Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well at 18 I now want this more than ever...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well at 18 I now want this more than ever...

...a high character football player. One who is not only good on the football field but one who is also a fine example off of it. Talent is great but if you have character issues...I dont want anything to do with you.

So Jared Odrick, Taylor Mays, Kyle Wilson, Sean Waetherspoon, Maurkrice Pouncey, Golden Tate, etc., look at lot more attractive to me today.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Well at 18 I now want this more than ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    ...a high character football player. One who is not only good on the football field but one who is also a fine example off of it. Talent is great but if you have character issues...I dont want anything to do with you.

So Jared Odrick, Taylor Mays, Kyle Wilson, Sean Waetherspoon, Maurkrice Pouncey, Golden Tate, etc., look at lot more attractive to me today.
    Any of the names you mention would be good picks at #18 except for Pouncey and Tate.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why not Tate? With what Santonio "is" and Hines' age...it is only a matter of time before this team needs a receiver. We could be looking at Dermonti Dawson and Hines Ward with these two.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I gotta say I'm not all that worried about it. The FO normally does a good job. Santonio seems to like the cheeba, which is a bigger deal to some than others. Other than that we've gotten good guys.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't pay all to much attention to PSU football while I was there, but I'm pretty sure Odrick doesn't have a squeaky clean past.

I very well could be mistaken though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger was a model citizen at Miami. There are no guarantees.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    I didn't pay all to much attention to PSU football while I was there, but I'm pretty sure Odrick doesn't have a squeaky clean past.

I very well could be mistaken though.
    He got in a fight last year. I wouldn't have wanted to be the dudes (4) that were ticking him off

Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick has been cited for disorderly conduct after he allegedly fought with three Penn State students and another man in the early morning hours of Feb. 28.

Odrick was charged March 11 after police said he punched one of the individuals outside an apartment building in State College. The police citation indicated that alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the incident.

Police were notified about the altercation after the alleged victims looked up Odrick's picture on Penn State's football Web site. Odrick, 21, was the only person cited in the incident, which took place at 1:40 a.m. He was fined $430.
    [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3994231[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I'm going to make a general assumption here-

As the starting QB at Miami of Ohio- I am sure Ben had his share of crazy sexual adventures. I would also assume that they were likely all "offered" and mutual.

Ben does not strike me as a "predator" so much as an "opportunist". That, combined with his poor judgment, seemingly boorish behavior, and very BIG wallet make for the situations he has found himself in, now.

The difference between now and then- Ben likely didn't have quite so many "opportunities", he certainly didn't have the money, and also- his behavior was probably more accepted as a "drunk college kid" than as an adult- and $100mil franchise QB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    A model citizen? Did you go to school with him?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why not Tate? With what Santonio "is" and Hines' age...it is only a matter of time before this team needs a receiver. We could be looking at Dermonti Dawson and Hines Ward with these two.
    because tate wont be nearly as good as holmes will be or is now. if holmes is found guilty then we will need to replace him, but not with golden tate. i wouldnt call this a great draft for wr's but there are better wr's in this years draft than tate.