Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big doubts about Ben: Support for Roethlisberger is wavering

Re: Big doubts about Ben: Support for Roethlisberger is wavering

Were is it etched in stone that Ben and the girl were in the bathroom? It's hearsay.
    Hearsay? Really? With multiple people saying at the very least that they were in the bathroom?
    By this standard, you have NO BUSINESS ripping the woman in Vegas like you do. The witnesses ripping her who all have an interest in taking Ben's side, in support of the hotel.

It is ALL hearsay. Heck I tend to believe the woman in Vegas is very questionable based on reports too. I certainly "hope" she is lying. But to then say the bathroom deal is hearsay but you "know" women are lying based on far less is ridiculous.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Were is it etched in stone that Ben and the girl were in the bathroom? It's hearsay.
    Hearsay? Really? With multiple people saying at the very least that they were in the bathroom?
    By this standard, you have NO BUSINESS ripping the woman in Vegas like you do. The witnesses ripping her who all have an interest in taking Ben's side, in support of the hotel.

It is ALL hearsay. Heck I tend to believe the woman in Vegas is very questionable based on reports too. I certainly "hope" she is lying. But to then say the bathroom deal is hearsay but you "know" women are lying based on far less is ridiculous.
    yes, this is concrete evidence that they were in the bathroom together.

Sometime after that, a woman informed Duncan that she thought her friend might be in the restroom with Roethlisberger, but a member of the athlete’s party would not allow her to get back into the area, the ESPN report states.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    So Steelers fans would rather side with a jilted one night stand with mental problems and a lying, drunken co-ed than with the QB who had been convicted of NOTHING and has brought more to Steeler Nation since another QB named Terry who was also run out of town.

Imagine how much worse it would have been for Bradshaw, O'Donnell and Stewart had the internet been in full bloom like it is now.
    They aren't siding with the chick.. they are just tired of having to choose sides twice in a year.

I think all the QB's you mentioned felt as though the media was in full bloom when they were at their lowest. Bradshaw admitted he was at fault for holding onto the baggage after felling like he was run out of town.

O'Donnell can eat a d### because he never came back to town.
    Tired of having to chose sides because two less than credible females appear to have targeted Ben for their BS? Just how is it Ben's fault exactly? And please, don't give me, the Ben shouldn't be in bars garbage either.
    he can go to bars but why does he have to have "contact" with a 20 year old chick who is wasted and he doesnt know? is that smart if you had 100 million dollars that isnt a shure thing? if i had a contract worth that much money i wouldnt take stupid risks. but then again i always wore a helmet when i rode a crotch rocket
    and that's what YOU chose to do, it doesn't mean others can live their lives the way they wish.
    yeah that is what i chose to do because i am an intelligent person. i wish i could say the same for ben. if he was a little smarter he wouldnt get in these situations. that was my point

yeah that is what i chose to do because i am an intelligent person. i wish i could say the same for ben. if he was a little smarter he wouldnt get in these situations. that was my point
    I would suggest you contact his people and offer your services as a personal life consultant then. Because I'm sure every decision you make is the right one. And I'm sure you never made a decision that, even though you thought things through, backfired on you.

Ben is a single man. Expecting him to live the life of a monk is ridiculous and completely unrealistic.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    I would suggest you contact his people and offer your services as a personal life consultant then. Because I'm sure every decision you make is the right one. And I'm sure you never made a decision that, even though you thought things through, backfired on you.

Ben is a single man. Expecting him to live the life of a monk is ridiculous and completely unrealistic.
    Maybe Ben should live as a priest, because we know they do no wrong.

Legend

Is Ocho a monk? Rhomo? Peyton Manning? Drew Brees?

No one said Ben has to live in a bubble... he has had a few quiet off seasons. It's not that hard..

Offering bitches shots at a college bar that is 18 and up is a stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

Is Ocho a monk? Rhomo? Peyton Manning? Drew Brees?

No one said Ben has to live in a bubble... he has had a few quiet off seasons. It's not that hard..

Offering bitches shots at a college bar that is 18 and up is a stupid idea.
    Why why why must you always post as if you were there and know exactly what happened?

Legend

Cruzer8 why do you keep responding to my post like my opinions are so convincing that a judge or jury might get the impression I was there and it will put Benin prison?

The constant reminders of "not being Ben" ..."not being there"... "not being a coach" are obvious facts. OK, we get it. Someone ask the question "why would fans feel different about Ben?

I stated why I and some fans I know feel the way they do... you keep getting mad at everyone but the guy who made a few decisions that put him in another position to be judged.

Hall of Famer

living the life of a monk is extreme. he can go to bars but why must he try and get involved with young girls who are STRANGERS to him? would you call that smart? at least i have never been sued or accused of sexual assault. this is ben's second accusation so he must be doing something that he needs to change. everyone makes bad decisions but you learn from them. has been learned from his mistakes? i dont think so

Hall of Famer

would it be fair to say that it is rare for an NFL player to be accused of sexual assault? off the top of my head i cant think of too many players that have been in ben's situation. i know bettis was accused ONCE. other than that i cant think of any. i cant think of any qb's that have been in this situation. my point is a lot of people think this is the norm. it really isnt