Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Investigation against Ben on the verge of being dropped...

Hall of Famer

Re: Investigation against Ben on the verge of being dropped...

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    I don't think he can pay her anything, it's a criminal case.
    "IF" it went this route...
    No charges filed and they won't be without her cooperation as long as the evidence isn't present...Which it sounds like it isn't. I also belive she has the right to recind her complaint. It will go the civil route and be settled out of court. Then it is in the Lawyer's hands. Monetary settlement with a "gag" clause.

Again, not a lawyer but exposed to stuff like this. Any lawyers confirm?

This story puts a little different slant on things:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028720

Why haven't we seen this chick or even heard her name ? She's at a college town and with the way todays generation is all about technology, cameras, camera phones, internet and etc, why haven't we seen a picture of her yet ?

All too calculated if you ask me.

Pro Bowler

Good news. I hope this is true (except for the hush money that's being speculated by some -- which wouldn't thrill me if it was part of the equation.)
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    This story puts a little different slant on things:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028720
    Maybe we are just raised on TV open and shut cases, but it doesnt' add up. Why would they leave as if nothing happened and the girls are not abandoning the situation? Seems like this is true because there is no reason to hate or panic. This means no crime IMO.

The comment by the non-Steelers fan is interesting, even though he can't spell Pittsburgh.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

With all this time taking to get charges or DNA against Ben, what kind of stuff are they trying to trump up ? Seems to me they're trying to get everything so solid against Ben, they don't won't him to have any wiggle room.

Then I think.

Ben is older than this girl by eight years. I'd say 20 year olds could be compatable with 19 year olds and up to 23 or 24 of age.
    I'd say that a 28 year old is compatrable with with someone as young as 24 or maybe even as young as 23 for the maturity level.

Her you have Ben at 28, two time Super Bowl winner, riches and in the spotlight from day one along with being on the biggest stage of life and being a household name.
    What the hell is he trying to prove with getting some trim from a young girl ? He's a big fish in any pond but yet, he's going to a kiddie carnival and pulling out the plastic ducks that little tots get to play and are assured of a win.

Whether he did it or not, he's at least guilty of being a punk.

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN
    With all this time taking to get charges or DNA against Ben, what kind of stuff are they trying to trump up ? Seems to me they're trying to get everything so solid against Ben, they don't won't him to have any wiggle room.

Then I think.

Ben is older than this girl by eight years. I'd say 20 year olds could be compatable with 19 year olds and up to 23 or 24 of age.
    I'd say that a 28 year old is compatrable with with someone as young as 24 or maybe even as young as 23 for the maturity level.

Her you have Ben at 28, two time Super Bowl winner, riches and in the spotlight from day one along with being on the biggest stage of life and being a household name.
    What the hell is he trying to prove with getting some trim from a young girl ? He's a big fish in any pond but yet, he's going to a kiddie carnival and pulling out the plastic ducks that little tots get to play and are assured of a win.

Whether he did it or not, he's at least guilty of being a punk.
    The number analysis you did may be correct or not, and I'm not sure exactly of what the word punk means anymore, but I think your main point is spot on - what the heck is he doing? If I were doing armchair psychiatry, I'd say something like this guy just doesn't want to grow up.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

I'd say hang up the online psych degree you got for taking some test by clicking a banner ad at the top of one of your favorite websites.

He was out with friends having a good time. Some chick threw herself at him. You wouldn't have said "no" either.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I'd say hang up the online psych degree you got for taking some test by clicking a banner ad at the top of one of your favorite websites.
    Hey, it was very reputable! Besides which, I also got a speed reading certificate, and a truck driver's application (Evelyn Woodhead's Truck Driver's and Psychology Institute).

He was out with friends having a good time. Some chick threw herself at him. You wouldn't have said "no" either.
    Well, you see, there's the thing. I would, and do, say no. Am I Tom Brady, Eli Manning, or some other multimillion dollar face-of-the-franchise, or even anything close in the same universe? No, but any one of us can go to a Gentleman's Club, and have girls throw themselves at us. I figure a lot of us don't because, any moral/ethical considerations aside, it's not worth getting found out - by the wife, or by the job if it somehow wound up in the papers, etc. So what do we do - we stay out of and away from places and situations that will get us in "trouble".

My opinion is that Ben is f*ng himself up, and the Steelers also, by not making similar choices. Other premium star-power sports figures make choices that keep them out of the headlines and police blotters, and presumably they are not monks. I think Ben should act in a similar way. I bet the Rooney's do, also.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

[quote=SanAntonioSteelerFan]
    Hey, it was very reputable! Besides which, I also got a speed reading certificate, and a truck driver's application (Evelyn Woodhead's Truck Driver's and Psychology Institute).

Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1xvb3xgu
    Well, you see, there's the thing. I would, and do, say no. Am I Tom Brady, Eli Manning, or some other multimillion dollar face-of-the-franchise, or even anything close in the same universe? No, but any one of us can go to a Gentleman's Club, and have girls throw themselves at us. I figure a lot of us don't because, any moral/ethical considerations aside, it's not worth getting found out - by the wife, or by the job if it somehow wound up in the papers, etc. So what do we do - we stay out of and away from places and situations that will get us in "trouble".

My opinion is that Ben is f*ng himself up, and the Steelers also, by not making similar choices. Other premium star-power sports figures make choices that keep them out of the headlines and police blotters, and presumably they are not monks. I think Ben should act in a similar way. I bet the Rooney's do, also.[/quote:1xvb3xgu]

Ben isn't married. And being found out by the job doesn't matter. Pro athletes do this kind of thing ALL the time. Unfortunately for Ben some chick is embarrassed by what she did so she decided to try and make him pay - either through the courts or with cash.