Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got a sinking feeling about the 18th pick.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Got a sinking feeling about the 18th pick.

I am already for the Pouncey man to come to Pittsburgh. I think he will be a pro bowl center in a couple of years. I also expect everyone to bitch about drafting him.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Whoever is picked it will be wrong as far as 50%+ of this board is concerned and they will believe they would would had made a better pick if only the Steelers would hire people as qualified as those who post on this board.
    [youtubejjwae7s]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qw9oX-kZ_9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qw9oX-kZ_9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtubejjwae7s]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    And with that said,....when MCclain, Haden, Weatherspoon, Wilson, Thomas, and Spiller are all off of the board when the 18th pick rolls around,....i feel as though team "chucklehead" will select Iupati, Pouncey or Trent Williams.
    If it's Pouncey, I'm not gonna be down on the pick (I guess I will be for a minute, as it's not a "sexy" pick).

Because Pouncey fills a real need that I perceive (intelligence on our O-line. I also like the idea of trying to rekindle our Center lineage!

I still want an interior rusher (Brian Price), a Corner with ball skills before... but I could easily co-sign on Pouncey.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One thing you can take to the bank ...

Whomever the Steeler pick they will be "plain as a bowl of grits" type player.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I had Williams...Hampton signed...I switched to Spoon.
    I had Spoon...Foote signed...I switched to Thomas.
    I had Thomas...And found out they already fell in love with their guy.

They will try to trade back but still take him if they can't. One possible trade partner in the Eagles to move up for Spoon/McClain if one is still on the board to get ahead of the Falcons. The Eagles have (2) 3rds and it will cost them the later 3rd. Not my favortie pick...But understand the pick. Great story surrounding him and he sounds like a Pittsburgh kind of guy. It will be the type of pick the Steelers need to make after this offseason. More of a project than I like at #18 so hopefully they can move back some. Fills a need as well. The card already has his name on it. I'm surprised there won't be a parade for his visit. And to think all the time I wasted doing my mocks.

Mike Iupati

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    One thing you can take to the bank ...

Whomever the Steeler pick they will be "plain as a bowl of grits" type player.
    ...and there will be a vocal majority who will decry the pick because based on professional knowledge gained from the "Lazy Boys of ultimate knowledge in their living rooms" and their detailed internal knowledge of the Steelers players it will be the wrong player for the wrong reasons and not the player they would pick. Colbert will be an idiot who can't assess talent. Tomlin will be incompetent and above his head. Arians will be a buffoon who any former high school "star" could do better than. LeBeau will be a legend and a saint who is just a victim and gets a bad deal in terms of players and the offense not doing enough to make his job easy.

You will also have an obnoxious minority who will hate the pick whoever it is because they aren't happy unless they hate something or someone and can't string three sentences together in any post where they don't remind us what their prejudices are and who they don't like.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Actually I do think other teams are influenced by the Steelers. When you're consistently a contender and doing things right, that's what happens. Same with the Patriots. As soon as it's announced they are looking at someone, the annual losing GM's go running.

Nowhere did I read that the Browns wanted Mack that high last year. They kept talking about how they wanted him with their early 2nd.

And would Buffalo have taken Wood that high as well?
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII