Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Ben Were to Be Traded, Where/Why?

Legend

User Info Menu

If Ben Were to Be Traded, Where/Why?

1. Buffalo - To F up the AFC East so that no one is likely to get a wildcard and this gives us a better chance to make the playoffs.

2. Houston - To F up the AFC South and I wonder if they'd throw Schaub into the deal? He's a Pittsburgh kid and should have his best football ahead of him.

3. Raiders - Al Davis would give us 5 #1 picks or something ridiculous casue he's senile.

4. Rams - We could get Suh and screw Ben over at the same time.

5. Jets - They seems to want to win and they could send us Sanchez.

6. Atlanta - They could send us Ryan in the swap and it would be funny to send Ben to GA.

7. GreenBay - Would they swap Aaron Rodgers?

8. San Diego - Would they swap Rivers?

9. Philly - They took Vick. Maybe they could take Ben off our hands too.

I don't want to trade Ben. But I'm not 100% convinced the Steelers don't trade him. If they don't trade him, they essentially don't uphold to the Steelers standard they claim to have.

If we want to be a model organization with no tolerance for this crap, why have guys like Ben or James Harrison on the team?

Seems hypocritical.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: If Ben Were to Be Traded, Where/Why?

To Indy straight up for Peyton Manning as a science experiment.

Then we can really see if Peyton could win behind our offensive line and if Ben could win with Indy's team.

Plus, despitehis choking, Peyton would remove Arians from playcalling.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Arizona-They need a QB. Whisenhunt and Roethlisberger love each other. Arizona would be the perfect (not exactly a football hot bed) city for him to lay low. Cardinals first rounders this year and next (conditional to him staying clean) would do the trick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mort is reporting that the Rams are not one of the "feelers" teams that contacted the Steelers.

Also

@NFLDraftBible

WHOAH! Steelers "actively" calling teams in the top-10 to trade Big Ben. One team reportedly contemplating taking him. Per Adam Schefter.
    Not sure if that's accurate because Schefter didn't say that on his twitter account, but it's out there...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Mort is reporting that the Rams are not one of the "feelers" teams that contacted the Steelers.

Also

@NFLDraftBible

WHOAH! Steelers "actively" calling teams in the top-10 to trade Big Ben. One team reportedly contemplating taking him. Per Adam Schefter.
    Not sure if that's accurate because Schefter didn't say that on his twitter account, but it's out there...
    I bet it's the Redskins. Shanny/Snyder had no idea Ben was available so they're sending us McNabb and their #1 this year and next. And McNabb will convince Rooney to sign TO too. Haha.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    To Indy straight up for Peyton Manning as a science experiment.

Then we can really see if Peyton could win behind our offensive line and if Ben could win with Indy's team.

Plus, despitehis choking, Peyton would remove Arians from playcalling.
    Or to NE. Same idea with Brady.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would bet the team would be the Raiders because they only have Jamarcus Russell who sucks already, but showed up at 290 pounds. And, Bruce Gradkowski just tore his pectoral muscle this past weekend benching. They already have a somewhat decent defense and some decent targets and running game.....just need a real QB to be a real NFL team again.......
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    I would bet the team would be the Raiders because they only have Jamarcus Russell who sucks already, but showed up at 290 pounds. And, Bruce Gradkowski just tore his pectoral muscle this past weekend benching. They already have a somewhat decent defense and some decent targets and running game.....just need a real QB to be a real NFL team again.......
    Agreed, it is either the Raiders or the Bills. Teams with solid starters won't make a deal for Ben. The Raiders and Bills have been losing for so long. I am sure they would make a deal for Ben. I just hope the Steelers get a couple of number 1's out of it. Don't give Ben away.

This feels like the wheels are in motion for a deal to be made.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Agreed, it is either the Raiders or the Bills. Teams with solid starters won't make a deal for Ben. The Raiders and Bills have been losing for so long. I am sure they would make a deal for Ben. I just hope the Steelers get a couple of number 1's out of it. Don't give Ben away.

This feels like the wheels are in motion for a deal to be made.
    Yeah....kind of depressing. I have heard the Bills offered up their first this year, and an first and third next year. Obviously no link for that.....
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    3. Raiders - Al Davis would give us 5 #1 picks or something ridiculous casue he's senile.
    Al Davis wants to know what Ben's 40 time is...