Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Decision Monday at 2:00 pm in BB case

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Decision Monday at 2:00 pm in BB case

Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel
    BigRob, what you said makes sense. However, being such a high profile case, maybe the DA wants to announce no charges will be filed, explain the facts and to put this matter to rest.

If they don't make a formal announcement and just close the case, don't you think every news outlet would be down there asking for reasons why the case was closed?
    No because he has been unchallenged for re-election in that district. D.A.'s don't purposefully set pressers unless they want to get major pub and face time on camera to let everyone know they are going to "prosecute the yank".
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Decision Monday in BB case

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    He will not be charged.
    I have no idea, really, what the outcome will be on Monday.

I will say that the article does seem to make sense. Why hold a press conference to announce that you will be doing nothing??

Anyway- Shawn- come on bro- your man crush on Ben is a little obsessive.

I think you are telling yourself all of these things as sort of ... your version of the Secret...

I am a billionaire
    My wife is crushingly hot
    and she is a freak
    I live in a mansion on the Ocean
    I spend my free time jetting to London, Paris, and NY- with Mick & the Stones.

anyway- good luck with all that my friend.

I also hope Ben isn't charged- but concede the possibility that he may be.

Man crush? don't be insulting. Don't let the fact that your points rarely make sense and I call you on them make you hate me.

As a non lawyer type fan...I am hoping for the best. Ever hear of positive thinking? Yeah probably not. IMO, the presser doesn't mean alot one way or the other. When was the last high profile case where there was this much media spotlight simply go away without a press conference? Bueller? Anyone? I can't remember one. Maybe some of our resident experts can educate me.

In a case this large...the DA must explain himself either way. The reason? He can't just let this drop. Too much media attention for him to just say hey...not enough evidence. There needs to be a formal explanation...period. The last thing the DA wants is guess work by the media about his credibility or the credibility of the GBI.

Is it possible Ben is being charged? Sure. Is it possible he isn't? Absolutely. Is it also possible that the girl and her sorority sisters are getting charged? Who knows. It doesn't take a law degree to know everyone here is speculating. I just choose to keep a positive outlook and hope for the best. But, if that's a "man crush" so be it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    so i wonder how MSM feels about all this.. is he in his moms basement crying yet?
    Are we allowed to bring up his name without a select few having a mental break down? If so, I'll post articles on what he thinks.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob
    BigRob, what you said makes sense. However, being such a high profile case, maybe the DA wants to announce no charges will be filed, explain the facts and to put this matter to rest.

If they don't make a formal announcement and just close the case, don't you think every news outlet would be down there asking for reasons why the case was closed?
    No because he has been unchallenged for re-election in that district. D.A.'s don't purposefully set pressers unless they want to get major pub and face time on camera to let everyone know they are going to "prosecute the yank".
    That was my first thought. The fact that he is holding a news conference (IMO) doesn't bode well. I really hope that I am wrong.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He will not be charged.

I will say that the article does seem to make sense. Why hold a press conference to announce that you will be doing nothing??

I think you are telling yourself all of these things as sort of ... your version of the Secret...

I am a billionaire
    and she is a freak

Man crush? don't be insulting. Don't let the fact that your points rarely make sense and I call you on them make you hate me.

As a non lawyer type fan...I am hoping for the best. Ever hear of positive thinking? Yeah probably not. IMO, the presser doesn't mean alot one way or the other. When was the last high profile case where there was this much media spotlight simply go away without a press conference? Bueller? Anyone? I can't remember one. Maybe some of our resident experts can educate me.

In a case this large...the DA must explain himself either way. The reason? He can't just let this drop. Too much media attention for him to just say hey...not enough evidence. There needs to be a formal explanation...period. The last thing the DA wants is guess work by the media about his credibility or the credibility of the GBI.

Is it possible Ben is being charged? Sure. Is it possible he isn't? Absolutely. Is it also possible that the girl and her sorority sisters are getting charged? Who knows. It doesn't take a law degree to know everyone here is speculating. I just choose to keep a positive outlook and hope for the best. But, if that's a "man crush" so be it.

Yes, siding with the franchise of your favorite team is a man crush, didn't you know?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

That was my first thought. The fact that he is holding a news conference (IMO) doesn't bode well. I really hope that I am wrong.
    I'm trying to stay positive, but the guy's a idiot to put himself in this situation.

That aside, what if Ben is charged, whether or not he is ultimately found guilty, innocent or there is a mistrial, would you feelings towards him change?

My 11yr old daughter has a Roethlisberger jersey, if he is charged with sexual assault, she will be probably be getting a new Health Miller jersey.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Holding a presser has nothing to do with what the outcome will be. If Ben isn't charged and the DA doesn't hold a PC, the media will be hounding him with questions and, FWIW.....

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. — Baldwin County District Attorney Fred Bright said today he completed his investigation into allegations that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a Georgia College & State University student and will announce the results Monday.

A criminal lawyer not connected with the case said that likely means no charges will happen in the case.

"Had they wanted to arrest Roethlisberger, they would've issued a warrant, not waited for a press conference on Monday," said B.J. Bernstein of Atlanta, one of the nation's most high-profile defense attorneys.

"If they had wanted to send this matter to a grand jury, which is a closed process, they would not have a public press conference to do that," Bernstein said. "Most likely, what we're seeing here is that the district attorney has chosen to drop the matter."

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_675686.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 75686.html[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

As a lawyer let me tell you, the DA doesn't hold a presser to say that charges won't be filed. They like the media spotlight when they are prosecuting a big time case.

They do not like the media spotlight when they are not prosecuting a big time case. I really hope I am wrong and would be glad to admit I am when it happens, but Big Ben is going to be charged and then Goodell is going to come through with an indefinite suspension.

This of course does not mean that Big Ben is guilty or will be convicted of the crime.
    BigRob, if you have experience dealing with criminal matters, I will gladly defer to your judgment and experience on the issue.

I know that the GBI, in particular, was critical of the media. So my hope is that the DA may want to announce that the GBI did a thorough investigation that clears Ben, with the press conference allowing him to defend them before facing any potential media scrutiny. I may well be wrong, but with the scope of this case, I think he'd hold a press conference one way or another.

One last thought -- if Ben was going to be charged, wouldn't you want to file charges first and then hold a press conference?

Starter

User Info Menu

He will not be charged.

I am a billionaire
    and she is a freak

I don't hate you- I don't even know you- how could I hate you???

I think of all the message boards that I visit- the only individual that comes close to being "hated" by me would be HHH.

As far as the "man crush" comment goes-

I was effing with you... you seem to be relentless in you support of Ben.

It's just a message board. Don't take it so seriously.

We have differing opinions on this topic. No big deal.

You think no charges will be filed. I think it is likely they will.

I have never said I think Ben is guilty or innocent - of anything other than stupidity.

Backup

User Info Menu

Here is an article from teh Pittsburgh trib about this....take it as you will:

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_675686.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 75686.html[/url]