Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well at 18 I now want this more than ever...

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Well at 18 I now want this more than ever...

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Why not Tate? With what Santonio "is" and Hines' age...it is only a matter of time before this team needs a receiver. We could be looking at Dermonti Dawson and Hines Ward with these two.
    because tate wont be nearly as good as holmes will be or is now. if holmes is found guilty then we will need to replace him, but not with golden tate. i wouldnt call this a great draft for wr's but there are better wr's in this years draft than tate.
    Not to suggest that El is equal in ability to Holmes- but he is sufficient. I do not think the team should change their draft strategy this season - just to account for Holmes being gone.

You've got El and Battle, and hopefully Sweed can get his act together...

Hines has this season, and maybe one more.

Wallace could possibly develop into a true #1 receiver.

Wallace, Sweed (fingers crossed) El- Battle and whatever mid/late round pick groomed for 3-5 spots in the years to come.

I'm all for the High Character guy though- irrespective of the position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Why not Tate? With what Santonio "is" and Hines' age...it is only a matter of time before this team needs a receiver. We could be looking at Dermonti Dawson and Hines Ward with these two.
    because tate wont be nearly as good as holmes will be or is now. if holmes is found guilty then we will need to replace him, but not with golden tate. i wouldnt call this a great draft for wr's but there are better wr's in this years draft than tate.
    Not to suggest that El is equal in ability to Holmes- but he is sufficient. I do not think the team should change their draft strategy this season - just to account for Holmes being gone.

Wallace, Sweed (fingers crossed) El- Battle and whatever mid/late round pick groomed for 3-5 spots in the years to come.

i think ARE is still a solid wr. and i definetly think wallace has the potential to be a great #1 wr. i dont like battle a whole lot and as much as i would love to see sweed improve to a good wr but i dont think it will happen.

i agree though no way we should change their draft strategy either. no need to push the panic button yet. no pick would be worse at #18 than a wr.

Legend

User Info Menu

ARE at his best can't hold a candle to Holmes. The drop off betwen those two are night and day.

If we need to hope for any luck it is that sweed gets his act together and performs up to his abilities. If we do that we will have the best WR group in the NFL. Sweed is the key.

I really think we will see Hines hit a wall this season. You have to be very concerned when a WR has recurring hamstring problems.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

ARE at his best can't hold a candle to Holmes. The drop off betwen those two are night and day.

If we need to hope for any luck it is that sweed gets his act together and performs up to his abilities. If we do that we will have the best WR group in the NFL. Sweed is the key.

I really think we will see Hines hit a wall this season. You have to be very concerned when a WR has recurring hamstring problems.
    I do agree with you that El is never going to draw double coverage, like Holmes can. Therefore, Wallace will get more attention.

I also agree - Hines is almost done. I do think 2011 (if they play) is his last.

I also agree with you- the KEY to all of this - is Sweed. If he does develop- then the team is fine. If he does not- they have a pretty BIG hole.

Legend

User Info Menu

asking someone to depend on Sweed is like asking a drunk chick to depend on Ben to get her home safely.... or asking Holmes to watch your weed stash

I'm sorry but that is funny to me.

I have no faith in Sweed and any positives he brings to the table would be seen as a blessing. I will treat Sweed like I treated our 4th quarter leads last year...

I had no faith and I didn't lose a year off my life from the frustration when the D failed us late in games.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    ...a high character football player. One who is not only good on the football field but one who is also a fine example off of it. Talent is great but if you have character issues...I dont want anything to do with you.
    Roethlisberger was a model citizen at Miami. There are no guarantees.
    A model citizen? Did you go to school with him?
    Reportedly.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

guess Tebow is our only choice then.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    guess Tebow is our only choice then.
    Have you seen Tebow's girlfriend? Clearly he has had impure thoughts looking at that chick which makes him human and flawed. I don't see how he can look at her without asking for forgiveness...

Tebow's character is at such a high level he is bound to fall short.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Have you seen Tebow's girlfriend?

Now they have.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Have you seen Tebow's girlfriend?

Now they have.
    That is nice.. real nice. Is this guy really waiting until marriage?