Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All I have to say is...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: All I have to say is...

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    relax, who ever said ben was guilty? i never did. all i said is i wish he had better judgement and didnt put himself in bad situations which i still believe. its not about turning your back on ben or anything like that. i never thought ben was a bad guy just not all that bright
    Several people including the media have crucified Ben. If Ben wants to go to a bar, he should be able to go to a bar without some gold digger making false accusations. How was Ben making a bad decision being in a bar celebrating his birthday with an entourage of cops?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3vbv7fqw
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    The fact that Ben isn't going to be charged doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. He didn't do anything CRIMINALLY wrong. He did exercise very poor judgment and that is wrong. He put himself at risk and the Steeler organization at risk (of false accusations sticking or at the very least hanging/pending, leaving the organization in a position of uncertainty). Weren't we all talking about drafing Tebow? Not even a sizeable discussion without this incident. He put the Steelers in a position of having to alter their draft strategy, a burden they would not otherwise have had. He owes the Steelers better than this.
    It's not up to you or anyone else to decide how he lives his life.
    no its up to ben but we are all just tired of the sexual assault accusations. its pretty fair to say he should make some changes to his lifestyle. im sure ben doesnt enjoy spending millions on sexual assault cases. two accusations in one year is pretty bad. he can definetly make some better decisions. i could care less what ben does in his free time if he isnt getting himself in any trouble.
    I've posted this several times...this will be the last.

When the Reno incident happened people went on and on about how he should surround himself with friends, bodyguards, etc....

This time he did that and some chick still accused him. So people moved the goalposts yet again. People who weren't there and who don't know exactly what did or did not happen.

He is young and single. Expecting him to not live the life of a young, rich single man is simply unrealistic.[/quote:3vbv7fqw]

there are a ton of celebs and players who enjoy the night life. not many of them get accused of sexual assault on a regular basis. it doesnt really matter. he isnt going to court and thats the important thing. but what if this happens again? it very well could

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    relax, who ever said ben was guilty? i never did. all i said is i wish he had better judgement and didnt put himself in bad situations which i still believe. its not about turning your back on ben or anything like that. i never thought ben was a bad guy just not all that bright
    Several people including the media have crucified Ben. If Ben wants to go to a bar, he should be able to go to a bar without some gold digger making false accusations. How was Ben making a bad decision being in a bar celebrating his birthday with an entourage of cops?
    your right he should be able to go to bars without being accused of sexual assault. this is the real world though and ben is a big celeb with a ton of money. the media is scum, its their job to crucify ben weather guilty or not. ben shouldnt of had any "CONTACT" with some 20 year old girl who was wasted that he did not know. it really sucks but ben cant live a normal life. that is the price any celeb has to pay

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

your right he should be able to go to bars without being accused of sexual assault. this is the real world though and ben is a big celeb with a ton of money. the media is scum, its their job to crucify ben weather guilty or not. ben shouldnt of had any "CONTACT" with some 20 year old girl who was wasted that he did not know. it really sucks but ben cant live a normal life. that is the price any celeb has to pay
    What was the contact and was she wasted at that time? You're assuming, again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

well her blood alchoal level was .20 and im pretty sure i read and heard on espn that ben admitted he had contact with the girl. im not assuming anything im just going with what i hear and read in the news

Legend

User Info Menu

I have supported Ben from the beginning and I agree there is nothing wrong with doing what you said. But, going into a public restroom with a drunk girl to have relations is ignorant. That's the part I have issue with. I know he was lit and horned up but dayum Ben you need to be able to control yourself.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

We know there was sexual contact-per Ben and we know the girl was a .2 hours after her last drink. While those might be assumptions they are educated assumptions based on Ben's own words and the blood alcohol level at the hospital. We know by several eye wintess accounts Ben had body guards posted outside of the bathroom doors as well.

I can't defend doing anything in a public bathroom with a lit chick. But, it is what it is. Hopefully Ben uses this as a very valuable lesson and gains a tighter reign on little Ben.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I have supported Ben from the beginning and I agree there is nothing wrong with doing what you said. But, going into a public restroom with a drunk girl to have relations is ignorant. That's the part I have issue with. I know he was lit and horned up but dayum Ben you need to be able to control yourself.
    And where is the proof he did this? This is based on one of her friends saying she thought she was in the bathroom with him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    We know there was sexual contact-per Ben and we know the girl was a .2 hours after her last drink. While those might be assumptions they are educated assumptions based on Ben's own words and the blood alcohol level at the hospital. We know by several eye wintess accounts Ben had body guards posted outside of the bathroom doors as well.

I can't defend doing anything in a public bathroom with a lit chick. But, it is what it is. Hopefully Ben uses this as a very valuable lesson and gains a tighter reign on little Ben.
    But Shawn.. as we see, not being charged means Ben can continue as he pleases.

Ben didn't break any laws riding a bike without a helmet but the old lady DID break the law when she turned left and Ben hit her car. While he wasn't responsible it's still a risk because other people can be reckless as well and 2 wheels and no helmet increases the risk.

Giving young chicks shots in the VIP should be a great time... but when you have a previous accusation you have to be more aware. Maybe the cops and the witnesses were the extra steps and this is why he wasn't charged.

Honestly though.. if a chick cries rape with 2 body guards and some friends at Ben's side I think it's damn clear that Ben can't just do what the hell he chooses. He is a marked man.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You'll get no apology from me.

I never said he was guilty of anything more than putting himself in a bad situation when he was currently under intense scrutiny. I think it is pretty clear that Ben is a bit of a risk take on and off the field. I'd like to see him tone it down a bit off the field. Please don't tell me that playing grab-ass with a drunk 20 year old is a good idea given his current legal entanglements. I hope he truly is innocent in both cases.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.