Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kiper has UF C/G going to Steelers in first round

Re: Kiper has UF C/G going to Steelers in first round

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    i can't remember who said it or where I read it (i think it was on the boards here), but an analyst said that he thinks Pouncey is the best center to come out in 10 years...
    Gil Brandt.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    i can't remember who said it or where I read it (i think it was on the boards here), but an analyst said that he thinks Pouncey is the best center to come out in 10 years...
    Gil Brandt.
    thank you sir
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    i kind of remember something about foster being more adept to play OT if another injury occured.

position flexibility as tomlin and ruthlessberger say
    Hey! That should be RuthlessBurgher and Tomlin. How dare you give that overpaid janitor top billing over me?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    i kind of remember something about foster being more adept to play OT if another injury occured.

position flexibility as tomlin and ruthlessberger say
    Hey! That should be RuthlessBurgher and Tomlin. How dare you give that overpaid janitor top billing over me?
    sorry, dont know how i didn't put you first

Back to pouncey, i dont remember mangold, unger, wood moving asa well as he did in some of the combine drills

As far as Urbik goes he must be better then Stepleton who is a superbowl winning guard LOL! It does not look like he well be back to the steelers.
    Stepleton was undrafted and better then a steelers 5th rd pick. (2007 5th rd Cameron Stephenson Rutgers)

Giants | Stapleton visits this week
    Comment (0)
    Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:45:18 -0700

Adam Caplan, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent OG Darnell Stapleton (Steelers) visited the New York Giants this week, according to a source.

I just hope Urbik can be coached up by the new line coach so he does not end up a busted pick

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=2#ixzz0kdrJMx33

Hall of Famer

Chadman said it great: Urbik should have played this year, if he was worth a squat this year. (And BTW, I liked... and still depend on him to come along.)

However, I disagree with Chadman on Iupati vs. Pouncey. I've said this before, but the biggest problem I see on our line is stupidity.

When I say stupidity, I'm talking about stupid penalties, being able to adjust to things they see, etc. In that regard, our line is TERRIBLE. Starks, you almost feel like you could hear the gears in his head creaking when something different happens. Kemo of course, Mr. Penalty. Colon I also consider something of a mental midget.

We need smart guys. That's why I like Pouncey. Pouncey (from reports) is bright, and seems to have quickness of mind... something our lard-butt linemen don't seem to have.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Maurkice Pouncey Could Be A First Round Pick For Falcons
    by Dave the Falconer on Apr 6, 2010 8:00 AM EDT

Maurkice Pouncey's got moves....for a center.

Todd McClure isn't getting any younger.

In a nutshell, that's the best argument for taking Maurkice Pouncey with the 19th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. Playing a physically demanding position for 12 seasons with very few games off, celebrating your 33rd birthday and putting such a degree of strain on your knees that MacGyver can't fix them with duct tape and tinfoil isn't generally a good recipe for five more years of healthy play. Of course, McClure is tough as hell.

But if that was the only reason, why would the Falcons even consider Pouncey? It's not, of course.

Simply put, Pouncey is one of the best prospects in the draft. He just doesn't happen to be playing a position where most teams invest first round picks.

He's got terrific size for a center at about 6'5" and 305 pounds. He's a fantastic athlete, a quick study and a player who knows on an instinctual level how to block. Frankly, he does just about everything well. It's hard to quibble with his ability, outside of his tendency to be a little too aggressive and his limited experience outside of a shotgun offense. As a center, he's heads and shoulders above every other prospect in this year's draft.

Given all, the question really comes to whether or not the Falcons need a center. I don't think anyone within the range of McClure's fist (85 billion miles) wants to question his ability to play all 16 games in 2010, so it's pretty clearly not going to be this season unless Pouncey can slide to guard in case Harvey Dahl or Justin Blalock get hurt or falter. That's not the likeliest of scenarios, though. If McClure decides to hang up his cleats in 2011, however, Pouncey would immediately step in as a starter, where he could anchor the offensive line for a decade to come.

He's really only a good value here if teams in front of the Falcons go out of their way to steal the prospects who top the team's big board. Pouncey's been linked to the Falcons in the past and I'm sure the interest is legitimate, I still can't picture the team making offensive line a higher priority than defense, even if I do believe we need an infusion of young talent there. In a year where the Falcons had really built the team into a vision ordained by Our Most Glorious Comrade, Pouncey might have been the likeliest pick. Where we still don't have the ability to invest early picks in luxuries, I doubt very much that this will happen.

Your thoughts?

-------
    Even if this is just a speculation article, you didn't see much of this stuff with Mack from teams picking this early.

Rick Gosselin has the Atlanta Falcons picking Maurkice Pouncey at #19 in his just-released mock draft, right after the Steelers pick at #18.

so much for the naysayers who said Pouncey doesn't deserve to be picked so high...