Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper has UF C/G going to Steelers in first round

Legend

Re: Kiper has UF C/G going to Steelers in first round

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Disagree somewhat- Hartwig is, statistically, the worst starting NFL Center. He's poor- we are just comparing him to Mahan, so he looks 'servicable'. Maybe it's because the RG for the last 2 years has been even poorer though?

Iupati has more potential to be a dominant NFL player, so Chadman prefers Iupati at #18.

And in Chadman's perfect world, the Steelers starting Center of the future is either Doug Legursky, or Matt Tennant from Boston College.

Here's betting Tomlin & co give Coach Kugs a year to work on Legursky...or perhaps Urbik at Center...
    We don't need Pouncey. Iupati would be a much better selection.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

I'm not holding my breath on Legursky or Urbik, but then again, we never got anything out of Starks, Colon or Kemo until their 3rd year, I believe. I'm really torn on what they should do. They need to upgrade their OL, but at this point their secondary needs are greater. The more I think about it, the more I think it will be Kyle Wilson.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    I'm not holding my breath on Legursky or Urbik, but then again, we never got anything out of Starks, Colon or Kemo until their 3rd year, I believe. I'm really torn on what they should do. They need to upgrade their OL, but at this point their secondary needs are greater. The more I think about it, the more I think it will be Kyle Wilson.
    Honestly, with the depth at CB in this draft, you can wait until late Round 2 & still pick up a guy of the quality of a Patrick Robinson or Brandon Ghee...the drop-off in talent from say OG #1 to OG #2 is far greater...Chadman puts NT, OG & DE at the top of the list of 'greater drop-off' in talent. You get best value, probably, for CB's, Safeties, OLB's & RB's in this draft- quality is solid all the way through to about Round 4 for all 4 positions.

Just Chadman's opinion, of course..
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Pro Bowler

Oh, boy! It looks like we're going to start another "Pouncey is 1st round talent ... Oh no he's not, you're an idiot" debate. :P

Legend

Honestly, with the depth at CB in this draft, you can wait until late Round 2 & still pick up a guy of the quality of a Patrick Robinson or Brandon Ghee...the drop-off in talent from say OG #1 to OG #2 is far greater...Chadman puts NT, OG & DE at the top of the list of 'greater drop-off' in talent. You get best value, probably, for CB's, Safeties, OLB's & RB's in this draft- quality is solid all the way through to about Round 4 for all 4 positions.

I totally agree with your "drop-off theory." DB is very deep and we will be able to get quality players in Rounds 2 and 3. I do think there is a drop off between OLB when you factor in the potential to be elite pass rushing 3-4 OLB versus OLBs who can play in the 4-3. IMO Graham is in a clear class by himself (much like Iupati at Guard) as de conversion projects with guys like Koa Misi, Ricky Sapp, etc being a clear level below.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

Disagree somewhat- Hartwig is, statistically, the worst starting NFL Center. He's poor- we are just comparing him to Mahan, so he looks 'servicable'. Maybe it's because the RG for the last 2 years has been even poorer though?

Iupati has more potential to be a dominant NFL player, so Chadman prefers Iupati at #18.

And in Chadman's perfect world, the Steelers starting Center of the future is either Doug Legursky, or Matt Tennant from Boston College.

Here's betting Tomlin & co give Coach Kugs a year to work on Legursky...or perhaps Urbik at Center...
    In MJG Nirvanna, the FO is convinced (and is correct) that Legursky is a good center. It would be awesome for that to turn out to be the case.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

I totally agree with your "drop-off theory." DB is very deep and we will be able to get quality players in Rounds 2 and 3. I do think there is a drop off between OLB when you factor in the potential to be elite pass rushing 3-4 OLB versus OLBs who can play in the 4-3. IMO Graham is in a clear class by himself (much like Iupati at Guard) as de conversion projects with guys like Koa Misi, Ricky Sapp, etc being a clear level below.
    I have Graham as my top OLB prospect as well, and agree that there is a significant drop-off between him and Misi and Sapp, who are clearly day two gusy. But I don't see a gigantic drop-off between Graham and Jerry Hughes and Sergio Kindle, though. I would be very happy to take the best available player at #18, then trading #52 and #82 for a shot at Jerry Hughes in the early portion of round 2 if he is there. He would be a legit option as a pass-rushing OLB in our 3-4 defense if anything were to happen to Harrison or Woodley, allowing us to keep Timmons inside instead of moving him to OLB if injuries hit.

Hall of Famer

I think too many of you guys are forgetting about Urbik. I would say he's nearly as good as Iuapati(sp?). the real question mark on this offensive line is the CENTER!!!! hartwig is not a very good player. he's barely better than mahan.
    the vast majority of you guys b!tch and moan about lost mid round draft picks and you're already writing 3 of them off from last year! that's ridiculous! Hartwig is an established vet and we KNOW he sucks. burnett, Lewis and urbik haven't even had the chance to learn anything and you all want to run them out of town.
    ridiculous.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I think too many of you guys are forgetting about Urbik. I would say he's nearly as good as Iuapati(sp?). the real question mark on this offensive line is the CENTER!!!! hartwig is not a very good player. he's barely better than mahan.
    the vast majority of you guys b!tch and moan about lost mid round draft picks and you're already writing 3 of them off from last year! that's ridiculous! Hartwig is an established vet and we KNOW he sucks. burnett, Lewis and urbik haven't even had the chance to learn anything and you all want to run them out of town.
    ridiculous.
    on Lewis

on Burnett

on Urbik

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    ridiculous.
    I don't think any of us are forgetting about Urbik. But by most reports you see coming out of Pittsburgh, Urbik was extremely underwhelming last year, and was physically manhandled in drills. How is it that Urbik is on the same level as Iupati? Center and RG are a problem.