Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

  1. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    If Ben & Santonio are guilty- they will have zero trade value.

    Cut them both if guilty, and move on.

    If you don't believe Chadman- how much trade stock did Vick raise?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    how much trade value does brandon marshall have despite the troubles he's gotten in to

  3. #13
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,976

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    how much trade value does brandon marshall have despite the troubles he's gotten in to


    Brandon Marshall is a restricted free agent who Denver has tendered with a first round compensation pick.

  4. #14

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    If Ben & Santonio are guilty- they will have zero trade value.

    Cut them both if guilty, and move on.

    If you don't believe Chadman- how much trade stock did Vick raise?
    Here I go again Chadman!
    I do not see Homles transgressions on the level as Ben( If a crime was committed) and Vick.

    So yes if a team loves what Homles brings to the football field he has some trade value.
    Most of Holmes stuff he has not been convicted of anything. I guess that is why there has not been any NFL action on him at this point. So even if he gets something for this assualt he will still have trade value. I really don't think he gets traded at this point. Is this any worse then Harrisons assualt? Yes I know the charges were dropped on James.


    There are teams looking at pacman still. Who is a troubled player.

  5. #15
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,976

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    If Ben & Santonio are guilty- they will have zero trade value.

    Cut them both if guilty, and move on.

    If you don't believe Chadman- how much trade stock did Vick raise?
    Here I go again Chadman!
    I do not see Homles transgressions on the level as Ben( If a crime was committed) and Vick.

    So yes if a team loves what Homles brings to the football field he has some trade value.
    Most of Holmes stuff he has not been convicted of anything. I guess that is why there has not been any NFL action on him at this point. So even if he gets something for this assualt he will still have trade value. I really don't think he gets traded at this point. Is this any worse then Harrisons assualt? Yes I know the charges were dropped on James.


    There are teams looking at pacman still. Who is a troubled player.


    Vick intentionally killed dogs, to me his transgressions are in a league of their own.

    Ben uses bad judgment when it comes to women, I personally don't believe he sexually assaults them and i think he will ultimately be found innocent.

    Santonio likes to get high, his biggest mistake is that he needs to be more discreet, stay out of clubs and learn to shut the f*ck up.

  6. #16

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Baring some crazy turn of events- meaning Stonio being arrested- I think Homes is done in Pitt. (it would not surprise me at all- to see him traded on draft day.)

    Not to say El = Holmes- but he is a sufficient replacement. They signed him for a reason- and told him he would be the #3. He was signed just days after Holmes' event occurred.

    Clearly, the team would prefer a player of Holmes' ability stay with the team, but these latest incidents will be the proverbial straw, imo.

    I think, irrespective of guilt or innocence in this case, Holmes is suspended 4 games- due to conduct detrimental to the league. (this includes "pattern", assault, and twitter bs.)


    The real dilemma here, for the Team and the League, is how do you equitably discipline both players- meaning both Ben & Holmes? I don't think the league or team can punish one and not the other- without significant appearance of preferential treatment- and huge backlash for the players union & players in general.
    I may be way off base here, but I'd think the F.O. could treat them very differently, get away with it, and rightfully so. One guy is a SB x 2 winning QB, franchise player. The other isn't. So right off the bat, "equal treatment" doesn't have to be the rule. It's not like constitutional rights, or anything. My !


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    whats the difference?


    in essence.....giving up a 1st rder for marshall


    giving up a 2nd rder for holmes.


    both have had some off the field issues

  8. #18
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,976

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    whats the difference?


    in essence.....giving up a 1st rder for marshall


    giving up a 2nd rder for holmes.


    both have had some off the field issues

    i'm not holding the latest incident with Anshonae Mills against Santonio, i think she is a golddigger...yet another reason why Ben and Santonio need to be more careful when they go out, though.


  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    Vick, Marshall & Pacman actually all strengthen Chadman's claim that Ben & Holmes' trade value is shot.

    Vick, after his arrest, jail time & suspension, despite being a well known & well sought after QB, couldn't even geneerate any interest on the lowest level of trade value. Not even a 7th round pick. Teams knew Atlanta was going to have to cut him, so they all sat back & waited for that to happen.

    Marshall, for all his all-world talent, and despite obviously being on the outer at Denver has been traded how many times? Recieved how many tender offers on his restricted free agency? None? Teams stay away, despite knowing he's an out-of-this-world talent.

    And Pacman...an unrestricted free agent. He's recieved how many contract offers?

    If Ben & Holmes go down, cut them & move on. Maybe, you can recieve some level of interest on Holmes. Maybe. But you won't get a 1st or 2nd round pick for a guy that is a legal risk.

    Ben is so high-profile, it would actually work against him as a P.R. excercise for most teams- after all, who wants to add a sexual offender to their organisation? If he was Joe Schmo, teams could get by- after all, what's the risk on a guy that may or may not make league minimum? But $100 million Ben? That's a lot of media coverage.

    Larry Johnson anyone?

    It sucks, but if guilty, the Steelers will never get what we believe is fair trade value. Chadman looks at it this way- investment of 2 first round picks and a few million dollars gained the Steelers 2 Super Bowl wins. If you could be guarenteed 2 SB wins from the next two years 1st round picks, would you pick them?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  10. #20

    Re: Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Vick, Marshall & Pacman actually all strengthen Chadman's claim that Ben & Holmes' trade value is shot.

    Vick, after his arrest, jail time & suspension, despite being a well known & well sought after QB, couldn't even geneerate any interest on the lowest level of trade value. Not even a 7th round pick. Teams knew Atlanta was going to have to cut him, so they all sat back & waited for that to happen.

    Marshall, for all his all-world talent, and despite obviously being on the outer at Denver has been traded how many times? Recieved how many tender offers on his restricted free agency? None? Teams stay away, despite knowing he's an out-of-this-world talent.

    And Pacman...an unrestricted free agent. He's recieved how many contract offers?

    If Ben & Holmes go down, cut them & move on. Maybe, you can recieve some level of interest on Holmes. Maybe. But you won't get a 1st or 2nd round pick for a guy that is a legal risk.

    Ben is so high-profile, it would actually work against him as a P.R. excercise for most teams- after all, who wants to add a sexual offender to their organisation? If he was Joe Schmo, teams could get by- after all, what's the risk on a guy that may or may not make league minimum? But $100 million Ben? That's a lot of media coverage.

    Larry Johnson anyone?

    It sucks, but if guilty, the Steelers will never get what we believe is fair trade value. Chadman looks at it this way- investment of 2 first round picks and a few million dollars gained the Steelers 2 Super Bowl wins. If you could be guarenteed 2 SB wins from the next two years 1st round picks, would you pick them?
    I'm going to have to disagree. Vick and PacMan are clearly different scenerios. First, we are not talking prison time for Holmes. The Steelers have no need to cut or release Holmes. And despite some attitude/legal issues he would turn heads on the open market.
    While Marshall hasn't garnered the kind of interest you would expect from a man of his talents they are still squabling over 1st or second round trade value.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •