Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

[url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10097/1048492-100.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10097/1048492-100.stm[/url]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?????
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

bye bye holmes.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    bye bye holmes.
    Hello Limas
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

bye bye holmes.
    I think there is a pretty good chance you see Holmes involved in a draft day trade.

This does 3 things for them.

1. they get something for him v. nothing, and no longer have to be concerned about the prima donna contract he is going to want.
    2. they avoid having to deal with whatever issue is pending- and put forward the "we dont behave like that here" message.
    3. eliminate any possible league/union/media scrutiny about disparity in response/punishment of two players- Ben/Holmes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Smokescreen...

Not drafting a WR high in this draft, IMO

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    bye bye holmes.
    I think there is a pretty good chance you see Holmes involved in a draft day trade.

1. they get something for him v. nothing, and no longer have to be concerned about the prima donna contract he is going to want.
    2. they avoid having to deal with whatever issue is pending- and put forward the "we dont behave like that here" message.
    3. eliminate any possible league/union/media scrutiny about disparity in response/punishment of two players- Ben/Holmes.
    Agreed!!! And at this stage (entering the draft),...honestly...who is a higher rate WR? I think both Bryant and Tate are. I personally think Bryant is a future problem himself and would touch him but Tate is very intriguing. Especially if it can be done with a trade down.

Legend

User Info Menu

bye bye holmes.

They wouldn't get "nothing"...they would get a third in compensation.

Second Dez Bryant? Are they serious? Why not bring in Pacman Jones for a spin at DB while they are at it? Bryant for Holmes is a vertical move on the douchebag meter. They both have issues. Bryant is rumored to be highly immature...will need a full time baby sitter just to make practice.

I really like Golden but I don't think the Steelers will take him at 18. I would be ok if we brought him in...but not at 18. I wonder if they will move down and use the Holmes pick which would likely be a mid second rounder to get two late firsts. If that happened they still might be able to grab Pouncey and Golden Tate. I would be very happy with those selections. However, I am not happy with trading Holmes. I know he is bad press but the guy can play...it's not like he is out shooting people.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "PSU_dropout43":38eaimlf
    bye bye holmes.

Agreed!!! And at this stage (entering the draft),...honestly...who is a higher rate WR? I think both Bryant and Tate are. I personally think Bryant is a future problem himself and would touch him but Tate is very intriguing. Especially if it can be done with a trade down.[/quote:38eaimlf]

I don't know that they'd take a WR early- unless they are able to get a 2nd or 3rd for Holmes. (i think you'd more likely see Holmes coupled with a pick to move up- and a conditional pick next year based upon productivity.)

I think the team is OK with moving forward this season w/o Holmes.
    They use Holmes to move up in the 2nd- get a conditional pick next season... see how Sweed pans out this year.

or maybe- just maybe- they grab Benn in the 2nd using the above strategy.

I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

When have the Steelers ever gotten a 3rd for any player in compensation?

Let's say they do..thats soemwhere around the 93rd to 95th pick. Why not trade him for someones 3rd round pick? and gain maybe some 15-20 spots in the draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

When have the Steelers ever gotten a 3rd for any player in compensation?

Let's say they do..thats soemwhere around the 93rd to 95th pick. Why not trade him for someones 3rd round pick? and gain maybe some 15-20 spots in the draft.
    But Comp picks are based on what you gain vs what you lose. He would be a loss vs what you gain next year. So you can't just say we will get a 5th. Next year we won't get any picks for Parker because we brought in Allen, Battle, ARE, and whoever else.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!