Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big doubts about Ben: Support for Roethlisberger is wavering

Re: Big doubts about Ben: Support for Roethlisberger is wavering

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Even if the girl is totally about a money grab...Ben isn't a victim here. He must own his behavior. I don't see how anyone can condone anyone let alone a famous qb going into a public restroom with an intoxicated chick to have relations. We are looking at three potentially illegal acts even while assuming he never physically/sexually assaulted her.

-did he give this underaged girl alcohol?
    -public indecency
    -was she sober enough to give consent?

Anyway you slice this up Ben handled his business poorly. If he continues doing this nonsense he will lose alot more than his rep. He must mature, he must date in his league and he needs to be on guard at all times. It's time to put childish things away.
    Well, at least you didn't limit it to the Steelers, or the even AFCN. Still that's a pretty severe punishment for someone who hasn't even been charged. NTTAWWT.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    So Steelers fans would rather side with a jilted one night stand with mental problems and a lying, drunken co-ed than with the QB who had been convicted of NOTHING and has brought more to Steeler Nation since another QB named Terry who was also run out of town.

Imagine how much worse it would have been for Bradshaw, O'Donnell and Stewart had the internet been in full bloom like it is now.
    Oh please, if it werent for the internet nobody would know two women were accusing Ben of sexual assault? Yeah, right, think again. Mike Tyson was accused around when NOD and KS were playing. Stop excusing Bens stupidity with lame arguments.

Who in that entire lengthy article said they believe the women over Ben? People are frustrated because Ben keeps putting himself in these situations. We dont know WHO is lying.

The ONLY PERSON IN THIS ENTIRE THREAD WHO thinks he knows what happened is YOU. You have taken the side that you WANT to be truth and state it as fact.

Ben needs to wise up and act like a wealthy adult, not some stupid hormone driven college kid.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    So Steelers fans would rather side with a jilted one night stand with mental problems and a lying, drunken co-ed than with the QB who had been convicted of NOTHING and has brought more to Steeler Nation since another QB named Terry who was also run out of town.

Imagine how much worse it would have been for Bradshaw, O'Donnell and Stewart had the internet been in full bloom like it is now.
    They aren't siding with the chick.. they are just tired of having to choose sides twice in a year.

I think all the QB's you mentioned felt as though the media was in full bloom when they were at their lowest. Bradshaw admitted he was at fault for holding onto the baggage after felling like he was run out of town.

O'Donnell can eat a d### because he never came back to town.
    Tired of having to chose sides because two less than credible females appear to have targeted Ben for their BS? Just how is it Ben's fault exactly? And please, don't give me, the Ben shouldn't be in bars garbage either.
    JAR, I have to disagree here, I believe it is Ben's fault he's in this situation.

Who are we to blame? The girl? His bodyguards? The nightclub? The bartender? Who went into the bathroom with a 20 year old coed? There has to be culpability for this somewhere. We know there was sexual contact. We're not sure what kind. We're certain that Ben was there alone with the girl. That makes it difficult for me to find blame anywhere but with Ben, regardless, of the outcome.

I don't care what Ben does for fun, but trolling for coeds seems like a bad idea to me for a man of means and stature in life due to his wealth. That's just me though.

Just to play Devil's advocate a bit. If it is so hard not to get put in these situations why aren't other players being accused of sexual assault twice in one year?

Pappy
    Pappy, "We know there was sexual contact"

Where was that ever said? Ben said he had "contact" with her, which could have been as something simple as hi.

Were is it etched in stone that Ben and the girl were in the bathroom? It's hearsay.

OK, here's a reverse devil's advocate for you. The nut in NV was jilted, she wanted Ben for more than just a one nighter, he didn't. A year later, Ben snubs here, BAM, lawsuit over nothing.

Then a less than credible girl two is in a bar, drunk, she comes from a fine upstanding family (they think they are anyway) she falls down, hits her head, has to go to the hospital. But just how is she going to tell mommy and daddy that their do no wrong little girl was drunk out of her skull and in a bar? Hmmmm, let's see, QB Ben who already accused once was there, just maybe, I can accuse him of assault too and this time they'll believe it.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming

Oh please, if it werent for the internet nobody would know two women were accusing Ben of sexual assault? Yeah, right, think again. Mike Tyson was accused around when NOD and KS were playing. Stop excusing Bens stupidity with lame arguments.

