Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben investigation nearly complete

Pro Bowler

Re: Ben investigation nearly complete

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    This part is interesting.

Asked whether investigators have encountered any difficulties in their probe, Mr. Bankhead replied, "No, other than with the media.

"There are a lot of people out there reporting things and repeating things that just are not true. They'll be eating crow later. It may taste delicious like Thanksgiving turkey now, but later on, when the facts come out, it'll taste like eating crow."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10092/10 ... z0jwk1vy8O
    Just think if they come out when the investigating is done, and totally make this chick look like a money grabbing hoochie. Would be hillarious if they came out and said Ben did nothing wrong at all and this drunk chick was just gold diggin' and in reverse, they press charges on her for making the whole thing up or something. Probably never happen but I would laugh if it did.
    It looks like his statement is a good sign for Ben since we don't even know who the girl is and she hasn't been dragged through the mud like Ben has.

Actually, your scenario is what I've thought all along. They should charge these people who make up stories and ruin people's lives, it may help put an end to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    This part is interesting.

Asked whether investigators have encountered any difficulties in their probe, Mr. Bankhead replied, "No, other than with the media.

"There are a lot of people out there reporting things and repeating things that just are not true. They'll be eating crow later. It may taste delicious like Thanksgiving turkey now, but later on, when the facts come out, it'll taste like eating crow."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10092/10 ... z0jwk1vy8O
    I agree this might be the most telling statement yet from authorities. Lets look at this statement with three presumptions.

1) Lots of evidence...Ben looks guilty. How many reporters went out on a limb to defend Ben? Will these guys be eating crow? Did they present a huge problem to investigators? This scenerio makes zero sense.

2) Some evidence...not really clear one way or the other...maybe enough to prosecute. Well when the facts come out...no one would be eating crow. It still could go either way. Again, makes no sense.

3) Lack of evidence...or even evidence that Ben was being victimized. This makes the most sense considering the public lashing Ben has received. Alot of reporters would be eating crow and looking very foolish.

Guys...this might be the best news I have read.

Legend

Does the media ever eat crow? If they do it's usually on page 14 in a 7 pt. font.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Does the media ever eat crow? If they do it's usually on page 14 in a 7 pt. font.
    no they never eat crow. they dont care what the outcome is. its better headlines if he is guilty but as long as they get to sell their faulty journalism and throw dirt on ben's name then they have accomplished their goal. i doubt ben will be brought up on any charges but it doesnt matter. his rep will always be damaged now

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

If it gets really bad, they will write some sort of editorial justifying their actions. And since they are writers or speakers, it will sound plausible except for those who are cynical/skeptical of the media.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.