Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramblin Jim's Mock 1st Round Draft

Legend

Re: Ramblin Jim's Mock 1st Round Draft

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    No Spiller in Round 1? Am I missing something?

Ahhh....see this is why no one pays me to do this!

I had a dream we got Suh, Berry, Haden, Thomas, Odrick, McClain, Wilson, Spiller, and Tate.

I was embarrassed to post that mock.

Pro Bowler

21.) Cincinnati – Anthony Davis
    Cincy’s line was it’s Achilles heel last year, Davis falls to them at 21 because people think he’s lazy. Put this guy up with the big Hoss from Alabama they drafted last year and they’ll have two first round tackles.
    If by Achilles heel, you mean strength then yes. This is the 2nd mock recently that I've seen have us take Anthony Davis, while it would be interesting, I don't think it's going to happen...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    No Spiller in Round 1? Am I missing something?

Ahhh....see this is why no one pays me to do this!

I had a dream we got Suh, Berry, Haden, Thomas, Odrick, McClain, Wilson, Spiller, and Tate.

I was embarrassed to post that mock.
    I like flippy's dreams (the draft ones at least...I'd imagine some of the others would scare me ).

What if we were able to trade all of our tradeable picks get a couple of premium first-rounders that would vastly improve our secondary? Imagine getting Texas' Earl Thomas to be our free safety of the future, Florida's Joe Haden to be a starting corner opposite Ike, and then Toledo's Barry Church later with one of our untradeable comp picks to be a back-up for Troy at strong safety?

This guy in particular thinks that would be an excellent secondary and a draft that is worthy of praise and compliments!

(Hopefully someone on here is familiar with Wings, Sideways, or Spiderman 3 and gets that joke)

Legend

I'd be ok with trading a bunch of picks to move up and get a couple of first rounders.

We only need a couple of impact players and then we can bring in more UDFAs.

I'd probably shoot for more second/third round picks because there's so much talent in those rounds and it would be cheaper than getting more firsts.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I'd be ok with trading a bunch of picks to move up and get a couple of first rounders.

We only need a couple of impact players and then we can bring in more UDFAs.

I'd probably shoot for more second/third round picks because there's so much talent in those rounds and it would be cheaper than getting more firsts.
    Yeah, that's more realistic, but I was trying to make a Thomas Haden Church joke, dammit! :P