Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

Pro Bowler

Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

There's not guilty and there's guilty. The GBI will not be making an example out of Ben. They are looking for witnesses enough to prosecute. Or some evidence of wrongdoing.

1)There is not guilty.
    2)There is guilty due to evidence and witnesses.
    3)There is guilty but without a shred of evidence or witnesses.

1 and 3 you get to go home. 2 gets you in trouble. Let's not pretend GBI has ability to make up videos or plant his DNA on the girl. We already know DNA is not involved and there's no video. They are checking all witnesses to see what people have seen. Then they repeat the interviews a week or so later to see how stories change. They have a year, but I doubt it will take much longer. They can charge up to a year or so from the incident barring crazy circumstances.

Don't read too much into the time it takes. GBI is not going to blunder by going fast.

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    There's not guilty and there's guilty. The GBI will not be making an example out of Ben. They are looking for witnesses enough to prosecute. Or some evidence of wrongdoing.

1)There is not guilty.
    2)There is guilty due to evidence and witnesses.
    3)There is guilty but without a shred of evidence or witnesses.

1 and 3 you get to go home. 2 gets you in trouble. Let's not pretend GBI has ability to make up videos or plant his DNA on the girl. We already know DNA is not involved and there's no video. They are checking all witnesses to see what people have seen. Then they repeat the interviews a week or so later to see how stories change. They have a year, but I doubt it will take much longer. They can charge up to a year or so from the incident barring crazy circumstances.

Don't read too much into the time it takes. GBI is not going to blunder by going fast.
    Please do not think that a law enforcement agency can't twist and spin things to make Ben look guilty. If you don't believe that then you can talk to some guys from Duke whose lives have been ruined by a power hungry DA.

This is what bothers me the most. Ben is obviously a famous person and it would be a feather in the cap of a law enforcement official to convict him on anything they can just to show he didn't get any favoritism.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

it's not the GBI's role to prove the media wrong, this was a very unprofessional statement by the media spokesperson, to say the least.

Pro Bowler

I do agree that it is very unprofessional for them to make comments about the media.

If they do have something on Ben, it appears rubbing it in, which ain't good for them. They could be held in the Duke light if they do blunder and were being aggressive with the media about it. The media is very unforgiving and would love to crush the GBI just for making the statement they did.
    In the next year I expect someone from the GBI to be exposed for pedophilia or something horrible. They'll be on their arse waiting for a slip up.

And trust me, I know how dirty law enforcement members can be.

Pro Bowler

These guys are in the position of information control right now. They're going to milk this thing for all it's worth. I don't like the media, but the fact that media are a bunch of hooha's doesn't they aren't either.

I have heard police officers speak very freely. I remember one that said, yeah "he's a trouble maker so I just try to incite him to act stupid." "I just itch to lock him up".

While that's not planting evidence...police officers are human. They do not like to be embarassed. You do not want to be an enemy of the law. So, someone suggesting evidence tampering is not unthinkable for me.

With that said, I do not believe the GBI will be looking to plant evidence. I believe they will just get to the bottom of this investigation.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I have heard police officers speak very freely. I remember one that said, yeah "he's a trouble maker so I just try to incite him to act stupid." "I just itch to lock him up".

While that's not planting evidence...police officers are human. They do not like to be embarassed. You do not want to be an enemy of the law. So, someone suggesting evidence tampering is not unthinkable for me.

With that said, I do not believe the GBI will be looking to plant evidence. I believe they will just get to the bottom of this investigation.
    off topic a little but female cops scare the sh1t out of me. Only because I have seen more then a few buck up for no reason to show how tough they are.

My nephew spent a night in jail because he was from NYC and an Atlanta cop said he wanted to show him "how we do things down here in Georgia" This is why I worry about the small town attitude toward Ben. They don't take to kindly to Yankees...

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

off topic a little but female cops scare the sh1t out of me. Only because I have seen more then a few buck up for no reason to show how tough they are.

My nephew spent a night in jail because he was from NYC and an Atlanta cop said he wanted to show him "how we do things down here in Georgia" This is why I worry about the small town attitude toward Ben. They don't take to kindly to Yankees...

Uuuuhh,...when did Atlanta become a "Town" ? It's not LA, NY or Chicago but,.. Atlanta (and it's immediate area) is actually a rather large metropolitan City.

If your thinking of supposed cities that are actually "big towns" where everybody knows your name,...i think that you may be referring to something a little closer to your own backyard ?

But on a serious note,...the GBI as a whole does not have "hard on" for Roethlisberger in particular. And even if some agents a little closer to "ground zero" had some particular biases of one kind or another,...they more than likely will still conduct themselves as professionals. (in terms of the investigation)

If not because they actually have any Honor per se,....but more importantly because the agency will tolerate no nonsense in a case such this because it's somewhat "high profile". (And i say somewhat because,..outside of the Steeler Nation and the sporting media,...no one REALLY gives a # about Ben Roethlisberger "like that".)
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

While I believe most cops to be on the up and up...like in every profession you have your individuals. The police have a tremendous amount of power. So, if you don't show that badge alot of respect you will get smacked. It's worse with a badge with a chip on their shoulder. And I could see how being a female cop might increase the propensity to enforce that respect.

Legend

I never said Atlanta was a small town...