Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 75% chance Roethlisberger suspended

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: 75% chance Roethlisberger suspended

MP...yeah I have to agree about the accuser. After the accuser sobered up she has been less than cooperative with authorities. I find that curious. What I also find curious is the fact that they didn't want a DNA sample...meaning they didn't have anything to swab. This makes it much less likely that intercourse took place...which means lesser charges. So, what is the GBI being sooo smug about? They have rock solid evidence that Ben gave this girl a "shocker" in the bathroom? That he forced himself on her? What kind of evidence could they possibly have?

Backup

User Info Menu

The GBI could be throwing out this quote to get a few headlines. I do find it odd the media hasn't responded to this but maybe it's because this is what the GBI wants.

If the girl isn't cooperating it could mean Ben is willing to pay so she has shut down but te GBI s trying to move forward regardless of her wishes. Ben is a Yankee.... and Georgia has some very archaic laws on the book regarding sex... this is a cash cow for a county who may be in the red. I wouldn't be surprised if they milked this.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quick question... what are the local papers in Georgia saying? What if he is talking about one or 2 local vocals in the media?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quick question... what are the local papers in Georgia saying? What if he is talking about one or 2 local vocals in the media?
    Good question. That's certainly a possibility.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    if no charges are filed or if charges are filed he goes to court and is found not guilty why would he be suspended? maybe im optimistic but i have a good feeling that ben wont go to court.
    If charges are filed...he is done for the year at minimum.
    why is that? just charges filed?? it doesnt matter if he is guilty or not done for the year? i dont think so. maybe a few games but an entire season is a lot. vick got half of a season and he was found guilty of killing dogs. if the steelers suspend him for the year and then deal him or something that is one thing. no way goodell suspends him for the whole season though

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    if no charges are filed or if charges are filed he goes to court and is found not guilty why would he be suspended? maybe im optimistic but i have a good feeling that ben wont go to court.
    If charges are filed...he is done for the year at minimum.
    why is that? just charges filed?? it doesnt matter if he is guilty or not done for the year? i dont think so. maybe a few games but an entire season is a lot. vick got half of a season and he was found guilty of killing dogs. if the steelers suspend him for the year and then deal him or something that is one thing. no way goodell suspends him for the whole season though
    Will Goodell allow Ben to play pending trial? I would think not. And I know there is alot of feelings for dogs...I get that. But, if Ben is brought to trial for sexual assault that is alot more serious. Who knows...Ben's career could be over.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Charges will be filed against Big Ben. A case like this only takes 4 weeks if they are gathering every little piece of evidence and turning over every rock looking for something to build a case with......They also said they wished to speak with Ben again, but know it'll not happen.

They are looking to file charges and will be giving the DA everything they possibly can.......

I'm getting really worried about our future at QB.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Small town police are more apt to try to prove a point and do all they can to get an indictment. Just like if you speed going through their little town -- they'll try to make you pay.

Backup

User Info Menu

[url="http://unionrecorder.com/"]http://unionrecorder.com/[/url]

this is the local newspaper where alleged incident occurred. Haven't perused it lately.

Happy Easter All & praying for a good outcome for Ben/Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I've wondered about this too. I also wondered if maybe he was making an awkward reference to Ben's attorney who said something about no crime occurring. I know Ben's atty is not a member of the media, but he said it to/in the media.

Either way, I don't think you wuold see a quote like this unless this guy felt charges were going to be filed.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]