Thread: This legal matter with Ben should be over by now!

This legal matter with Ben should be over by now!

The one reason its not: $
    This po-dunk town is milking this for all its worth. Why else would Midgetville be in the news but for this reason.
    Media in town, ESPN all over the place and other things like this bring money into the no name town.
    Its been a month, stop dragging this out. Charge him or let it be.
    Everything I have read seems they have very little...so why else would they be holding onto this case.
    Ben pay them their money after the cival cases have been put forth and lets end this!

Legend

Re: This legal matter with Ben should be over by now!

I think it is more a matter of the local police and prosector being scared to death to drop the case because of the criticism they will get for giving "the rich celebrity" a pass. This is dragging out because they are hoping to get something so they can at least go forward with a misdemenor charge to save their butts and image in the eyes of the locals especially the University. Remember, Georgia State College is probably the biggest employer in that town and the local officials will want to give impression that they take their role seriously in protecting the little ho's, I mean students, who Georgia's mamas and papas send there.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend

I would have paid the hush money by now regardless of guilt. when it's your second time around and newspapers and media sites are desperate for coverage the stories will keep rolling out. I'd much rather have stories about "how much he paid and now that this is over how will he recover" then if he did it or not.

It's only been about a month though hasn't it?

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I would have paid the hush money by now regardless of guilt. when it's your second time around and newspapers and media sites are desperate for coverage the stories will keep rolling out. I'd much rather have stories about "how much he paid and now that this is over how will he recover" then if he did it or not.

It's only been about a month though hasn't it?
    Yep, March 4th.