Thread: OK..............

Pro Bowler

OK..............

bombard this guys blog....

To be negative towards Ben is one thing, but this guy who also made Ben is doing drugs accusations, is really going too far. His comments to other comments are uncalled for.

TWO WEEKS AND STILL NO STATEMENT FROM BEN–WHY?

Ben Roehtlisberger has been seriously lawyered up since he was accused of sexual assault more than two weeks ago. So, why hasn’t Roethlisberger spoken to the police or the public since he talked briefly to the cops on the night of the alleged incident? Here’s an excellent analysis from Mike Florio, the attorney who created and runs profootballtalk.com.

#
    mfbinc
    in March 26th, 2010 @ 22:03

staying silent and putting together a nice win streak in the upcoming season is the ultimate goal of team roethlisberger….it will make all steeler fans forget about his off field antics…
    #
    Bobzilla
    in March 27th, 2010 @ 01:30

“Team Roethlisberger”? “A nce win streak in the upcoming season”? “Off-field antics”? Apparently mfbinc hasn’t been paying attention. While you probably just want to close your eyes and hope it all goes away, Your Boy Ben is in SERIOUS trouble… And HE knows it. It’s a shame you don’t get it!!!

JohnSteigerwald
    in March 27th, 2010 @ 07:09

I think he’s already lost at least half the Steeler Nation and I really think that, if the Rooneys could figure out a way to get rid of him without losing millions of dollars they would do it today.

http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/two-we ... om-ben-why

Pro Bowler

Re: OK..............

DO THEY NEED BEN’S DNA?

The big story last night and today has been that authorities in Georgia no longer want Ben Roethlisberger’s DNA. That has created some speculation about the strength of the accuser’s case.

But DNA is only important when there is some dispute about whether any sexual activity took place.

If Monica Lewinsky hadn’t preserved that stain on her blue dress, she would have been painted as a stalker by Bill Clinton’s protectors and Clinton would have gotten away with having the majority of the country feeling sorry for him.

The DNA on that dress made Bill Clinton a liar and created some PR issues for him.

The difference here is that, as Andy Sheehan of KDKA-TV reported last week. Roethlisberger admitted that there was sexual contact between him and the accuser.

This is still likely to come down to a he said she said and I’m no lawyer, but I wouldn’t think that Ben should be looking at this as good news anymore than he should be lookig at it as bad news.

I do know you’re having a bad month when the best news you get is that the cops don’t want your DNA.

According to Sheehan’s report, Roethlisberger didn’t deny having sexual contact with the accuser. He said after their encounte she “slipped” and that’s how she suffered the facial injuries.

The main point of all of this is that, whether Roethlisberger is charged or not, he’s going to come out of it with a personal reputation that is in the toilet. And probably deservedly so.

#
    Rob M
    in March 24th, 2010 @ 15:39

From the reports I read, they said no dna sample was required because when the rape kit was administered, no dna sample was collected. This could be good news for him if he is saying the extent of the sexual assault was grabbing her ass and she says it was forced intercourse, that would be the only way I’m thinking this would be a positive for him. But I agree, not a good month if that is the best news you receive.

JohnSteigerwald
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 11:25

He said from the beginning there was no intercourse and he admitted to sexual contact.

John
    in March 27th, 2010 @ 08:30

No he didn’t, he admitted to CONTACT. Not sexual.

And in this regard, the KDKA Investigators have learned that Roethlisberger told both police and others in his party that he did not have sexual intercourse with the young woman.

Sources say Roethlisberger concedes that he did have contact with the woman that was not consummated and that afterward the woman slipped and fell, injuring her head.

#
    Bobby
    in March 24th, 2010 @ 17:10

Looks like you’re going to lose John, the case is crap, just like anyone with a brain knew from the beginning. It’s time to find someone else to hate.

http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisbe ... 87357.html

JohnSteigerwald
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 11:24

I said Ben is a bad guy. No matter the outcome of this case, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. The undisputed details of this story–legal issues aside–convict him of being a bad guy in my book. Put your number 7 jersey on an live it up .

#
    PittMan
    in March 24th, 2010 @ 17:58

Now according to Andy Sheehan, the prosecution’s case is crumbling. Seems like the girl won’t submit to questioning by investigators.

http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisbe ... 87357.html

This is going to be over soon, whether people believe in Ben’s innocence or not. He’s going to be out from underneath this mess, but he will still have to face the music in the public relations department. It would be a good time for him to straighten his act out. And I mean some real soul searching and some major changes in the way he conducts himself. Humble pie Ben. It better be on your daily menu.
    #
    Bobzilla
    in March 24th, 2010 @ 18:00

John, next Monday the Steelers begin OTAs. Isn’t this the time of year when Roethlisberger comes to town, shuns the local media, says he’s here to focus only on football and refuses to answer any questions about his personal life … at least until ESPN has a chance to do an in-depth “sit-down” interview with him at which time he spills his guts?

JohnSteigerwald
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 11:22

Sounds about right.

#
    Rob H.
    in March 24th, 2010 @ 19:00

According to profootballtalk.com the woman refused to be re-interview by the police. Looks like Ben made a generous donation.
    #
    Elaine Mast
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 09:16

The Trib reported this morning that her blood alcohol level was .2 so it is very likely that she slipped! Heck, she probably had trouble walking period! That doesn’t excuse Ben’s actions, but it does make her less credible.

JohnSteigerwald
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 11:19

Maybe Ben saw that 2.0 as an opportunity. You OK with that?

#
    chad
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 10:23

So basically you are obsessed with Roethlisberger, more so than his biggest fans. He deserves his reputation to be in toilet? Based on what? Two accusations that, one of which he is already innocent of in most people’s eye. So your saying that if it turns out that Ben is completely innocent in this case, he still deserves to have a reputation of a bad guy.

Hate to say it but you have a reputation for being a horrible journalist. How many jobs have you lost? Face the facts that you have a personal vendetta set against the best quarterback the Pittsburgh Steelers have ever had, probably because he hates your guts and wouldn’t and won’t give you the time of day for an interview.

JohnSteigerwald
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 11:21

Sigh. I was never fired in 33 years. Let’s get that out of the way. Ben never snubbed me for any interview because I never asked him for one. His reputation was close to being in the toilet BEFORE this most recent incident because of the mountain of stories about his mistreatment of people since he showed up in 2004.

o
    chad
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 12:09

Mistreatment? What because he turned down autographs? I’ve met him more than once he was cool as hell. Guess he just doesn’t like grown ass men asking for pictures and autographs. Fact is your a hater and a moron. And for you to say that the Rooney’s should cut him is retarded.
    +
    JohnSteigerwald
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 13:40

I’ve said here many times, I have no sympathy for adult autograph seekers. None. This all started with me saying I wasn’t surprised to hear the news out of Georgia because of all the unsolicited questions I’ve received from people who asked “Why is Ben Roethlisberger such an______” I also heard some first hand stories myself. That’s not to say that he’s been mean to every person he’s met since he became a Steeler. I stand by what I said. Based on everything I know about the guy, in my opinion, he’s a bad citizen. How do you think Dan Rooney feels about a guy he paid $27 million to last year showing up on TMZ? Think he likes seeing Steelers quarterback and sexual assault in the same sentence splashed all over TV, newspapers, radio, and the internet. How about twice? Think he likes the idea that Ben was riding his motorcycle again AFTER THE ACCIDENT without a helmet?
    #
    chad
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 16:15

What exactly has Ben done to make him a bad citizen? lmao insane
    JohnSteigerwald
    in March 25th, 2010 @ 18:36

Serial rudeness for starters.