Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    bye bye holmes.
    I think there is a pretty good chance you see Holmes involved in a draft day trade.

This does 3 things for them.

1. they get something for him v. nothing, and no longer have to be concerned about the prima donna contract he is going to want.
    2. they avoid having to deal with whatever issue is pending- and put forward the "we dont behave like that here" message.
    3. eliminate any possible league/union/media scrutiny about disparity in response/punishment of two players- Ben/Holmes.
    Prima donna is holding out asking for a raise in the current contract ala Roddy White. Holmes could of done the same after that Super Bowl hype. White was drafted around the same spot as Holmes.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

What I think is. They love Golden Tate to replace Hines. And they are covering that up by also bringing in Dez Bryant at the same time.

Nothing to do with Holmes, and more to do with a Hines replacement and lack of productivity from Sweed.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    Interesting scenario: We trade Holmes to the Red Skins to give McNabb someone to throw the ball to and our 18 spot for their 4 spot. Then we draft "a boy named" Suh for Dline... Or McCoy or the LT from OSU.
    No team in the NFL will give the Steelers a first round pick for Santonio Holmes...let alone the number 4 pick in the first round. Not gonna happen. Sorry.

Throw in our 18? Would Holmes be worth 14 spots? Not sure.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Interesting scenario: We trade Holmes to the Red Skins to give McNabb someone to throw the ball to and our 18 spot for their 4 spot. Then we draft "a boy named" Suh for Dline... Or McCoy or the LT from OSU.
    No team in the NFL will give the Steelers a first round pick for Santonio Holmes...let alone the number 4 pick in the first round. Not gonna happen. Sorry.

According to the trade value chart, the #18 pick is worth 900 points, and the #4 pick is worth double that...1800 points.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

According to the trade value chart, the #18 pick is worth 900 points, and the #4 pick is worth double that...1800 points.
    So, to move up to 4...realistically we would have to give up Holmes, our #1 and a #2.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

They wouldn't get "nothing"...they would get a third in compensation.
    When have the Steelers ever gotten a 3rd for any player in compensation?

Let's say they do..thats soemwhere around the 93rd to 95th pick. Why not trade him for someones 3rd round pick? and gain maybe some 15-20 spots in the draft.

See: Plaxico Burress

All productive first round picks get compensated in the 3rd. Only reason we didn't get one for Faneca is because he played 10+ seasons.

Btw, Bengals got a 3rd for Houshmanzadeh.

$$$$

They wouldn't get "nothing"...they would get a third in compensation.
    When have the Steelers ever gotten a 3rd for any player in compensation?

Let's say they do..thats soemwhere around the 93rd to 95th pick. Why not trade him for someones 3rd round pick? and gain maybe some 15-20 spots in the draft.

See: Plaxico Burress

All productive first round picks get compensated in the 3rd. Only reason we didn't get one for Faneca is because he played 10+ seasons.

Btw, Bengals got a 3rd for Houshmanzadeh.

$$$$
    Ok so we wait and get say the 94th as compensation.....shouldnt we trade him for someones original 3rd round pick? And move up say 15-20 spots from there?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    bye bye holmes.

Won't happen and this stance is getting old to be honest. Holmes isn't going to be traded and we aren't drafting a QB high in the draft or trading for one.

You may not think Holmes is going to be traded, but there is certainly enough evidence to support his departure.
    A couple of weed run ins? and a bs assault charge? I'm not going to sit here and act like Santonio is a saint and my position on weed is pretty lax. Although I do get it's frowned upon to a greater degree by the league. I just don't think Santonio Holmes is the catastrophic headache everyone is making him out to be...I dunno. Either way he's not going to be traded. The whip will be cracked and the problem will be addressed or he will be gone.
    I agree I don't see him as, as you put it, a "catastrophic headache", a pain in the @ss, maybe, but not the headache. I don't see him going anywhere and I don't see a WR in the first three rounds this year.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer

What I think is. They love Golden Tate to replace Hines. And they are covering that up by also bringing in Dez Bryant at the same time.

Nothing to do with Holmes, and more to do with a Hines replacement and lack of productivity from Sweed.
    oh no i seriously hope they dont think tate can replace hines. no way they will be able to get bryant although he will be a great wr in the nfl. no way do i think tate will be a great wr in the nfl