Thread: Terrell Owens Still Available

Legend

User Info Menu

Terrell Owens Still Available

TO may be annoying, but he can play ball and he's never had issues off the field.

He may improve the Steelers image.

He could be a cheap 1 year insurance policy for Santonio that could outperform Randle El and Battle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Terrell Owens Still Available

How about Holmes and our 5th rounder for Brandon Marshall?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    I don't see Denver taking that deal. Many consider Marshall to be the best receiver in the game right now. If we got that deal I'd be with joy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not too bad an idea at this point. TO could seriously open up the run game for us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Considering Marshall's history, would we be trading one headache for another?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    yes.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

and upgrading our offense.

if we're gonna have a headache anyway, why not get the better player?

but tone is a phenom in the playoffs. so would you rather have that or a guy that has to be doubled and is still a threat to catch 20+ balls a game?

if you get marshall, you'd probably see us throw more to take advantage of his talent.

but why would the broncos want another headache?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    and upgrading our offense.

if we're gonna have a headache anyway, why not get the better player?

but tone is a phenom in the playoffs. so would you rather have that or a guy that has to be doubled and is still a threat to catch 20+ balls a game?

if you get marshall, you'd probably see us throw more to take advantage of his talent.

but why would the broncos want another headache?
    I think McDaniel would like to keep Marshall. Problem is Marshall doesn't want to be there and doesn't particularly like McDaniel who has an abrasive style.

It is probably a terrible idea and we'd have to give up a little more to get it done, but, for some reason, I like it.

Legend

User Info Menu

TO was terrible last year. On skills alone, I'm not interested.

I also can't see TO's ego fitting in with this group. A clash of ego with TO, Ward and Ben has the makings of a disaster. While I enjoyed watching TO single-handedly tear apart the eagles when he was in Philadelphia, I'd hate to see him do that to the Steelers.

Too much headache, too little talent at this point. No thanks.