Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodell's slippery Roethlisberger slope

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Goodell's slippery Roethlisberger slope

I have no idea about these "transgressions"...you have some video so I can make a proper judgement?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I have no idea about these "transgressions"...you have some video so I can make a proper judgement?
    Skip Bayless will rip TO or Ocho for their facial expression after a loss... but when Patino was in trouble over the cheating and abortion he was very "hands off"

I can't say either has directly said a black woman should be punished without being charged.. besides Marion Jones who has even been charged with a crime?

My point is ESPN has less than stellar reporters who say and write "shock pieces" to get clicks. I lump Jemele in with these 2 and she sits across from Skip a lot on first take. It's tabloid not in-depth reporting.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Skip Bayless will rip TO or Ocho for their facial expression after a loss... but when Patino was in trouble over the cheating and abortion he was very "hands off"

I can't say either has directly said a black woman should be punished without being charged.. besides Marion Jones who has even been charged with a crime?

My point is ESPN has less than stellar reporters who say and write "shock pieces" to get clicks. I lump Jemele in with these 2 and she sits across from Skip a lot on first take. It's tabloid not in-depth reporting.
    I get ya...so they ride the fence a bit...saying enough to pizz people off but not enough to get em fired. I'm not calling for Jemele's head or anything just pointing out the double standard she set up in her own piece.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I get ya...so they ride the fence a bit...saying enough to pizz people off but not enough to get em fired. I'm not calling for Jemele's head or anything just pointing out the double standard she set up in her own piece.
    I don't even think they believe half of what they write about.. they are like Extra or Inside Edition... they keep flipping the story to keep it hot for us.

It works too.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't even think they believe half of what they write about.. they are like Extra or Inside Edition... they keep flipping the story to keep it hot for us.

It works too.
    its so true and its because most people are not smart enough or too lazy to think for themselves. imo we give the media too much power. if people didnt believe everything they heard then it would be a different story.