Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft class

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft class

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Hey, as long as they tax the hell out of it so it helps get out us out of the mess emperor obama is getting us in...
    Sorry, pardner, can't let that one stand. Google "national debt 10 years", you'll see that Emperor Bush (no clothes!!), and amazingly his father too, got us into this mess (under Clinton the debt went up just a bit, then levelled out).

What you're doing is like blaming a surgeon for the cancer he's taking out.

[url="http://cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/USDebt.png"]http://cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/USDebt.png[/url]

[url="http://zfacts.com/p/318.html"]http://zfacts.com/p/318.html[/url]

Other than that, I agree - legalize it, and tax the helk out of it (but keep the total cost less than it is now, or the Mexican Mafia will still have incentive to be active)!
    only one president in the history of the United States operated without a national debt. John Adams. And only ONE president since has reduced the national debt. teddy roosevelt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And don't blame Clinton for slowing the national debt down. He had nothing to do with it. that goes to Mr. Carter. but then, you probably didn't know that Mr. Carter is also the reason for our failing stock market.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and only one year in it looks like the Emp sure has us on track!

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey man, are you sharing stubbies with Stonio? 'Cause you're typing silly stuff!!

Make you a deal - let's let this topic go back to the draft class epidemic subject, and leave this stuff for another forum.?

Go Steelers!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Hey man, are you sharing stubbies with Stonio? 'Cause you're typing silly stuff!!

Make you a deal - let's let this topic go back to the draft class epidemic subject, and leave this stuff for another forum.?

Go Steelers!
    yea, i'd much rather talk steelers than politics. I always feel dirty after talking politics...

Legend

User Info Menu

Updated: March 30, 2010, 1:00 PM ET
    Rooney II issues statement on Holmes

Santonio Holmes Facing Lawsuit

Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who is facing a civil lawsuit in Florida in which a woman accuses him of throwing a drink at her, says he didn't do anything and expects the matter to be dealt with quickly

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the team is "disappointed" wide receiver Santonio Holmes is being accused in a lawsuit of assaulting a woman in an Orlando nightclub.

The lawsuit followed a separate incident involving quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who became the subject of a police investigation after a college student alleged he assaulted her in a Georgia nightclub.

"We are disappointed to learn about the recent incident involving Santonio Holmes in Florida," Rooney said in a statement.

Rooney said he would have no further comment until the team gathers more information.

Since 2006, Holmes has been charged with marijuana possession in Pittsburgh, domestic violence in Ohio and disorderly conduct in Florida. The marijuana and domestic violence charges were dropped. The disorderly conduct charge was dropped in exchange for a $250 donation to a police officers trust fund.

does anyone know whatever happened after Santonio got busted with pot? did he meet with the Commissioner and get put on super-secret probation or anything?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin deactivated him for the Giants game, but nothing else came of it because the charges were dropped by the district attorney.

[url]http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2009/06/10/prosecutors-drop-marijuana-possession-charge-against-steelers-wide-receiver-santonio-holmes-3119/[/url]

DA drops marijuana charge against Steelers’ Holmes

PITTSBURGH — Pittsburgh prosecutors have dropped a misdemeanor drug charge against Steelers wide receiver and Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes.

Allegheny County Assistant District Attorney Rachel Newman announced the decision at a court hearing Wednesday.

Pittsburgh police say they found three marijuana-filled cigars — or blunts — in Holmes’ car when he was pulled over on Oct. 23. They pulled Holmes over because they were looking for a car similar to the one he was driving. Holmes alerted police to the drugs.

Holmes’ attorney argued the traffic stop violated the football star’s rights because the search warrant wasn’t specific enough. Prosecutors agreed.

Asked if he was happy with the outcome, Holmes said: “I’m all right.”
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Tomlin deactivated him for the Giants game, but nothing else came of it because the charges were dropped by the district attorney.

[url]http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2009/06/10/prosecutors-drop-marijuana-possession-charge-against-steelers-wide-receiver-santonio-holmes-3119/[/url]

DA drops marijuana charge against Steelers’ Holmes

PITTSBURGH — Pittsburgh prosecutors have dropped a misdemeanor drug charge against Steelers wide receiver and Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes.

Allegheny County Assistant District Attorney Rachel Newman announced the decision at a court hearing Wednesday.

Pittsburgh police say they found three marijuana-filled cigars — or blunts — in Holmes’ car when he was pulled over on Oct. 23. They pulled Holmes over because they were looking for a car similar to the one he was driving. Holmes alerted police to the drugs.

Holmes’ attorney argued the traffic stop violated the football star’s rights because the search warrant wasn’t specific enough. Prosecutors agreed.

Asked if he was happy with the outcome, Holmes said: “I’m all right.”

thanks, my memory isn't what it used to be. too much pot-smoking when i was younger i think...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha