Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTF??!? Santonio sued for Assault, FWP not interested

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: WTF??!? Santonio sued for Assault, FWP not interested

I'm just curious...why are so many fans willing to cut or trade Holmes? While we had a select few willing to do so with Ben the greatest majority want to keep Ben. Is it a position issue? Is it a talent issue? I'm just trying to pin this down.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I guess WR is back in the mix at #18. Hines will be retiring and you have to wonder if the organization is really going to want to retain the services of Mr. Holmes given his predisposition towards burning vegetation and other issues.
    I think you are correct but with the talent that should be available at 18 I don't see it happening. Dez White could be more of a problem than Holmes. Tate while good isn't 18 worthy. It really depends on how the Steelers see this. If they have had enough...and will trade or cut Holmes then I see us grabbing a talent in rounds 2-4...little better value in those rounds.

But, let me say for the record. Unless the Steelers don't want to be competitive next season they must keep Holmes. Ward is on his last leg. I'm not sure he makes it through next season. You want Wallace as your #1 and ARE as your #2? Wow that would be a nightmare.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As I said in another thread. Until there is a real charge we have nothing to talk about.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I'm just curious...why are so many fans willing to cut or trade Holmes? While we had a select few willing to do so with Ben the greatest majority want to keep Ben. Is it a position issue? Is it a talent issue? I'm just trying to pin this down.
    IF Ben is guilty, I want him gone. I don't care about what it does to the team. Assaulting a drunk woman is inexcusable especially for the leader of your team.

IF Santonio is guilty, that is despicable and he's had enough 2nd chances as well.

I wish these would both be resolved soon. But, the circus will drag on and on.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    IF Ben is guilty, I want him gone. I don't care about what it does to the team. Assaulting a drunk woman is inexcusable especially for the leader of your team.

IF Santonio is guilty, that is despicable and he's had enough 2nd chances as well.

IF those things are indeed proven then I would want the same thing. That said, I have no credible reason to think that they are indeed true. For that reason I hope Ben and Santonio light up the skies this year and get probowl berths on their way to another SB victory.

Legend

User Info Menu

Uggh.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you really believe this woman's story? I mean the cops wouldn't make an arrest...that tells me I can't take this woman's story at face value. Not to mention throwing a drink in a woman's face is one thing...rape is another.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think you are miss-reading the popular opinion.

I do not believe any Steelers fan wants to "cut or trade" Ben. Unless,of course, he is found guilty.

I do think we are all disgusted by his behavior, and feel he should be punished by the team- even if found innocent, or no charges are filed.

I do also think that many fans feel like it might be highly questionable as to whether or not Ben ever grows up. And it is this lingering concern that might make some feel that the team may be best off by capitalizing upon his trade value now- rather than wait to see what they are left with - after the next "offense".

In respect to Santonio Holme's situation- he has now been involved in multiple legal Domestic issues (3 I believe) and at least one Drug related issue.

Let's assume the team has done some investigating- and found that this event did occur. (Based upon the released story- it should be fairly easy to determine if it did or did not happen.) Holmes is going to be suspended. How long is the only real question.
    So, in this situation- should the team get whatever they can for him now- or wait for the almost certain next event.

Lastly Shawn, and unfortunately, I think it is also probable that many fans afford Ben a bit more leniency. A solid #2 border #1 receiver is much more easily replaced than a top 5 franchise QB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i feel the same way. if either are found guilty i think they should be gone. if i didnt mind poor values and felons i would be a bungles fan or ravens. i dont think ben will be found guilty and very well may never even go to court. not sure how holmes case will play out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do you really believe this woman's story? I mean the cops wouldn't make an arrest...that tells me I can't take this woman's story at face value. Not to mention throwing a drink in a woman's face is one thing...rape is another.
    Cops didn't arrest Ben either. I'm not sure that makes anyone innocent or guilty.

Also, like Ben, Santonio has been accused of assaulting (though not sexaully) a woman before.

I'm not cutting either one of them any slack at this point. I need more facts before I judge them, BUT I'm disappointed for the Steelers and if they are guilty, they should go.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.