Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

  1. #21

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    Interesting story on this case published today.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028720

    According to this, the accuser IS still co-operating.. And, it says, the GBI has made it known to Ben that they want to talk to him, but they're still waiting for him.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,206

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Also, in response to ikestops85's earlier post, I don't think it makes sense to say that Ben should have stopped "clubbing" after his first brush with these types of problems. He was staying in a hotel and banged the employee the first time. He wasn't in any type of party/club/bar scenario. Therefore, him going out for his birthday I don't find relevant.

    Just my opinion.
    E, my point wasn't he shouldn't go "clubbing" anymore (that's what Lewis did). My point was he went to a bar and in less than an hour was getting his knob polished by someone he didn't know. Is that wrong? Hell no. Is that stupid when you are a target? Abso-friggin-lutely!!

    That was my point and it also is just my opinion.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  3. #23

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Ok, Dee Dub, it's official. You are obsessing on Ben's innocence. :P

    Also I agree with SASF. Ben is not keeping himself out of position for such things to fly at him. He took some people out with him. That was a good thing. But ultimately he was willing to go into an isolation situation ... i.e. to the bathroom with this female ... and it became a he-said/she-said. In light of the McNulty case, subsequent allegation automatically gains clout because of perception.

    And no, you can't control other people, but you can sure as !%!$#%@!#$%% make it easier for their shenanigans to have effect.

    The Steelers honored him with a $100M contract. There is an unwritten "don't be a schmuck" built into that. IMO, Ben is guilty of at least a bit of schmuckery here (insofar as giving consideration to the Steelers), especially in light of the fact that it should be obvious he has $$$$$ signs on his chest and a target on his back.
    Sorry, SteelAbility, I didn't see you'd posted before I wrote my answer - just a repeat of what you said, essentially!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    My reply is, come on don't be silly. The burden on a $150MM employee is not just "don't get formally charged with anything". It is to act in a way that keeps you off the front pages and the police blotters.

    People making a lot less than him, and who don't represent the "face of a franchise" have higher expectations than just "not getting charged or arrested". It's not too much to say that Ben should accept the same standards of behavior and act accordingly.

    If it were an impossible task, well that would be one thing. But there are a lot of other high profile sports figures (Brady, etc.) who manage to live their lives without being accused or rape or sexual assault twice a year. Ben should be one of them.
    So you believe that just because Ben is the face on the Steelers franchise and he makes over a 100 million dollars that just by being at this night club he was doing something wrong?

    You do not believe that maybe these two women sought Ben out to intentionally gain financially with a bogus lawsuit?

    If you and your buddies went out to a night club and celebrated your birthday and did nothing wrong other than drink, dance, and carry-on in celebratory way, is that doing something wrong?
    he shouldnt be putting himself in bad situations. ben seems like a good guy and i dont think he is guilty but this is the second assault accusation in one year!! how many other nfl players do you know of that get accused of sexual assault this consistently? i cant think of any. its not about doing something wrong or being a shady person its about being smart and not giving low life skanks the opportunity to get a piece of your 100 million dollar contract

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Ok, Dee Dub, it's official. You are obsessing on Ben's innocence. :P
    Insert video of Terrell Owens crying saying "That's my Quarterback man".
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    My reply is, come on don't be silly. The burden on a $150MM employee is not just "don't get formally charged with anything". It is to act in a way that keeps you off the front pages and the police blotters.

    People making a lot less than him, and who don't represent the "face of a franchise" have higher expectations than just "not getting charged or arrested". It's not too much to say that Ben should accept the same standards of behavior and act accordingly.

    If it were an impossible task, well that would be one thing. But there are a lot of other high profile sports figures (Brady, etc.) who manage to live their lives without being accused or rape or sexual assault twice a year. Ben should be one of them.
    So you believe that just because Ben is the face on the Steelers franchise and he makes over a 100 million dollars that just by being at this night club he was doing something wrong?

    You do not believe that maybe these two women sought Ben out to intentionally gain financially with a bogus lawsuit?

    If you and your buddies went out to a night club and celebrated your birthday and did nothing wrong other than drink, dance, and carry-on in celebratory way, is that doing something wrong?
    he shouldnt be putting himself in bad situations. ben seems like a good guy and i dont think he is guilty but this is the second assault accusation in one year!! how many other nfl players do you know of that get accused of sexual assault this consistently? i cant think of any. its not about doing something wrong or being a shady person its about being smart and not giving low life skanks the opportunity to get a piece of your 100 million dollar contract

    Oh ok you are criticizing him for simply not being smart?? OK...cool...so again he really hasnt done anything wrong.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,149

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    [quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":3lj1e3xc
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    My reply is, come on don't be silly. The burden on a $150MM employee is not just "don't get formally charged with anything". It is to act in a way that keeps you off the front pages and the police blotters.

    People making a lot less than him, and who don't represent the "face of a franchise" have higher expectations than just "not getting charged or arrested". It's not too much to say that Ben should accept the same standards of behavior and act accordingly.

    If it were an impossible task, well that would be one thing. But there are a lot of other high profile sports figures (Brady, etc.) who manage to live their lives without being accused or rape or sexual assault twice a year. Ben should be one of them.
    So you believe that just because Ben is the face on the Steelers franchise and he makes over a 100 million dollars that just by being at this night club he was doing something wrong?

    You do not believe that maybe these two women sought Ben out to intentionally gain financially with a bogus lawsuit?

    If you and your buddies went out to a night club and celebrated your birthday and did nothing wrong other than drink, dance, and carry-on in celebratory way, is that doing something wrong?
    he shouldnt be putting himself in bad situations. ben seems like a good guy and i dont think he is guilty but this is the second assault accusation in one year!! how many other nfl players do you know of that get accused of sexual assault this consistently? i cant think of any. its not about doing something wrong or being a shady person its about being smart and not giving low life skanks the opportunity to get a piece of your 100 million dollar contract

    Oh ok you are criticizing him for simply not being smart?? OK...cool...so again he really hasnt done anything wrong. [/quote:3lj1e3xc]

    Well, the question is up in the air as to whether it's being smart or acting smart.

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,078

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Also, in response to ikestops85's earlier post, I don't think it makes sense to say that Ben should have stopped "clubbing" after his first brush with these types of problems. He was staying in a hotel and banged the employee the first time. He wasn't in any type of party/club/bar scenario. Therefore, him going out for his birthday I don't find relevant.

    Just my opinion.
    E, my point wasn't he shouldn't go "clubbing" anymore (that's what Lewis did). My point was he went to a bar and in less than an hour was getting his knob polished by someone he didn't know. Is that wrong? Hell no. Is that stupid when you are a target? Abso-friggin-lutely!!

    That was my point and it also is just my opinion.
    Got ya. I wasn't sure if that was what you meant or not. I understand your point then lol.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  9. #29

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    It's pretty easy for folks who don't have pu**y thrown at them like celebs and athletes do to say, "He's got to be smarter than that".

  10. #30
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,973

    Re: So what is it that Ben actually has done wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    It's pretty easy for folks who don't have pu**y thrown at them like celebs and athletes do to say, "He's got to be smarter than that".
    You're right, but he still has to be smarter than that, for his own sake, not yours and not mine. He has much more to lose than most guys that go out looking for a little knob polishing. On the other hand, if he isn't smarter than that, it doesn't really have an effect on me one way or another, so, he's free to do as he pleases and he doesn't need my okay to go do it. He's the one with everything to lose and nothing to gain in this situation.

    I'm just a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers regardless of who plays and doesn't play. I won't be any less of a fan if he were to be released or jailed after a conviction. I'll still bleed black and gold and be entertained as a Steeler fan; Ben's the one who will be in jail or out of the league or both, not me.

    So, I still think he needs to be smarter than he has been in the past and present for his own good as Ive explained above.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •