Top 5 at #18:
1) Joe Haden, Cornerback, Florida.
2) Rolando McClain, Inside Linebacker, Alabama.
3) Earl Thomas, Defensive back, Texas.
4) Trent Williams, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma.
5) C.J. Spiller, Running Back, Clemson.
1) Mike Iupati, Guard, Idaho.
2) Brandon Graham, Outside Linebacker, Michigan.
3) Maurkice Pouncey, Center/Guard, Florida.
-From everything that I've been reading, I get the feeling that the Steelers will be trading up in the 2nd round, ala 2004 for Colclough. Steelers are making moves to win now (the return of Randle El and Foote, retaining Hampton, Clark, and Reed). ..impact ready players (Special teams, quality backups) oppose to quantity here. Trading up in the first round is also very possible. I just don't see the Steelers sitting idle in this draft. Gonna be lots of maneuvering (due to not making the playoffs, combined with Ben's offseason distraction).
-What about drafting Colt McCoy and reuniting him with Sweed? Kills two birds with one stone. A backup QB. And a talented WR with his head back in the game. Just a thought.
-Donovan Warren will be the steal of the draft if he goes around the middle of the 3rd and later.
Washington trades #4 to Cleveland for #7, #87, #92.
San Francisco trades #13 to New England for #22, #53.
1. St. Louis – Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2. Detroit – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma
3. Tampa Bay – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
4. Cleveland f/was. – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
5. Kansas City – Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
6. Seattle – Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
7. Washington f/clev. – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
8. Oakland – Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
9. Buffalo – Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
10. Jacksonville – Joe Haden, CB, Florida
11. Denver – Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
12. Miami – Jason Pierre Paul, DE, USF
13. New England f/SF. – Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
14. Seattle – Taylor Mays, S, USC
15. New York Giants – Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
16. Tennessee – Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
17. San Francisco – CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
18. Pittsburgh – Earl Thomas, DB, Texas
19. Atlanta – Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
20. Houston – Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
21. Cincinnati – Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
22. San Francisco f/NE. – Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
23. Green Bay – Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
24. Philadelphia – Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
25. Baltimore – Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
26. Arizona – Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
27. Dallas – Charles Brown, OT, USC
28. San Diego – Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
29. New York Jets – Brian Price, DT, UCLA
30. Minnesota – Maurkice Pouncey, OC/G, Florida
31. Indianapolis – Rodger Staffold, OL, Indiana
32. New Orleans – Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida