Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Kirshke to Retire

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Kirshke to Retire

    per PFT:

    Travis Kirshke expected to retire
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 8, 2010 9:14 AM ET
    While we were writing up Nick Eason's impending signing in Pittsburgh, we noticed a piece of information that seemed worthy of its own post.

    The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that long-time Steelers defensive end Travis Kirschke is expected to retire this offseason. The note was casually in the article, but we haven't seen this news elsewhere.

    Kirschke, 35, has played 13 seasons in the NFL, including the last six in Pittsburgh. He started seven games last season.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Kirshke to Retire

    He's been surprising useful for a number of years. Eventually though, the youth movement has to take over.

    He has a bad back too, doesn't he?
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

    Fix the Run Defence Mode:

    1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Kirshke to Retire

    I hope he holds a presser to announce his retirement. He's been a good Steeler and model citizen. He deserves a bit of recognition on the way out into retirement.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

    1.28
    2.60
    3.92
    5.148
    5.165
    7.220
    7.246

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Kirshke to Retire



    Can't complain about Kirschke's time with the Steelers at all.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Kirshke to Retire

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I hope he holds a presser to announce his retirement. He's been a good Steeler and model citizen. He deserves a bit of recognition on the way out into retirement.

    Pappy

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Kirshke to Retire

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I hope he holds a presser to announce his retirement. He's been a good Steeler and model citizen. He deserves a bit of recognition on the way out into retirement.

    Pappy
    I agree, but this is really going to mess up my mock draft.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Kirshke to Retire

    That blows up my Eason signing as a smoke screen to us drafting a top DE. Still possible. But I imagine they want to work Hood in with ASmith for a season or 2 before getting another top DE to train.

    DT is still a good possibility.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Kirshke to Retire

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I hope he holds a presser to announce his retirement. He's been a good Steeler and model citizen. He deserves a bit of recognition on the way out into retirement.

    Pappy
    I agree, but this is really going to mess up my mock draft.
    Tell Li'l Miss Jiga to get to work on her annual mock! We are only 2 weeks away!


    If Roquan Smith falls to late teens, trade 1.28 & 2.60 to SEA for 1.18 & 4.120:

    1.18 LB Roquan Smith
    3.92 FS Jessie Bates
    4.120 RB Royce Freeman
    5.148 DT Ken Norton
    5.165 TE Chris Herndon
    7.220 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    7.246 OT Brett Toth

    If not:

    1.28 LB Leighton Vander Esch
    2.60 C/G Billy Price
    3.92 FS Jessie Bates
    5.148 DT Ken Norton
    5.165 TE Chris Herndon
    7.220 RB Ito Smith
    7.246 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •