Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost time for me to leave Pittsburgh - suggestions?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Almost time for me to leave Pittsburgh - suggestions?

In just a handful of short weeks I will be leaving the homeland and heading behind enemy lines. Dallas.

Anyone here familiar with the area? Know which of the local Steelers bars are the best to spend my Sunday afternoons in? Any other recommendations?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Almost time for me to leave Pittsburgh - suggestions?

[quote="D Rock"]In just a handful of short weeks I will be leaving the homeland and heading behind enemy lines. Dallas.

Anyone here familiar with the area? Know which of the local Steelers bars are the best to spend my Sunday afternoons in? Any other recommendations?[/quote]

Dont take any crap from loud mouth Cowboy's fans

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

I was stationed in Dallas (Mesquite/Seagoville) for three years (2004-2007). You would be amazed how indifferent the Cowboys fans are. I searched high and low (literally) and could not find anyone that was a "diehard" fan.

I bequeathed a "Three Rivers" stadium print to a local Steelers bar but I cannot remember the name. I never visited it. However, I have to be honest with you, I have NO DOUBT you will find one.

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://steelerbars.com/[/url]

[url]http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070831090140AAiOD6Y[/url]

[url]http://www.fanloop.com/sportsbars.php?&barID=50091[/url]

You could always join the Steel City Mafia and start something great down there! There are actually members there already.

[url]http://www.steelcitymafia.com[/url]

Tell them member #210 referred you.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

You are going to miss the Burgh. Down here they really don't care about the Cowboys like we care about the Steelers in Pittsburgh. They are much more interested in the rivalries that exist in college ball. That makes arguing with them pretty lame.

As far as Steelers fan clubs, the best one is Austin Avenue in Plano. It's OK but not great. None of the organizers are from Pittsburgh. They are just Cowboy haters who picked the Steelers to root for. If I have one regret about my time here in Big D it's that I didn't start a new fan club down in the city. Maybe I'm spoiled by the great fan clubs I've been a part of on the east coast including the PSFCOB and Philly Steelers Club but the club down here doesn't come close to them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Slider 'n blues... In Plano... Just a hop, skip, and a jump....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel
    You are going to miss the Burgh. Down here they really don't care about the Cowboys like we care about the Steelers in Pittsburgh. They are much more interested in the rivalries that exist in college ball. That makes arguing with them pretty lame.

As far as Steelers fan clubs, the best one is Austin Avenue in Plano. It's OK but not great. None of the organizers are from Pittsburgh. They are just Cowboy haters who picked the Steelers to root for. If I have one regret about my time here in Big D it's that I didn't start a new fan club down in the city. Maybe I'm spoiled by the great fan clubs I've been a part of on the east coast including the PSFCOB and Philly Steelers Club but the club down here doesn't come close to them.

Obviously microbiology is what you're involved in down there. I'm going to be going to grad school at UT Southwestern. What are you up to?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Slider 'n blues... In Plano... Just a hop, skip, and a jump....

How'd I know that you'd know!!

And D, my advice to you is DON'T DO IT!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a suggestion for you...Don't do it! Find a new job or whatever the reason is for you leaving Pittsburgh and change the parameters.

Just sayin...if you can't do that then Good Luck

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

cowboy fans are so weak. they are hardly football fans. im not sure if there are any die hard cowboy fans. if so they probably aren't from north texas. there are a lot people in dallas that are from other places. the time i lived there i think i knew just as many steeler fans in the area than i knew cowboy fans. there are a ton of steeler fans in texas. much more than any team besides the cowgirls