Who in that entire lengthy article said they believe the women over Ben? People are frustrated because Ben keeps putting himself in these situations. We dont know WHO is lying.

The ONLY PERSON IN THIS ENTIRE THREAD WHO thinks he knows what happened is YOU. You have taken the side that you WANT to be truth and state it as fact.

Ben needs to wise up and act like a wealthy adult, not some stupid hormone driven college kid.
    You haven't been reading this board or other have you? Read this guys blog and some of the replies. Sickening.

http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

They aren't siding with the chick.. they are just tired of having to choose sides twice in a year.

I think all the QB's you mentioned felt as though the media was in full bloom when they were at their lowest. Bradshaw admitted he was at fault for holding onto the baggage after felling like he was run out of town.

Tired of having to chose sides because two less than credible females appear to have targeted Ben for their BS? Just how is it Ben's fault exactly? And please, don't give me, the Ben shouldn't be in bars garbage either.
    he can go to bars but why does he have to have "contact" with a 20 year old chick who is wasted and he doesnt know? is that smart if you had 100 million dollars that isnt a shure thing? if i had a contract worth that much money i wouldnt take stupid risks. but then again i always wore a helmet when i rode a crotch rocket
    and that's what YOU chose to do, it doesn't mean others can live their lives the way they wish.

Pro Bowler

JAR, I have to disagree here, I believe it is Ben's fault he's in this situation.

Who are we to blame? The girl? His bodyguards? The nightclub? The bartender? Who went into the bathroom with a 20 year old coed? There has to be culpability for this somewhere. We know there was sexual contact. We're not sure what kind. We're certain that Ben was there alone with the girl. That makes it difficult for me to find blame anywhere but with Ben, regardless, of the outcome.

I don't care what Ben does for fun, but trolling for coeds seems like a bad idea to me for a man of means and stature in life due to his wealth. That's just me though.

Just to play Devil's advocate a bit. If it is so hard not to get put in these situations why aren't other players being accused of sexual assault twice in one year?

Pappy
    There have been several celebrities accused of and never charged with sexual assault. Bill Cosby for one.

Sometimes, when it rains it pours.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming

You haven't been reading this board or other have you? Read this guys blog and some of the replies. Sickening.

http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/
    I can find a blog full of responses, with ANY POV on any topic. Big whoop.

Your response was to a specific article, full of opinions and interviews where NOBODY says they believe the women. They just arent "sure" one way or the other.

This board?
    I would say less than one in 50 comments ON THIS TOPIC expresses confidence that the women are telling the truth. Even when people say something "doesn't look good" they are usually saying it makes them nervous that it "might" mean something.

My issue is that most like you who seem to "know" he didnt do it, and that you "know" the women are lying, read far more into those of us who are angry because Ben could have easily avoided this, ESPECIALLY THE SECOND TIME.

We are "uneasy" not because we believe the women, but because we dont know who to believe and are uneasy with the thought that our favorite QB "might" have done what he is accussed of doing.

We can talk all we want about possible motives of the women, which do make sense. But this does not mean he didnt do it either.

Blindly defending Ben, when we dont really know the man is just as irresponsible as those who say "he must have done it".

We simply do not know.

Guilty of assault or not, Ben is "guilty" of being stupid for putting himself in a position to be accused TWICE.

That is why so many of his fans are so frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Even if the girl is totally about a money grab...Ben isn't a victim here. He must own his behavior. I don't see how anyone can condone anyone let alone a famous qb going into a public restroom with an intoxicated chick to have relations. We are looking at three potentially illegal acts even while assuming he never physically/sexually assaulted her.

-did he give this underaged girl alcohol?
    -public indecency
    -was she sober enough to give consent?

