Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Drafting a center...

Pro Bowler

Re: Drafting a center...

[quote=birtikidis]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":1uo2fye1
    There's no debate - it is weak OC class this year. And Pouncey is not demonstrably better than either Mack or Unger last year. There's nothing about Pouncey that jumps out dramatically to separate him from the other OC candidates...

Pouncey - 6'5", 305, Arms: 32.5, Hands: 10
    Bench: 24 / 40: 5.25 / 10-Split: 1.78 / Shuttle: 4.92 / Cone: 7.74 / Broad: 7'11" / Vert: 27

Tennant - 6'5", 300, Arms: 32.25, Hands: 9.5
    Bench: 27 / 40: 5.15 / 10-Split: 1.76 / Shuttle: 4.62 / Cone: 7.60 / Broad: 8'2" / Vert: 25

Walton - 6'3", 300, Arms: 33.375, Hands: 9.25
    Bench: 24 / 40: 5.19 / 10-Split: 1.80 / Shuttle: 4.69 / Cone: 7.60 / Broad: 8'5" / Vert: 27

Joe Hawley (UNLV - Rnd. 6-7) - 6'3", 297, Arms: 33.125, Hands: 10.625
    Bench: 35 / 40: 5.21 / 10-Split: 1.78 / Shuttle: 4.73 / Cone: 7.50 / Broad: 8'9" / Vert: 26

...Looking at this, I'm curious as to why everyone says he's clearly better. Matter of fact, if you're a believer in the KEI scouting method, then you see that Hawley is a better prospect than Pouncey.
    umm maybe it's because measurable aren't everything. I'll bet macks measurables were as good as Dawsons. but who would you rather have?
    how about looking at it this way, other than pouncey and his brother, who do the gators have on the O-line. I don't even know and i'm a gator fan. but we still rushed for over 3,000 yards last season with out a stud running back.
    I know what you're saying, but I (& other Florida resident Oveido) just don't feel he's THAT dominant. He plays in a spread offense where the splits are wider & forces the D-Linemen to spread out - opening lanes for the O-Linemen & RBs. Plus...Tebow's yards are thrown in there & those are variables when evaluating the line's efficiency. As for the KEI numbers, they certainly don't tell the whole story but they're pretty reliable. What I'm saying is that he's not the sure-fire player some would believe & don't forget that good linemen can be found in later rounds too.
    keep telling yourself that last part and you'll keep seeing Essex, Hartwig and the like starting...[/quote:1uo2fye1]
    No - what I see is Jeff Saturday as a Pro Bowl center, who was undrafted - like Brian Waters (Chiefs) who only went to 4 Pro Bowls & Jason Peters who's been to two. How about Mike Webster, who was a 5th round pick? I could go on, but I think you get the point...besides our team is one of the most successful in finding low-round or UDFA talent & have won two Super Bowls with the guys on the roster - most teams would like to have that success. I'm not sure what the thing is with UF players having this mystical "edge" over others, but I'm sure this team won't die without selecting Pouncey.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Ok...we can agree to disagree. But, SL you must admit you have a higher chance of finding a quality OLman early rather than late. And we have ignored our OL in the first 2 rounds for many many years. There is a reason our OL is subpar. It's time to invest in our OL.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Ok...we can agree to disagree. But, SL you must admit you have a higher chance of finding a quality OLman early rather than late. And we have ignored our OL in the first 2 rounds for many many years. There is a reason our OL is subpar. It's time to invest in our OL.
    hear hear.
    and SL, how many teams kick themselves because they didn't draft mike webster? i bet quite a few.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu