Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodell's slippery Roethlisberger slope

Re: Goodell's slippery Roethlisberger slope

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    this writer is stupid for lumping ben in with vick and ms. pacman. pacman had prior's and vick was killing dogs at his house. kind of different than being "accused" of sexual assault by a woman that was hammered but yet under the legal drinking age. ben wasnt even charged with anything from sexual assault accusation #1. goodell must be a racist. that is the only explanation. what if goodell suspended ben right now and this investigation clears ben which very well could happen. he would look pretty stupid then.
    I'm not sure he was necessarily comparing those three guys. I think his main point is public perception is very important. And Goodell needs to make an effort to talk to Ben to avoid any sort of talk about favoring white players.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    this writer is stupid for lumping ben in with vick and ms. pacman. pacman had prior's and vick was killing dogs at his house. kind of different than being "accused" of sexual assault by a woman that was hammered but yet under the legal drinking age. ben wasnt even charged with anything from sexual assault accusation #1. goodell must be a racist. that is the only explanation. what if goodell suspended ben right now and this investigation clears ben which very well could happen. he would look pretty stupid then.
    I'm not sure he was necessarily comparing those three guys. I think his main point is public perception is very important. And Goodell needs to make an effort to talk to Ben to avoid any sort of talk about favoring white players.
    to me i thought the writer was comparing ben to pacman and vick. i do think its odd that goodell hasnt talked to ben but would that really satisfy this writer? just a talk? who really cares about that. she brings up the fact that goodell reacted so quick with pacman's suspension but it wasnt his first time he was arrestted. it's funny i never even thought of race or prejudice with goodell handeling the three different players. so if ben isnt suspended goodell is a racist?

to me i thought the writer was comparing ben to pacman and vick. i do think its odd that goodell hasnt talked to ben but would that really satisfy this writer? just a talk? who really cares about that. she brings up the fact that goodell reacted so quick with pacman's suspension but it wasnt his first time he was arrestted. it's funny i never even thought of race or prejudice with goodell handeling the three different players. so if ben isnt suspended goodell is a racist?
    I think the writer went out of his way to say they were not the same situation but public perception is everything. Even with the differences why risk perceptions of white favoritism? Bring him in for a talk. I didn't see the writer suggest a suspension for Ben and I'm not sure accusations without a charge warrant a suspension...at least not by Goodell. That should be taken care of in house.
    2014 NFL Draft

There is no slippery slope. This article is garbage. If she honestly can' see the diference between this case AT THIS POINT IN TIME and Vick and pacman , she is either not very bright or racist herself.The weak minded love to play the race card.

I think the writer went out of his way to say they were not the same situation but public perception is everything. Even with the differences why risk perceptions of white favoritism? Bring him in for a talk. I didn't see the writer suggest a suspension for Ben and I'm not sure accusations without a charge warrant a suspension...at least not by Goodell. That should be taken care of in house.
    Read the whole article ,she did suggest he should be suspended.

I love this statement - "perception that white NFL stars under criminal investigation are treated differently and will receive more benefit of the doubt than their black counterparts". - That perception only exists with race mongers like herself.

She is obviously not much of a journalist....if she was she would have known that Goodell did not suspend Vick until after he pled guilty of the charges against him...as a matter of fact Goodell actually intervened on Vick's behalf when teh owner of the Falcons wanted to suspend Vick right away and Goodell stepped in to keep him form doing that...so, yeah she didn't her homework.

Quote Originally Posted by rodisgod

I love this statement - "perception that white NFL stars under criminal investigation are treated differently and will receive more benefit of the doubt than their black counterparts". - That perception only exists with race mongers like herself.
    Yeah I missed that line. That is about ignorant. And after reading that article again I think her article had the opposite effect that was intended. I didn't know alot about the Vick situation...didn't much care. Knowing what I know now...reading her article...the obvious oversights in her research...it makes it look like she is the one with a racial issue not Goodell. Has Goodell ever suspended a player based on an accusation without a charge? If not she is suggesting the white player should be treated differently...more harshly than the black players. Disturbing.
    2014 NFL Draft

Legend

Yeah I missed that line. That is about ignorant. And after reading that article again I think her article had the opposite effect that was intended. I didn't know alot about the Vick situation...didn't much care. Knowing what I know now...reading her article...the obvious oversights in her research...it makes it look like she is the one with a racial issue not Goodell. Has Goodell ever suspended a player based on an accusation without a charge? If not she is suggesting the white player should be treated differently...more harshly than the black players. Disturbing.

She is a female Jason Whitlock. It's not disturbing though IMO... it's just an opinion piece. Plenty of females think Ben's name in the news over the same allegations is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

She is a female Jason Whitlock. It's not disturbing though IMO... it's just an opinion piece. Plenty of females think Ben's name in the news over the same allegations is disturbing.
    While I see your point I guess I must apply the same standard to her that she applied to Goodell. She is ripping Goodell for not seeing Ben right away...when he didn't with the black players. She is also saying Ben should be suspended regardless of guilt, charges etc. I might be wrong but I can't remember a black player being suspended for an allegation that wasn't charged. If that is the case her article only made her look like the person seeking unequal treatment. Considering she is a black woman...some might think it's because she is black and/or a woman. With her emphasis on public perception (which I agree with btw) I would think she would be more mindful of her public persona. Can you imagine a white male reporter asking for a black female athlete to be treated more harshly than her white colleagues? He would be looking for a new job.
    2014 NFL Draft

Legend

While I see your point I guess I must apply the same standard to her that she applied to Goodell. She is ripping Goodell for not seeing Ben right away...when he didn't with the black players. She is also saying Ben should be suspended regardless of guilt, charges etc. I might be wrong but I can't remember a black player being suspended for an allegation that wasn't charged. If that is the case her article only made her look like the person seeking unequal treatment. Considering she is a black woman...some might think it's because she is black and/or a woman. With her emphasis on public perception (which I agree with btw) I would think she would be more mindful of her public persona. Can you imagine a white male reporter asking for a black female athlete to be treated more harshly than her white colleagues? He would be looking for a new job.

I think the "white male looking for a new job" is bogus when you look at ESPN and their transgressions. LOL!!!