marijuana upon getting out of bed.

Holmes also has recently been accused of throwing a drink in the face of a woman at an Orlando nightclub. The alleged victim has both sued Holmes and pursued criminal liability, after indicating on the scene that she did not want to press charges. His lawyer has denied the accusations, recently claiming that a witness has signed a sworn statement taking responsibility for throwing the drink. The suspension Holmes faces arose independently of this alleged incident.

If this is accurate- combined with the expected dismissal of any criminal charges in FL- prior to the draft. I think this about puts the nail in the coffin for W&B as a Steeler.

Hall of Famer

Re: Holmes to be suspended for 4 games

I'd wait until his current legal entanglement ends. Then begin trade talks (hopefully before the draft).
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

If true , and Tone is guilty of a 2nd ganja charge , combined with the flying drink incident....I say we trade him , hope to still get a second and draft Demaryius Thomas.

It's not like we'll be able to sign the guy when his contract is up. I don't care what anyone says , A young guy with his talent is gonna command big money on the open market.

Buh Bye Tone

Thanks for the '08 playoffs !

Thanks for a terrible rookie year, an amazing playing run in 2008, and a lot in between. Don't let the door hit your incredibly dumb *ss on the way out.

How did I guess this would be from PFT, before I opened it?
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Yea, who knows with PFT, BUT, as we have all said before, for the Steelers to sign TWO FA wide receivers, something has got to be up. The FO has plans for Holmes and they are not plans for him to stay in the 'Burgh.

Hall of Famer

Adam Schefter also tweeted this about 3 hours ago....
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Starter

yeah- I meant to type PFT - but somehow it came out PFW.

oh well. fixed it.

I guess SN1's source was on the money.

Hall of Famer

if this is true then he is done as a steeler. enough is enough. holmes is a very good wr but not good enough to put up with this crap. he isnt an elite wr. no way the fins give up their first round pick for holmes now. if he is suspended for 4 games i just hope we can get a 2nd round pick for him