Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 2, 2010 3:33 PM ET
    People who make their livings as spokesmen are usually very careful in how they choose their words. That's especially true when they're addressing issues as serious as potential criminal charges against a public figure.

So it's a little surprising to see the way the spokesman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation lashed out at members of the media covering the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault investigation.

John Bankhead, spokesman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in Atlanta, told Dan Majors of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that members of the media who have questioned the Bureau's handling of the Roethlisberger case are going to look foolish when the full scope of the investigation comes to light.

"There are a lot of people out there reporting things and repeating things that just are not true," Bankhead said. "They'll be eating crow later. It may taste delicious like Thanksgiving turkey now, but later on, when the facts come out, it'll taste like eating crow."

It's not clear which reports Bankhead is referring to. It's also not clear why Bankhead feels the need to call out unnamed members of the media now, rather than wait until the Bureau can reveal its findings and let the investigation speak for itself.

Asked if investigators have encountered any difficulties, Bankhead replied, "No, other than with the media."

Bankhead added that people who believe the investigation is moving slowly "don't understand our procedures."

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/02/georgia-bureau-of-investigation-media-will-be-eating-crow/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ting-crow/[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

so um....? what does that mean?
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Starter

User Info Menu

That's an excellent mock draft.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    so um....? what does that mean?
    Not sure but I guess down South they think Crow taste like Turkey???

Dang I know this is hard times...just the other day I saw a roach pull a switch-blade on a rat and stole his cheese.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

"There are a lot of people out there reporting things and repeating things that just are not true," Bankhead said. "They'll be eating crow later. It may taste delicious like Thanksgiving turkey now, but later on, when the facts come out, it'll taste like eating crow."
    this could refer to a lot of points over the past few weeks.

The .2% BAC, the uncooperating accuser, the lack of DNA as a reason the request for a sample was withdrawn.

We'll see soon enough.

I just wish they would get the charges filed before the draft if they are going to file them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold
    this could refer to a lot of points over the past few weeks.

The .2% BAC, the uncooperating accuser, the lack of DNA as a reason the request for a sample was withdrawn.

We'll see soon enough.

I just wish they would get the charges filed before the draft if they are going to file them.
    You and me both.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm probably being paranoid but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I'm probably being paranoid but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
    Same here. Got the feeling that they want to make an example out of Ben now. Whether he's guilty or not.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea, well... He's probably just pissed that they don't have a case and wants his 15 minutes of fame. And even if they think they do, it'll get blown out of the water any ways.... This whole thing just stinks of something rotten. IMO.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Yea, well... He's probably just pissed that they don't have a case and wants his 15 minutes of fame. And even if they think they do, it'll get blown out of the water any ways.... This whole thing just stinks of something rotten. IMO.
    i hope you are right, i'm with these guys; starting to get a bad feeling abou this.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.