Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

  1. #11
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

    They wouldn't get "nothing"...they would get a third in compensation.
    When have the Steelers ever gotten a 3rd for any player in compensation?

    Let's say they do..thats soemwhere around the 93rd to 95th pick. Why not trade him for someones 3rd round pick? and gain maybe some 15-20 spots in the draft.
    But Comp picks are based on what you gain vs what you lose. He would be a lose vs what you gain next year. So you can't just say we will get a 5th. Next year we won't get any picks for Parker because we brought in Allen, Battle, ARE, and whoever else.
    exactly-

    plus, that would be a pick 3 drafts from now- 2012 - assuming the CBA issues are resolved.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

    They wouldn't get "nothing"...they would get a third in compensation.
    When have the Steelers ever gotten a 3rd for any player in compensation?

    Let's say they do..thats soemwhere around the 93rd to 95th pick. Why not trade him for someones 3rd round pick? and gain maybe some 15-20 spots in the draft.
    But Comp picks are based on what you gain vs what you lose. He would be a lose vs what you gain next year. So you can't just say we will get a 5th. Next year we won't get any picks for Parker because we brought in Allen, Battle, ARE, and whoever else.
    exactly-

    plus, that would be a pick 3 drafts from now- 2012 - assuming the CBA issues are resolved.
    Not sure if I am misreading what your intent is here, but there is a draft in 2011 even if there is a lockout....pretty sure anyway...
    @_Hellgrammite

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh

    Not sure if I am misreading what your intent is here, but there is a draft in 2011 even if there is a lockout....pretty sure anyway...

    There is a draft in 2011 yes. But Holmes would not net us a pick until the 2012 draft which is 3 drafts away. This year's, 2011's in which Holmes would be playing for his new FA team. That's the year the Playing time the player receives with the new team is factored into the calculations for comp picks. Then we would receive the pick in the 2012 draft. Holmes is still under contract this year. So he wouldn't be a FA until 2011.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    Draft 2.0

    1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

  4. #14
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh

    Not sure if I am misreading what your intent is here, but there is a draft in 2011 even if there is a lockout....pretty sure anyway...

    There is a draft in 2011 yes. But Holmes would not net us a pick until the 2012 draft which is 3 drafts away. This year's, 2011's in which Holmes would be playing for his new FA team. That's the year the Playing time the player receives with the new team is factored into the calculations for comp picks. Then we would receive the pick in the 2012 draft. Holmes is still under contract this year. So he wouldn't be a FA until 2011.
    Yeah, that is what I was trying to convey.

    My comment regarding the CBA issue- was the whole "up in the air" aspect. Who knows what is going to happen, or how it will shake out.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,271

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    Interesting scenario: We trade Holmes to the Red Skins to give McNabb someone to throw the ball to and our 18 spot for their 4 spot. Then we draft "a boy named" Suh for Dline... Or McCoy or the LT from OSU.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,910

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Smokescreen...

    Not drafting a WR high in this draft, IMO

    Pappy
    Exactly.

  7. #17
    Backup
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    AZ (from South Side Pgh)
    Posts
    199

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    Because you never know what might happen in the draft. Maybe one of them will fall to a point where we feel we might can trade up. I don't think it has anything to do with Holmes.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    Interesting scenario: We trade Holmes to the Red Skins to give McNabb someone to throw the ball to and our 18 spot for their 4 spot. Then we draft "a boy named" Suh for Dline... Or McCoy or the LT from OSU.
    I'd be very, very excited about that trade if we got Suh, but the reality is he will probably go 2 or 3, so would we want Okung as our future LT and then what happens to Starks? He moves back to RT? Maybe, but I think I might want to take a difference maker on defense like Eric Berry or Joe Haden. But, not sure I'd want them at #4.

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    @RavensInsider RB LeGarrette Blount visiting the Steelers today as well as LBs Koa Misi and Adrian Tracy; OT Bryan Bulaga visited Tuesday.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,591

    Re: Steelers bring in Dez Bryant and Golden Tate

    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    Interesting scenario: We trade Holmes to the Red Skins to give McNabb someone to throw the ball to and our 18 spot for their 4 spot. Then we draft "a boy named" Suh for Dline... Or McCoy or the LT from OSU.
    No team in the NFL will give the Steelers a first round pick for Santonio Holmes...let alone the number 4 pick in the first round. Not gonna happen. Sorry.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •