Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

He goes to a celebrity/charity golf tournament and is accused of raping a woman who after the alleged incident bragged repeatedly through emails about being with Ben. She never goes to the police to file criminal charges and waits for over a year since the alleged incident and then files a civil suit for financial gain. This same woman later lied about her current psychiatric counseling, claiming it was needed because of depression brought on by what she alleges Ben did to her. This is not so. In fact it was unrelated to any alleged interaction with Ben. It was from…get this…a bizarre relationship she had with a married man. This man’s wife created a phony e-mail account, posing as a soldier in Iraq, apparently in the hopes of gaining information about McNulty's relationship with the married man. A former coworker of McNulty's claims that McNulty "fell in love" with the fictitious soldier, and that McNulty began telling people they were engaged. The wife of the married man stopped the correspondence, and McNulty then began telling people the fictitious soldier was killed in action.

Then Ben goes out with friends to celebrate his 28th birthday. He is single man, not married who actually shows some responsibility and takes necessary precautions to guard against any problems by hiring body guards, two of which are off duty police officers. While at a club he is then accused of sexual assault by a young woman. This same young woman presented an I.D. that was fake, that lied about her age so she can enter a over 21 club illegally. While at the club she drinks so much that she registers a 0.20 alcohol level when authorities administered the test to her after her allegations. She was 10 times over the legal limit for drivers younger than 21. This incident occurred at a club where there were over a 100 people at and not one witness has come forward to validate this woman’s claim. This woman then now is no longer cooperating with investigates in this matter and failed to show up for a scheduled second interview last week.

So Again…I ask..what is it that Ben has actually done wrong?

I say Roger Goodell should go you know what himself.

There is a article on yahoosports that headlines “Roethlisberger threatens Steeler credibility”. I think there is no credibility in a league/sport that attacks and stains a man’s character over the lies of one unstable woman and another who was so intoxicated that she could hardly stand. And both of these women lied through their teeth.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

I thought it was an 18 and over club but toe drink you needed a wristband. Where did you get the info that she had a fake ID and blew a .20? I've never read any of that.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I thought it was an 18 and over club but toe drink you needed a wristband. Where did you get the info that she had a fake ID and blew a .20? I've never read any of that.

"She presented the ID, but the security saw that it clearly was a fake birth date," said Cansino, a former county prosecutor. "Because she never got the chance to drink, security confiscated it and didn't turn her over for other charges."

According to Cansino, authorities told him the woman's blood alcohol level was above 0.20 percent — more than 10 times the legal limit for drivers younger than 21 in Georgia and more than twice the limit for older motorists.

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673293.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 73293.html[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

You're right, DD...

Through all of this, Ben has been the picture of wise decision-making, and the model of upstanding behavior. He has represented his team as a franchise quarterback should.

And any of the b-----s who don't agree can just line up and take his shots.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

"She presented the ID, but the security saw that it clearly was a fake birth date," said Cansino, a former county prosecutor. "Because she never got the chance to drink, security confiscated it and didn't turn her over for other charges."

According to Cansino, authorities told him the woman's blood alcohol level was above 0.20 percent — more than 10 times the legal limit for drivers younger than 21 in Georgia and more than twice the limit for older motorists.

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673293.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 73293.html[/url]
    Thanks ... I had never seen that before.

Now, as far as what Ben has done wrong. The answer to date is legally NOTHING. Unfortunately in the court of public opinion legality counts for squat. It is all about PERCEPTION. Go to any other teams site and bring up Ben and I garuantee you the response you will get from some is RAPIST. That's the same thing when people talk about Ray Lewis on this site somebody invariably calls him a murderer. Well legally he is not a murderer but the perception the public has is the opposite.

The difference between Ben and Ray is that Lewis learned from his one brush with the law and he now stays home and doesn't go clubbing. He smartened up. Ben on the other hand obviously hasn't.

It's not that Ben doesn't have the right to sleep with any girl he wants to. He does have that right. But he has to realize that he is a public figure and as such he will attract some crazies around him. If he keeps going out and hooking up with women an hour after meeting them the odds favor that one or several of them will be one of the crazies and it will not turn out well. It's happened to him twice now ... probably out of hundreds of hookups and the end result is he is labeled a rapist.

So when you ask what Ben has done wrong I can honestly tell you

HE HAS LET HIS STUPIDITY FLAG FLY FOR ALL TO SEE!!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm sure that BB, like all of us, has his fair share of sins. Those are things that we all account to God for.

Now, what law has he broken? None that we know of.

It actually angres me a little that this thing has gained this much attention without so much as a formal charge.

Starter

User Info Menu

Nothing.

When he was accused in Reno people said he should have bodyguards with him and all that.

Then he did just that and was still accused.

Now people are saying he shouldn't be out at a bar. If he had a party at his place and was accused of something people would come up with some BS like he should screen the guests better or whatever.

It's called moving the goalposts and internet posters of the highest moral standing do it all the time.

Starter

User Info Menu

In my opinion, a societal verdict was delivered before actual context was established… His past, anecdotal “evidence” and irrelevant issues, i.e., the shirt he was wearing, have been used to establish deductions completely unsubstantiated by actual facts. In short, I believe that Roethlisberger’s character is sound and that he will exonerated of the non-charges not yet brought against him???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    In my opinion, a societal verdict was delivered before actual context was established… His past, anecdotal “evidence” and irrelevant issues, i.e., the shirt he was wearing, have been used to establish deductions completely unsubstantiated by actual facts. In short, I believe that Roethlisberger’s character is sound and that he will exonerated of the non-charges not yet brought against him???
    Well I was the one who brought up the shirt he was wearing that night..but not because I thought it was proof he did something wrong. I as a Christian just simply found it offensive. But I was able to take a step back and look at these actual charges and did some investigating of the facts myself and have come to understand Ben did nothing wrong and there was no evidence to say otherwise.

Getting what I said and felt about his shirt that night wrong is kind of like what you are saying about having a societal verdict. Right?

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "anger 82&95":15nx84xj
    Well I was the one who brought up the shirt he was wearing that night..but not because I thought it was proof he did something wrong. I as a Christian just simply found it offensive. But I was able to take a step back and look at these actual charges and did some investigating of the facts myself and have come to understand Ben did nothing wrong and there was no evidence to say otherwise.

Getting what I said and felt about his shirt that night wrong is kind of like what you are saying about having a societal verdict. Right?[/quote:15nx84xj]I believe that issues such as “the shirt” helped the defamation process gain momentum. And no, again in my opinion, I don’t believe you used his attire to complete a guilty profile, you simply didn’t agree with the message portrayed on his shirt. In reality, I actually thought the depiction on the shirt resembled Ming the Merciless… So, perhaps he’s only guilty of supporting alien despots.