Thread: Odrick invited to 2010 NFL Draft in New York?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Odrick invited to 2010 NFL Draft in New York?

NFL | Eight prospects confirmed to be at draft
    Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:23:36 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports University of Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh, University of Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy and OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma State OT Russell Okung, Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan, University of Tennessee DT Dan Williams and S Eric Berry as well as Penn State DT Jared Odrick will be present for the first day of the 2010 NFL Draft, according to sources.

Read more: [url="http://www.kffl.com/player/22498/nfl#ixzz0jEuDuxc5"]http://www.kffl.com/player/22498/nfl#ixzz0jEuDuxc5[/url]
    OK, if Jared Odrick is a mid to late first round pick on most mock drafts, why is he one of the eight invited to Day One of the Draft? Do they know something that most mock drafts don't know? Is his value much higher than most think?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Odrick invited to 2010 NFL Draft in New York?

I heard that they are inviting up to 18 players to the draft this year (including some players with 2nd round grades who can hang around until Friday evening), since it is now a prime time spectacle. They aren't keeping them in a single holding room anymore (they can leave to go and mingle with their family and friends. Several players haven't RSVP'ed yet (notice no offensive skill players on that preliminary list).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

PRO DAYS

i would hate to see Odrick play for the Cheatriots -

DE Odrick to visit with Saints, Jets and Broncos

Posted: March 24th, 2010

Penn State DE Jared Odrick, widely considered a first-round prospect, has already met with the Falcons, Browns and Broncos.

Odrick now has visits scheduled next month with the Saints (April 12), Jets (April 5, 6) and Cowboys (date to be determined).

NFL.com’s Pat Kirwan and Bucky Brooks each have Odrick going 22nd to the Patriots in their latest mock drafts, while NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock ranks him fourth among all defensive ends.

– Gil Brandt
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

For the Patriots, I'm thinking maybe Brandon Graham in round 1, then something like Jahvid Best, Tim Tebow (yeah, that's right), and Rob Gronkowski in the second.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    For the Patriots, I'm thinking maybe Brandon Graham in round 1, then something like Jahvid Best, Tim Tebow (yeah, that's right), and Rob Gronkowski in the second.

i watched the Senior Bowl and Brandon Graham was the best player on the field. he may be the best pass rusher in the draft and the best way to defend the pass is to put pressure on the QB. Graham could contribute as a situational pass rusher his rookie year and eventually replace James Harrison who is turning 32 in May.

if the Patriots are considering Graham at #22 and think he is good value there, do you think we would ever consider Graham at #18?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel

Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports University of Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh, University of Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy and OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma State OT Russell Okung, Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan, University of Tennessee DT Dan Williams and S Eric Berry as well as Penn State DT Jared Odrick will be present for the first day of the 2010 NFL Draft, according to sources.

Read more: [url="http://www.kffl.com/player/22498/nfl#ixzz0jEuDuxc5"]http://www.kffl.com/player/22498/nfl#ixzz0jEuDuxc5[/url]
    OK, if Jared Odrick is a mid to late first round pick on most mock drafts, why is he one of the eight invited to Day One of the Draft? Do they know something that most mock drafts don't know? Is his value much higher than most think?
    Tebow is going to be there and he's not supposed to be selected until sometime in the 3rd round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel

They want players there expected to go on all three days...at least that's what I heard on NFLN. They allow the players to leave the green room though, so they don't have to sit there the whole time with the cameras on them. Supposedly that started with Goodell pulling Quinn out of the green room after he continued to drop.