Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft class

Pro Bowler

Re: NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft class

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

Man, what happened to MY Steelers??

All these rapists, the stoners, the overpaid janitors...

<something I didn't read>
    Dude, I can't believe you went there. First of all, Ben hasn't even been charged of rape. Last I heard, he hadn't been charged with anything at all! Second, it's obvious that the strawberry cough isn't affecting Stonio adversely. And finally, you need to keep your racist remarks about our head coach to yourself ya damn klansman ya.

Also, I can't believe you find it even remotely humorous to joke about such things as rape, hardcore drug abuse, and members of the sanitation arts. You sir, need to grow up!

No sarcasm or anything here. I'm completely, utterly, and totally serious.
    Strawberry cough?? Never heard that one. I'm getting old. Which also would explain why I needed to copy and paste your tiny note in Word and make the text bigger so I could effin' read it! Man it stinks getting old. No sarcasm there!!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    I just dont get how marijuana could become legal, thats what we need in addition to the stupidity of our society is more people getting high, that ought to make the world a better place
    *In my opinion* I think that is one of the biggest fallacies regarding mary jane. I don't use it; never have... but to think that making it legal is all a sudden gonna make everyone wanna walk around high is silly.

First of all, alcohol is legal and WAY more accessible... people ain't walking around drunk 24/7.

Two, MJ costs money. It's not free.

MJ is totally natural (I think). From plant to pot, I think that's it, no?

I could never understand why something from the earth could be deemed illegal by society. I grant that you obviously don't want your bus drivers stoned; but c'mon. Everyone does it.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Something noteworthy a buddy and I were discussing at breakfast, regarding the differences between people who drink and people who 'smoke'. There are alcoholics and there are people who have a casual drink on the weekends (a couple of beers blah blah blah)... Someone who drinks may even have a cocktail every Friday night at happy hour with his comrades at work.... but more often than not (at least individuals I have known who 'smoke') when you 'smoke' ... you 'smoke' habitually. I have a friend who runs a very successful architectual firm and is quite reputable in the area.... 'smokes', and 'smokes' every day a couple of times a day. Just an observation.

That article pointed out that "as the age of the average NFL coach get less, they are likely becoming more tolerant of the occasional marijuana smoker as long as they don't come to practice or the games stoned".

I was thinking, as the "age of the average NFL coach gets less", it's probably more and more likely that some of the coaches will light up now and then!

IMO!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    That article pointed out that "as the age of the average NFL coach get less, they are likely becoming more tolerant of the occasional marijuana smoker as long as they don't come to practice or the games stoned".

I was thinking, as the "age of the average NFL coach gets less", it's probably more and more likely that some of the coaches will light up now and then!

IMO!

some probably do, but i'm sure they don't inhale!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    I just dont get how marijuana could become legal, thats what we need in addition to the stupidity of our society is more people getting high, that ought to make the world a better place
    *In my opinion* I think that is one of the biggest fallacies regarding mary jane. I don't use it; never have... but to think that making it legal is all a sudden gonna make everyone wanna walk around high is silly.

it certainly will be more accessable, which IMO would lead to more people getting stoned

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe

First of all, alcohol is legal and WAY more accessible... people ain't walking around drunk 24/7.

Two, MJ costs money. It's not free.

MJ is totally natural (I think). From plant to pot, I think that's it, no?

I could never understand why something from the earth could be deemed illegal by society. I grant that you obviously don't want your bus drivers stoned; but c'mon. Everyone does it.
    i agree if it legalized not everyone would smoke it. not everyone drinks. if pot was socially acceptable than people wouldnt think of it so badly. it has been proven that ciggs and booze is worse for the body. by legalizing it you would eliminate the criminal element around pot and the govt would make a ton of money from taxes. pot isnt even addictive. i am currently trying to quit smoking and it is driving me nuts!! its funny how something so harmful and addictive like ciggerettes are legal. they say quiting nicotine is the second hardest substance to stop using next to heroin!!

I say legalize it, tax it. It will close the budget deficit in 5 weeks, put the Mexican gangs out of business, and rescue the snack food industry from oblivion!

Hall of Famer

Hey, as long as they tax the hell out of it so it helps get out us out of the mess emperor obama is getting us in...
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Hey, as long as they tax the hell out of it so it helps get out us out of the mess emperor obama is getting us in...
    Sorry, pardner, can't let that one stand. Google "national debt 10 years", you'll see that Emperor Bush (no clothes!!), and amazingly his father too, got us into this mess (under Clinton the debt went up just a bit, then levelled out).

What you're doing is like blaming a surgeon for the cancer he's taking out.

http://cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/USDebt.png

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

Other than that, I agree - legalize it, and tax the helk out of it (but keep the total cost less than it is now, or the Mexican Mafia will still have incentive to be active)!