Thread: Holmes Case Closed?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Holmes Case Closed?

I am confused. Is he being sued or not?

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/30/holmes-case-closed-after-police-report-released/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -released/[/url]

Holmes case closed after police report released
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 30, 2010 2:16 PM ET
    PFT has received a copy of the incident report from the Orlando Police Department related to Santonio Holmes' alleged battery on March 7.

The police say the case is now closed due to the victim's declination to prosecute Holmes at the time of the incident.

One aspect of the report stands out. After Holmes and the woman now suing Holmes in a civil case told their stories to the police, the woman asked to speak to Holmes alone.

"She then asked this officer if she could speak to Holmes alone. I said yes and Holmes agreed to speak with her. They then walked several feet away from me and had a conversation. This officer observed Mills smiling and rubbing Holmes face just moments after walking off together. Five minutes later the two returned and Mills advised this officer that they had resolved the matter and that she did not wish to press charges or get Holmes into any trouble. Mills had a small abrasion that was less than 1/4' over her right eye. She refused medical attention. Mills wrote a sworn written statement in which she declined to prosecute."
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Holmes Case Closed?

What is there to be confused about? It appears it was nothing more than a "lovers quarrel" with something being thrown at the other, at least that's my best guess. Sooooo it seems to be a disgruntled gf that is now "making nice" and not pressing charges.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mills had a small abrasion that was less than 1/4' over her right eye.

Hopefully, that's a typo, and the writer meant 1/4", not 1/4'.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    What is there to be confused about? It appears it was nothing more than a "lovers quarrel" with something being thrown at the other, at least that's my best guess. Sooooo it seems to be a disgruntled gf that is now "making nice" and not pressing charges.

After Holmes and the woman now suing Holmes in a civil case told their stories to the police.
    That part. If the case is closed....why does it say she is suing him? Is this article talking about a criminal charge? but now she is suing him in a civil suit? That is what is going on?
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

Quarter inch, three inches, to-may-to, to-mah-to.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The criminal case is closed.

The civil suit is not closed.

Starter

User Info Menu

I still want to know why she wouldn't be going after the Orlando PD since they intimidated her into not filing a report?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    The criminal case is closed.

The civil suit is not closed.

Okay Thank you.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    I still want to know why she wouldn't be going after the Orlando PD since they intimidated her into not filing a report?
    very good point. if that were true that would be a major lawsuit. that is a much bigger deal than the supposed "assault". this woman really has dough to shell out for a GOOD lawyer? this doesnt make any sense to me as to why she would try to sue a guy who can get the best lawyer money can buy. the whole story sounds pretty fake

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

Quarter inch, three inches, to-may-to, to-mah-to.
    220... 221, whatever it takes.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...