Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: WTF??!? Santonio sued for Assault, FWP not interested

F Willie Parker
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Saw this in the comments at the end of the holmes article...pretty funny stuff! Other comments liken us to the Bengals and Raiders. Couple references to the 'Holier than thou' attitude.

"Instead of black home and white away Pittsburgh jerseys, they just need to do black and white stripes for both home and away."
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    As I said in another thread. Until there is a real charge we have nothing to talk about.

Exactly. I also think it's funny that people aren't labeling this is a "cash grab" as well. Supposedly the chick agreed not to file a police report and now she is? really? It's just a bunch of bs were people figure the Steelers are in some turmoil so they might as well jump on the wagon and see what they can drudge up.
    she grabbed his arm to protect herself...

Steeler's and VIP rooms do not mix well.

Exactly. If I'm a steeler I stay out of them entirely for a while. Put the bible thumper Tim Tebow in a steeler uniform right now, toss him in a VIP and he'll come out with an assault charge. If you ask me everyone on the team is a target right now. Women are immediately cast under a "blanket of innocence" because they are the "weaker sex" both of which are total bs. The "weaker sex" knows exactly what kind of leverage it has and uses it regularly, ESPECIALLY when mutli-million dollar contracts are involved. It's getting old and frankly I'm tired of reading all "we need high character guy" "steeler type player" threads. A select few act like we have a couple of OJ Simpson's on our team. It's amusing.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    mods can we move the Holmes stuff to All things NFL?

I kid...

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I think I liked it better when the only worries were Jeff Reed kicking the crap out of a toilet some where

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

I wouldn't release or trade Holmes, but it would certainly make it less likely that the Steelers are going to want to put up the big money that would be needed to sign him to a contract extension this summer. Holmes is an excellent receiver when he wants to be, but problem receivers are expendable (see Burress, P.) and problem franchise QB's are not. The Steelers need to use their cash to sign Woodley this summer.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

another accusation. Sigh.......

Starter

User Info Menu

How come the Orlando Police aren't part of the suit? They "intimidated" her into not filing charges, right? So you'd think she'd be going after them too, right?