Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

Starter

Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    Interesting scenario: We trade Holmes to the Red Skins to give McNabb someone to throw the ball to and our 18 spot for their 4 spot. Then we draft "a boy named" Suh for Dline... Or McCoy or the LT from OSU.
    No team in the NFL will give the Steelers a first round pick for Santonio Holmes...let alone the number 4 pick in the first round. Not gonna happen. Sorry.
    I think they'll try to trade down though. Meaning the Redskins...(If I recall- they have only 4 picks this year after the trade) actually, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Steelers trade down in the 1st & up in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    Interesting scenario: We trade Holmes to the Red Skins to give McNabb someone to throw the ball to and our 18 spot for their 4 spot. Then we draft "a boy named" Suh for Dline... Or McCoy or the LT from OSU.
    No team in the NFL will give the Steelers a first round pick for Santonio Holmes...let alone the number 4 pick in the first round. Not gonna happen. Sorry.
    I think they'll try to trade down though. Meaning the Redskins...(If I recall- they have only 4 picks this year after the trade) actually, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Steelers trade down in the 1st & up in the 2nd.
    What if the Steelers used their first and Holmes to #4-7 and grab Berry? I think Holmes could warrant a move up 11-15 in the first. We could then package some picks to move up in the second if Golden Tate was still there.

A draft with Berry and Tate would be pretty nice.

Legend

We have cops witnessing the victim rubbing Holmes face after the incident. This isn't Cedric Wilson's girl with a gun shutting down a suburb..

Holmes will not get traded this year. He is way too valuable to our offense and Hines is old and hammy downed. I would be very surprised if Holmes was even suspended looking at the evidence.

Legend

How bout we just keep Santonio. He had about 80 catches and 1200 yards last season. And he's gotten better every season. Plus he scores TDs when we get in the playoffs.

We're going on a SuperBowl run this year. Forget about trading Holmes. It's not happening.

PS. I hate his bicep flex.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    We have cops witnessing the victim rubbing Holmes face after the incident. This isn't Cedric Wilson's girl with a gun shutting down a suburb..

Holmes will not get traded this year. He is way too valuable to our offense and Hines is old and hammy downed. I would be very surprised if Holmes was even suspended looking at the evidence.
    Could be-

And I think the "incident" at the club is not the big problem for the Steelers.

I think they are likely more concerned about the overall pattern of behavior- and
    announcing to the world that you are about to get high. That is- do something illegal, and frowned upon heavily by the league- which would induce another suspension. Add that to the moron telling some dummy to kill themselves...

The Rooneys and their new investors can't be happy with that, at all.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    bye bye holmes.

Won't happen and this stance is getting old to be honest. Holmes isn't going to be traded and we aren't drafting a QB high in the draft or trading for one.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    bye bye holmes.

Won't happen and this stance is getting old to be honest. Holmes isn't going to be traded and we aren't drafting a QB high in the draft or trading for one.

You may not think Holmes is going to be traded, but there is certainly enough evidence to support his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    How bout we just keep Santonio. He had about 80 catches and 1200 yards last season. And he's gotten better every season. Plus he scores TDs when we get in the playoffs.

We're going on a SuperBowl run this year. Forget about trading Holmes. It's not happening.

PS. I hate his bicep flex.

Yes, Yes and Yes

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    bye bye holmes.

You may not think Holmes is going to be traded, but there is certainly enough evidence to support his departure.
    A couple of weed run ins? and a bs assault charge? I'm not going to sit here and act like Santonio is a saint and my position on weed is pretty lax. Although I do get it's frowned upon to a greater degree by the league. I just don't think Santonio Holmes is the catastrophic headache everyone is making him out to be...I dunno. Either way he's not going to be traded. The whip will be cracked and the problem will be addressed or he will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

They wouldn't get "nothing"...they would get a third in compensation.
    When have the Steelers ever gotten a 3rd for any player in compensation?

Let's say they do..thats soemwhere around the 93rd to 95th pick. Why not trade him for someones 3rd round pick? and gain maybe some 15-20 spots in the draft.

See: Plaxico Burress

All productive first round picks get compensated in the 3rd. Only reason we didn't get one for Faneca is because he played 10+ seasons.

Btw, Bengals got a 3rd for Houshmanzadeh.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII