Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a sinking feeling about the 18th pick.

Starter

User Info Menu

Got a sinking feeling about the 18th pick.

Why, because i have been doing some thinking about what we already know of team Tomlin/Colbert regarding the Draft.

Think about it,...nearly every year they almost literally "broadcast" whom they actually like via supposed "leaks", Tomlin's comments and or off the record comments to media team Cheerleaders like Bouchette.

And then after they stand fast at whatever our respective draft position is and watch every one of their guys whom would actually improve the team go off of the board,....they then disregard whatever impact blue chip talent that is available and reach for the most "Mom n Pop special" player whom will likely never be an elite player at league level.

And with that said,....when MCclain, Haden, Weatherspoon, Wilson, Thomas, and Spiller are all off of the board when the 18th pick rolls around,....i feel as though team "chucklehead" will select Iupati, Pouncey or Trent Williams.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Got a sinking feeling about the 18th pick.

I have a sinking feeling we are going to lose the first game of the season.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Why, because i have been doing some thinking about what we already know of team Tomlin/Colbert regarding the Draft.

Think about it,...nearly every year they almost literally "broadcast" whom they actually like via supposed "leaks", Tomlin's comments and or off the record comments to media team Cheerleaders like Bouchette.

And then after they stand fast at whatever our respective draft position is and watch every one of their guys whom would actually improve the team go off of the board,....they then disregard whatever impact blue chip talent that is available and reach for the most "Mom n Pop special" player whom will likely never be an elite player at league level.

And with that said,....when MCclain, Haden, Weatherspoon, Wilson, Thomas, and Spiller are all off of the board when the 18th pick rolls around,....i feel as though team "chucklehead" will select Iupati, Pouncey or Trent Williams.
    that was only the case with revis. if guys like mcclain, haden, weatherspoon, spiller etc. are off the board before #18 maybe it's because they are the best players in this years draft? that is very possible. imo you have no reason to worry about the FIRST round pick. when was the last bust in the first round? no timmons doesnt count he wasnt even a top ten pick and he isnt a BAD player. the later rounds we should be worried about but not #18. I am with you on Iupati though. i really do not want him, i would rather trade down then draft him

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

that was only the case with revis. if guys like mcclain, haden, weatherspoon, spiller etc. are off the board before #18 maybe it's because they are the best players in this years draft? that is very possible. imo you have no reason to worry about the FIRST round pick. when was the last bust in the first round? no timmons doesnt count he wasnt even a top ten pick and he isnt a BAD player. the later rounds we should be worried about but not #18. I am with you on Iupati though. i really do not want him, i would rather trade down then draft him
    Gotta disagree here Frank. The entire football world knew that they were enamored with Mack, Wood and liked Hood Last season. And it's the same case this year regarding Iupati, Thomas, MCclain, Haden, Weatherspoon and more recently Wilson. As well as the fact that they would not surprise anyone by making Spiller the pick due to Colbert's new found erratic behavior on Draft weekends. (ie: First round Rb's, lb's, 3-4 DE's and trading up for punters)

But as you said,.. we do agree that Iupati should not be the pick 18. He's not BAD either per se,..but there will be better players on the board at 18 whom could actually come in and improve the team. (As opossed to just simply creating average or merely solid "depth")
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

I think there is a reasonable possibility of an elite talent not by the name of Iupati dropping to us. I think other teams would have to be a fool not to know who we are interested in. I actually think it's more important to keep your yap shut about your dark horses that you can find later in the draft.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

McClain, Hayden, Thomas, and Spiller will likely be gone.

Weatherspoon and Wilson. I think they'll still be there.

I have no idea why you don't want Trent Williams. He had a poor year last year because he struggled with some injuries. Williams is almost as athletic as the kid from Maryland or Okung. He is also a much better run blocker than either of them. He's been starting since he was a Freshman and has been very durable. He'd be a very good pick and could play at either tackle or guard. A good offensive line coach could make him into a very effective rookie.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Revis and Timmons, Mack and Wood, the Steelers basically broadcasted to the rest of the league.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gotta disagree here Frank. The entire football world knew that they were enamored with Mack, Wood and liked Hood Last season. And it's the same case this year regarding Iupati, Thomas, MCclain, Haden, Weatherspoon and more recently Wilson. As well as the fact that they would not surprise anyone by making Spiller the pick due to Colbert's new found erratic behavior on Draft weekends. (ie: First round Rb's, lb's, 3-4 DE's and trading up for punters)

But as you said,.. we do agree that Iupati should not be the pick 18. He's not BAD either per se,..but there will be better players on the board at 18 whom could actually come in and improve the team. (As opossed to just simply creating average or merely solid "depth")
    the entire football world knows the steelers philosphy and anyone can see the positions of need on the steelers. wood and mack? im happy we got ziggy. we need young defensive lineman just as bad as a center or guard. hood will be a very good player. is there a problem with picking rb's in the first round? you cant argue that mendy was a good pick. all of the guys are top rated players in their positions of course they are going to go before the steelers pick. the steelers usually pick near the bottom of the league. unless you trade up you wont get guys like revis, weatherspoon, etc.. do you really think the jets traded up to get revis JUST because the steelers wanted him? the jets aren't even in the same division. everyone knew revis was a great cb. every team needs great cb's.

i hope we do draft spiller. he or weatherspoon i would be ecstatic with. you cant go wrong with either pick. rb isnt a need but we would probably have the best 1 2 combo at rb for many years to come.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whoever is picked it will be wrong as far as 50%+ of this board is concerned and they will believe they would would had made a better pick if only the Steelers would hire people as qualified as those who post on this board.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

the entire football world knows the steelers philosphy and anyone can see the positions of need on the steelers. wood and mack? im happy we got ziggy. we need young defensive lineman just as bad as a center or guard. hood will be a very good player. is there a problem with picking rb's in the first round? you cant argue that mendy was a good pick. all of the guys are top rated players in their positions of course they are going to go before the steelers pick. the steelers usually pick near the bottom of the league. unless you trade up you wont get guys like revis, weatherspoon, etc.. do you really think the jets traded up to get revis JUST because the steelers wanted him? the jets aren't even in the same division. everyone knew revis was a great cb. every team needs great cb's.

i hope we do draft spiller. he or weatherspoon i would be ecstatic with. you cant go wrong with either pick. rb isnt a need but we would probably have the best 1 2 combo at rb for many years to come.
    Spiller or Weatherspoon would be perfectly fine with me. Odrick, Thomas or Wilson would also be OK.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"