Anyway you slice this up Ben handled his business poorly. If he continues doing this nonsense he will lose alot more than his rep. He must mature, he must date in his league and he needs to be on guard at all times. It's time to put childish things away.
    Well, at least you didn't limit it to the Steelers, or the even AFCN. Still that's a pretty severe punishment for someone who hasn't even been charged. NTTAWWT.
    I always thought Ben and Tom Brady would be a cute couple.

Pro Bowler

[quote=Captain Lemming][quote=JAR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming":24zz9v6y][quote=JAR]So Steelers fans would rather side with a jilted one night stand with mental problems and a lying, drunken co-ed than with the QB who had been convicted of NOTHING and has brought more to Steeler Nation since another QB named Terry who was also run out of town.

Imagine how much worse it would have been for Bradshaw, O'Donnell and Stewart had the internet been in full bloom like it is now.[/quote]

Ben needs to wise up and act like a wealthy adult, not some stupid hormone driven college kid.[/quote]

[url="http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/
    http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/[/url]
    I can find a blog full of responses, with ANY POV on any topic. Big whoop.

Your response was to a specific article, full of opinions and interviews where NOBODY says they believe the women. They just arent "sure" one way or the other.

This board?
    I would say less than one in 50 comments ON THIS TOPIC expresses confidence that the women are telling the truth. Even when people say something "doesn't look good" they are usually saying it makes them nervous that it "might" mean something.

My issue is that most like you who seem to "know" he didnt do it, and that you "know" the women are lying, read far more into those of us who are angry because Ben could have easily avoided this, ESPECIALLY THE SECOND TIME.

We are "uneasy" not because we believe the women, but because we dont know who to believe and are uneasy with the thought that our favorite QB "might" have done what he is accussed of doing.

We can talk all we want about possible motives of the women, which do make sense. But this does not mean he didnt do it either.

Blindly defending Ben, when we dont really know the man is just as irresponsible as those who say "he must have done it".

We simply do not know.

Guilty of assault or not, Ben is "guilty" of being stupid for putting himself in a position to be accused TWICE.

That is why so many of his fans are so frustrated.[/quote:24zz9v6y]

I am defending Ben like this because he is the victim of needless rumors being spread. Just yesterday, I received the Arnold Palmer puts Ben in his place email again. people just read, believe and share this garbage without ever taking 1 second to find out if it's credible, which of course, that email wasn't.

Everyone is screaming that Ben admitted to "sexual" contact with the girl in GA, no he did not, he admitted to "contact" which could have been a hi, how are you.

The owner of the blog I linked to stated that he thought Ben was probably on drugs.

There are several, Ben did this bad thing or Ben did that bad thing all over the internet.

Ben is taking on a huge character assassination, just like all Steelers QBs do for what ever reason. Steelers fans should be giving their QB the benefit of the doubt, especially considering the circumstances of the first accusation and quit dragging the guy through the mud over possibly doing nothing other than hanging in a bar with his friends.

Look at the latest accusation about Santonio, the girls was nuts.

Pappy
    Pappy, "We know there was sexual contact"

Where was that ever said? Ben said he had "contact" with her, which could have been as something simple as hi.

Were is it etched in stone that Ben and the girl were in the bathroom? It's hearsay.

OK, here's a reverse devil's advocate for you. The nut in NV was jilted, she wanted Ben for more than just a one nighter, he didn't. A year later, Ben snubs here, BAM, lawsuit over nothing.

Then a less than credible girl two is in a bar, drunk, she comes from a fine upstanding family (they think they are anyway) she falls down, hits her head, has to go to the hospital. But just how is she going to tell mommy and daddy that their do no wrong little girl was drunk out of her skull and in a bar? Hmmmm, let's see, QB Ben who already accused once was there, just maybe, I can accuse him of assault too and this time they'll believe it.
    I have heard that theory but I don't buy it. I also don't think this is about money if she comes from money. It could be...but it's less likely. I think she was out of her mind drunk...did something she regretted...Ben maybe said something ignorant and off to the races. I also find it interesting that she has been less than cooperative after she sobered up. Drunk chicks=emotional chicks. And something happened that she overreacted to while drunk. After sobering up she probably realized it was blown out of proportion. After sobering up she probably also realized the incident would paint her in a poor light.