Thread: Steelers to play Giants in new stadium -- preseason schedule

Starter

User Info Menu

Steelers to play Giants in new stadium -- preseason schedule

The Steelers will not help open the new pro football stadium in New York but they will be the first opponent for a New York Giants "home" game.

A game in the new Giants-Jets stadium that has yet to be named highlights the Steelers' exhibition schedule announced today by the NFL.

The Steelers will open the preseason at home against Detroit, play their second game at the New York Giants, play their third on Aug. 29 at 8 p.m. at Denver and finish with a home game against Carolina, likely on Sept. 2.

Specific dates and times for the three games other than the one in Denver were not announced.

The Giants and Jets will open their new stadium by playing each other in a game in which the Jets have been designated as the "home" team. The Giants were the first team to play the Steelers in Three Rivers Stadium in 1970 in an exhibition game.

This will be the Steelers' fifth trip to Denver since the 2003 season and third in the past four years. They played regular season games there in 2003, 2007 and last season and beat the Broncos in the AFC championship game in Denver after the 2005 season.

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10090/1047022-100.stm#ixzz0jnDtxZB1"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10090/10 ... z0jnDtxZB1[/url]
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers to play Giants in new stadium -- preseason schedule

A pre-season game in Denver, eh? Ryan Clark is lucky he isn't battling for a roster spot this year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

What happened to the annual preseason game with the eagles? They didn't play one during the 2009 season, either, but prior to that, the two played almost every preseason that I can remember.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Finally.......my prayers are answered. A week 4 preseason game against the Carolina Panthers. I never thought this would happen.