Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow...Steeler?

Re: Tim Tebow...Steeler?

If he lands on a team like the Steelers Patriots or Colts, winning franchises, and is learning behind those QB's, can you imagine the trade value he'd have 2 or 3 years down the road?
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    If he lands on a team like the Steelers Patriots or Colts, winning franchises, and is learning behind those QB's, can you imagine the trade value he'd have 2 or 3 years down the road?
    that's exactly my point.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Legend

Rivers has a mediocre arm and look how well he's done while others with great arms have been horrible. QBs are just a tough call.

But I wouldn't spend a 2nd on him. He seems like more of a round 6 or 7 prospect. Maybe 5 because he was a winner.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    chadman, the thing is, if you could get him in the 2nd, he could sit as the #3 qb till batch retires. then you get to see if dixon will work out or not and eventually you have some chips for a trade if Dixon does work out. if he doesn't, then you have a qb waiting.
    True enough.

That said, don't want to go into the season with Dixon at 1, Batch at 2 & Tebow at 3. That essentially, is three QB's that, to be honest, might not be up to starting in 2010.

If Ben is done, give Tampa a 5th for Leftwich.
    If Ben isn't here next season, then we're not really going to be looking forward to a great season.
    Do you really see Leftwich as anything more than a stop gap? I mean really, any way you look at it, without ben we don't have a chance next year. with Tebow, you'd actually have something to look forward too though...
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Hall of Famer

i dont know if tebow can play qb in the nfl but i would like the pick at round 3 or later. he is a high character guy and he has a great work ethic

I have to agree with you Birt. Leftwich? The guy isn't even a quality stop gap. I would rather have Dixon and Tebow than Dixon and Leftwich. Why? Because, honestly if Dixon is our starting QB...for at least one season we will not be SB caliber. Could he be a great QB? Well, I was a fan in college. I think he looked reasonably good last season. I think he has potential. With that said, I would love to have Tebow in the wings...learning and developing...giving us two shots at a potential franchise QB. We can't win a SB with Leftwich...so why have him? Develop your young talent...so that we can be competitive sooner rather than later.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I have to agree with you Birt. Leftwich? The guy isn't even a quality stop gap. I would rather have Dixon and Tebow than Dixon and Leftwich. Why? Because, honestly if Dixon is our starting QB...for at least one season we will not be SB caliber. Could he be a great QB? Well, I was a fan in college. I think he looked reasonably good last season. I think he has potential. With that said, I would love to have Tebow in the wings...learning and developing...giving us two shots at a potential franchise QB. We can't win a SB with Leftwich...so why have him? Develop your young talent...so that we can be competitive sooner rather than later.
    leftwich was great a couple of years ago when he played for the steelers. last year he was pathetic but any qb especially not a mobile qb would of stunk on the bucs. i would rather have leftwich starting games then any rookie qb. especially a rookie qb out of this draft class

Pro Bowler

Not in the 2nd or 3rd...4th, maybe because he just doesn't seem like a franchise QB - except for his "leadership" qualities. But aside from that, he doesn't read defenses well, stares down his receivers, doesn't seem to be able to throw the ball in the "windows" the NFL needs one to & his arm is questionable.

If I want a QB to develop...bring in Skelton or Hiller & leave Tebow-mania to some other team.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

I would rather attempt to land LeFevour or Pike in the 3rd or 4th or John Skelton out of Fordham in the 6th or 7th. Even Jonathan Crompton from Tennessee is interesting and could be had in the 6th or 7th round or even possibly undrafted. 2nd round pick for Tebow seems like too big a load to shoot on him. I like his tenacity and leadership though.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I guess I'm just aching to get flamed but I was thinking (I know...very dangerous). I have been hearing some good things about Tebow as of late. Working like a dog, changing his throwing mechanics, being a very quick study, showing great improvement. I don't think you can question the man's leadership, work ethic, and competitive spirit. After seeing his response to the criticism I think he has a chance to be a very good NFL QB in the right situation and system. He is a 3 year project in my mind. Any team that can bring him in slow could be a good situation for him.

So after that rambling here is my question. If Ben gets charged before the draft and Tebow falls to us in the second...would you want to draft him?

I'm now leaning towards a yes even though I would rather have McCoy.

Discuss.

Armpit's FB post from March 9th:
    When Ben became a Steeler, he said his goal was to win 5 Super Bowls - one more than Bradshaw. He's well on his way to accomplishing that, but his behavior over the past few years has been anything but Steeler-like. Guilty or not, he has to stop putting himself in these types of situations. That being said, don't be ...surprised if we take Tim Tebow at #18. Tebow has Pittsburgh Steeler written all over him.

Asian's reply:
    I would poop egg rolls.

Shawn's reply:
    If we take Tebow...you will see a grown man cry

So do I get a Nostradamus Award for this or what??? to me!!