Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attorney: 'Just no way to prosecute' Ben Roethlisberger

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Attorney: 'Just no way to prosecute' Ben Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    How do you know who suggested what?

How do you know they were even in the bathroom together?
    I don't; I wasn't there, none of us were. We're extrapolating information from articles, interviews and news clippings. If you choose to believe that Ben was not even in the bathroom at this point, that's fine, the reporting says differently. If you choose to believe that one and or both of them didn't suggest having a little rendezvous in the bathroom, that's fine, the reporting says differently. If you believe that the woman had no contact with Ben, fell on her on accord and hit her head, that's fine, the reporting says differently (although, we don't have any idea how she actually hit her head).

If you want to believe that Ben used outstanding discretion in this matter, that's fine. I happen to believe that he didn't, regardless of the outcome. In the end, I doubt anything comes of this, the bottom line for the Steelers is that Ben is causing a distraction leading up to the draft and the upcoming season.

Pappy
    The only "reporting" that we have on Ben being in that bathroom is one of the girl's friends saying, "I thought she was in the bathroom but the guy guarding the door wouldn't let me in to see."

Can you show me any "reporting" that states that one of them or the other suggested they get together in the bathroom? Because I've read every story that's been posted on this subject and I have yet to see one that contained that info.

So there is no substantial proof that Ben was in there.

Backup

User Info Menu

How's the view from on high?

Here's a newsflash for you: comparing your place of employment to the world of professional sports is not a valid comparison.
    Not a valid comparison? The standards of accountability and commitment to your colleagues are not the same between professional sports and my (and most others) place of employment? I couldn't agree more!

By they way... thanks for viewing my position as having high moral character. I try.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    How do you know who suggested what?

How do you know they were even in the bathroom together?
    I don't; I wasn't there, none of us were. We're extrapolating information from articles, interviews and news clippings. If you choose to believe that Ben was not even in the bathroom at this point, that's fine, the reporting says differently. If you choose to believe that one and or both of them didn't suggest having a little rendezvous in the bathroom, that's fine, the reporting says differently. If you believe that the woman had no contact with Ben, fell on her on accord and hit her head, that's fine, the reporting says differently (although, we don't have any idea how she actually hit her head).

If you want to believe that Ben used outstanding discretion in this matter, that's fine. I happen to believe that he didn't, regardless of the outcome. In the end, I doubt anything comes of this, the bottom line for the Steelers is that Ben is causing a distraction leading up to the draft and the upcoming season.

Pappy
    The only "reporting" that we have on Ben being in that bathroom is one of the girl's friends saying, "I thought she was in the bathroom but the guy guarding the door wouldn't let me in to see."

Can you show me any "reporting" that states that one of them or the other suggested they get together in the bathroom? Because I've read every story that's been posted on this subject and I have yet to see one that contained that info.

So there is no substantial proof that Ben was in there.
    The fact that the case hasn't been dismissed tells me that Ben was (as has been written) in the bathroom with the girl. The fact that Willie Colon is silent tells me that Ben was alone with this girl somewhere, maybe a closet, maybe the bathroom, maybe a private room, but somewhere. The fact that paid bodyguards and friends haven't completely refuted anything that has been written up to this point tells me that Ben was alone with the girl.

Feel free to believe that nothing happened and Ben was the target of a gold digging whore if you like, but nothing I've read or heard leads me to that conclusion. I hope the case is dropped soon and Ben can get on with being a Steeler. I won't be surprised if the case isn't dropped.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount