Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

  1. #11

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I'm probably being paranoid but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
    Same here. Got the feeling that they want to make an example out of Ben now. Whether he's guilty or not.
    Yeah sounds like they may have a chip on their shoulder. Lets hope Ray Ray's lawyer is as good as advertised.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I'm probably being paranoid but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
    Same here. Got the feeling that they want to make an example out of Ben now. Whether he's guilty or not.
    Yeah sounds like they may have a chip on their shoulder. Lets hope Ray Ray's lawyer is as good as advertised.
    There was a guy on Mike and Mike a few weeks back (forget who he was) but he said that this guy (Ray Ray's lawyer) is the best in the business. And Ben's silence is due to the fact that the lawyer tells his clients to basically shut the eff up.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,929

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I'm probably being paranoid but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
    Same here. Got the feeling that they want to make an example out of Ben now. Whether he's guilty or not.
    Yeah sounds like they may have a chip on their shoulder. Lets hope Ray Ray's lawyer is as good as advertised.
    There was a guy on Mike and Mike a few weeks back (forget who he was) but he said that this guy (Ray Ray's lawyer) is the best in the business. And Ben's silence is due to the fact that the lawyer tells his clients to basically shut the eff up.
    Good advice. Santonio's lawyer needs to tell him the same thing.

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I'm probably being paranoid but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
    Same here. Got the feeling that they want to make an example out of Ben now. Whether he's guilty or not.
    Yeah sounds like they may have a chip on their shoulder. Lets hope Ray Ray's lawyer is as good as advertised.
    There was a guy on Mike and Mike a few weeks back (forget who he was) but he said that this guy (Ray Ray's lawyer) is the best in the business. And Ben's silence is due to the fact that the lawyer tells his clients to basically shut the eff up.
    Good advice. Santonio's lawyer needs to tell him the same thing.
    Agreed!!

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    Could be anyone thinking this guys statements are pro Ben are strictly analyzing the statement through black & gold colored glasses. I would look at it more as his statements are made with a little anger from the GBI toward the media due to articles being critical of the GBI. Off the top of my head articles/subjects media could of or was critical of the GBI are how long it is taking to wrap this up, the photos the cops took with Ben, whether the accuser was being cooperative, and then just the general coverage could be wrong with facts from the case.

    Maybe I am just not trying to get my hopes up that our QB's name will be cleared of these things. Would love it to be revealed in detail some scheme this chick and her friends devised through texting on their blackberry's that night but the only thing I have to grasp onto for that is the height/weight the accuser gave which came right from the Steelers roster meaning someone looked it up online....probably though a blackberry or Iphone or some similar device.
    @_Hellgrammite

  6. #16

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    My best guess (a bargain at half the price!) as to why this GBI guy said this:

    Though the investigation is not quite formally over, the guy knows it is essentially over, and either:

    1) He knows Ben is going down, and in a moment of weakness he couldn't help but gloat at the media that he feels has been mocking law enforcement issues down there, or

    2) He knows Ben is NOT going down, and in frustration he is playing the only card he has while he can - keeping the media off balance and wondering. That "15 minutes of fame" someone above posted.

    Which one is it? I have no idea, I guess I'd need to know a little bit about the history of the guy making the statement. I sure hope it's #2.

    But either way, smart money says an announcement is coming soon, IMO. Bad news (Ben charged, etc.) probably won't come on a Saturday, Sunday, or Friday afternoon - not enough media coverage. So let's hope for an announcement Easter weekend!!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  7. #17

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    I know this is me wishin' but I suppose the GBI could have significant evidence that this was a money grab. They could be pressing charges against the girl. Ok...I know lame. I'm starting to think we are really hosed.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I know this is me wishin' but I suppose the GBI could have significant evidence that this was a money grab. They could be pressing charges against the girl. Ok...I know lame. I'm starting to think we are really hosed.
    This, coupled with Ben's removal from the public (whether self imposed or not) makes me extremely skiddish. Wouldn't a non-guilty person go on with his/her life, business as usual? I'm not talking about social engagements, I'm talking about work related items. What about the "Roethlisberger Takes Solice In Film Room" headlines... I know... wishful thinking.

  9. #19

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I know this is me wishin' but I suppose the GBI could have significant evidence that this was a money grab. They could be pressing charges against the girl. Ok...I know lame. I'm starting to think we are really hosed.
    This, coupled with Ben's removal from the public (whether self imposed or not) makes me extremely skiddish. Wouldn't a non-guilty person go on with his/her life, business as usual? I'm not talking about social engagements, I'm talking about work related items. What about the "Roethlisberger Takes Solice In Film Room" headlines... I know... wishful thinking.
    While everyone deals with stressors differently...I would have to agree. If he knows this is a big nothing...I would think that he would go about business as usual. But, I believe Ben's absence (from FO statements about minimizing distraction) came from up top. So, I'm hoping Ben is biting at the bit to get out...but the Steelers are telling him to stay home.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,430

    Re: GBI: "Media Will Be Eating Crow"

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I know this is me wishin' but I suppose the GBI could have significant evidence that this was a money grab. They could be pressing charges against the girl. Ok...I know lame. I'm starting to think we are really hosed.
    This, coupled with Ben's removal from the public (whether self imposed or not) makes me extremely skiddish. Wouldn't a non-guilty person go on with his/her life, business as usual? I'm not talking about social engagements, I'm talking about work related items. What about the "Roethlisberger Takes Solice In Film Room" headlines... I know... wishful thinking.
    Ben is laying low and not attending OTAs (It was reported he was doing so at the request of the organization) so he doesn't draw a media circus to the rest of the organization. Hell, a few were already camping out before hand is case he showed up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •