Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow...Steeler?

Hall of Famer

Re: Tim Tebow...Steeler?

I have a hard time believing that scouts/teams can be that wrong about one of the most scrutinized players in CF history, at a position that people reach to draft any numbnuts that has an inkling of ability (JP Losman, McNown, Dan McGwire...)

I do like him as a player though. One thing, in evaluating players, that is overlooked IMO is the intensity guys bring to the table. This guy seems to have Ray Lewis/Peezy-type intensity & motor. This is a huge trait.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

I love Tebow as a man and what he stands for and how he conducts his life. BUT, as a football player, I don't think I would take him in Rd. 2, a little later for sure. I don't think he will last into Rd. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I guess I'm just aching to get flamed but I was thinking (I know...very dangerous). I have been hearing some good things about Tebow as of late. Working like a dog, changing his throwing mechanics, being a very quick study, showing great improvement. I don't think you can question the man's leadership, work ethic, and competitive spirit. After seeing his response to the criticism I think he has a chance to be a very good NFL QB in the right situation and system. He is a 3 year project in my mind. Any team that can bring him in slow could be a good situation for him.

So after that rambling here is my question. If Ben gets charged before the draft and Tebow falls to us in the second...would you want to draft him?

I'm now leaning towards a yes even though I would rather have McCoy.

Discuss.

Armpit's FB post from March 9th:
    When Ben became a Steeler, he said his goal was to win 5 Super Bowls - one more than Bradshaw. He's well on his way to accomplishing that, but his behavior over the past few years has been anything but Steeler-like. Guilty or not, he has to stop putting himself in these types of situations. That being said, don't be ...surprised if we take Tim Tebow at #18. Tebow has Pittsburgh Steeler written all over him.

Asian's reply:
    I would poop egg rolls.

Shawn's reply:
    If we take Tebow...you will see a grown man cry

So do I get a Nostradamus Award for this or what??? to me!!
    I have come a long way on Tebow. What won me over was his response to criticism. For me...that's one of the greatest attributes of a good QB. I love the fact that people are starting to notice him looking more and more like an NFL caliber QB.

Hall of Famer

I'm not sold on Pike. He's too fragile.
    I don't know alot about Levour...
    I know Tim and his work ethic though. Tell him he can't do something.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    I love Tebow as a man and what he stands for and how he conducts his life. BUT, as a football player, I don't think I would take him in Rd. 2, a little later for sure. I don't think he will last into Rd. 3.
    Quoted for truth and I hope he makes me look like a fool saying that he's 4th rounder at best. I'd like to see him succeed. The Steelers have a Heisman candidate on their roster already, give him a chance, he's more ready than Tebow.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

As a man of Honor,..i would be hard pressed to pass on Tebow in the second were Roethlisberger to be charged. I think that he has what it takes to defy most expectations at the next level. (He was born with it)

But,...being as though i think Ryan Mallet actually has the ability and drive to be dominant at the position at league level,... i'd stand fast for now. Though again,..it would be a very tough call were Tebow to actually be on the board when we pick in the second round.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Legend

The Tebow hype is insane to me. He was underwhelming at the Senior Bowl, 2 strip fumbles and going into the game this was the scouts #1 concern. Then 2 months later he reveals a new throwing motion at his pro day ...and it still looked pretty close to the old motion

Whats the point of a slower, less athletic Dixon being drafted right now? I can't see how Tebow's morals and hard work will translate into success on the field without a lot of work and I think we have more pressing needs.

Even if Ben is locked up... No thanks.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    I guess I'm just aching to get flamed but I was thinking (I know...very dangerous). I have been hearing some good things about Tebow as of late. Working like a dog, changing his throwing mechanics, being a very quick study, showing great improvement. I don't think you can question the man's leadership, work ethic, and competitive spirit. After seeing his response to the criticism I think he has a chance to be a very good NFL QB in the right situation and system. He is a 3 year project in my mind. Any team that can bring him in slow could be a good situation for him.

So after that rambling here is my question. If Ben gets charged before the draft and Tebow falls to us in the second...would you want to draft him?

I'm now leaning towards a yes even though I would rather have McCoy.

Discuss.

Armpit's FB post from March 9th:
    When Ben became a Steeler, he said his goal was to win 5 Super Bowls - one more than Bradshaw. He's well on his way to accomplishing that, but his behavior over the past few years has been anything but Steeler-like. Guilty or not, he has to stop putting himself in these types of situations. That being said, don't be ...surprised if we take Tim Tebow at #18. Tebow has Pittsburgh Steeler written all over him.

Asian's reply:
    I would poop egg rolls.

Shawn's reply:
    If we take Tebow...you will see a grown man cry

So do I get a Nostradamus Award for this or what??? to me!!
    I have come a long way on Tebow. What won me over was his response to criticism. For me...that's one of the greatest attributes of a good QB. I love the fact that people are starting to notice him looking more and more like an NFL caliber QB.
    What boggles the mind is that so many "sure things" end up in the toilet. And you get a Tom Brady in the 6th round. But you still have the "experts" saying Tebow won't be a good qb in the NFL. If you watch Total Access, you'll know that Mayock is on board with Tebow. But Charlie Cassel (sp?) seems to have a personal vendetta against the kid. Wherever he goes, I wish Tim nothing but success. And I'm pretty sure he'll find it.

Pro Bowler

I have always like Tebow, what is there not to like, he hustles, he is a leader (albeit corny, but still) he will do whatever he needs to do to make himself better for the team, and he also seems to have his head on right, I would take him because he has a desire to want to get better, I coach baseaball and I would much rather have a roster full of good ball players who hustle and want to get better than a group of cocky arrogant uncoachable players....

I would take him in a heartbeat. Not only is he a winner, but I would be confident that he wouldn't even put himself in the position to have his character & behavior questioned.