Draft Daddy One Round Mock: we take OG Mike Iupati
this could be the most exciting draft ever to watch unfold, there will be so many good prospects available when it's our turn to draft.
our new OL coach Kugler has already stated the Steelers have Iupati rated as the #1 OL on their board, but would they pass on Weatherspoon, Thomas, Wilson, Odrick, etc?
ONE ROUND MOCK DRAFT WITH COMMENTS
LAST UPDATED: 03/24/10
01. St. Louis Rams - DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
Suh remains the best prospect in the country, and deserves the #1 selection.
02. Detroit Lions - OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
Lions need someone to protect Matt Stafford's blind side. Okung is extremely solid.
03.Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
McCoy has an explosive first step; interior linemen who can pass-rush are valued highly on draft day.
04.Washington Redskins - QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
Bradford still has to show his skills to scouts, but should perform well and be drafted highly.
05. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
Chiefs need to rebuild the offensive front, Bulaga is an outstanding technician.
06. Seattle Seahawks - DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech
Seahawks dealt Tapp and should have the first choice of the pass rushers.
07. Cleveland Browns - DB Eric Berry, Tennessee
Browns need a leader on defense and Berry could be a special defender.
08. Oakland Raiders - CB Joe Haden, Florida
Al Davis could draft a better football player than track athlete, how's that for unexpected?
09. Buffalo Bills - QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
Bills franchise can use a little bit of attitude, Clausen's value will depend on pro day.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars - RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson
Jaguars want more big plays. Spiller is a speed merchant who could go higher.
11. Denver Broncos - ILB Rolando McClain, Alabama
McClain is a cerebral defender who made tons of plays on college's biggest stage.
12. Miami Dolphins - WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
Bryant is having a tough offseason but can salvage his stock in private workouts.
13. San Francisco 49ers - DB Taylor Mays, Southern Cal
Singletary wants to give his defense teeth and has respect for this big hit player.
14. Seattle Seahawks (VIA DEN) - OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
Williams proved he had left tackle skillset at the combine, Seahawks need help up front.
15. New York Giants - DT Brian Price, UCLA
The entire Giants defense can improve with Price's interior pass rush.
16. Tennessee Titans - DE Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida
Titans have a solid program for molding defensive line talent, JPP is an obscene athlete but raw.
17. San Francisco (VIA DEN) - DE/OLB Brandon Graham, Michigan
49ers don't have enough pass rush, Graham is an instant impact defender.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers - OL Mike Iupati, Idaho
Iupati can step into his natural left guard spot right away and dominate as a run blocker.
19. Atlanta Falcons - LB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
Falcons like the swagger of Spoon and he projects well to 4-3 will backer.
20. Houston Texans - CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State
Wilson is an aggressive man-to-man corner who can run, jump, and tackle.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - DB Earl Thomas, Texas
Bengals need to be better in coverage, Thomas is a versatile player who can make plays.
22. New England Patriots - DT Jared Odrick Penn State
Patriots need to replace linemen, Odrick can rotate in at several spots and pass rush.
23. Green Bay Packers - DE/OLB Jerry Hughes, Texas Christian
Packers need a pass rusher, Hughes is a sackmaster with rare edge speed.
24. Philadelphia Eagles - CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers
McCourty can contribute in the return game early, and give the Eagles options for the future.
25. Baltimore Ravens - DT Dan Williams, Tennessee
Ozzie Newsome always steals a value player; free agent losses demand an instant starter.
26. Arizona Cardinals - NT Terrence Cody, Alabama
Cards need linemen, Cody can continue strength and conditioning in Arizona.
27. Dallas Cowboys - WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame
Cowboys want to make a splash after last year's quiet draft, Tate is a weapon.
28. San Diego Chargers - RB Ryan Mathews, Fresno State
Chargers lose LT and need to restock at running back. Mathews stock is rising.
29. New York Jets - DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida
Jets have needs along the defensive front. Dunlap is a premium athlete.
30. Minnesota Vikings - CB Kareem Jackson, Alabama
Vikings can reload at the corner, Jackson is a speedy, man-to-man specialist.
31. Indianapolis Colts - OL Maurkice Pouncey, Florida
Colts offensive line was exposed in the Super Bowl, Pouncey can help at several spots.
32. New Orleans Saints - DE/OLB Ricky Sapp, Clemson
Saints can develop Sapp as an outside backer and pass rusher.
15 next best players:
(listed alphabetically by last name)
S Nate Allen, South Florida
OT Charles Brown, Southern Cal
WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois
OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland
CB Parrish Cox, Oklahoma State
OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers
LB Sergio Kindle, Texas
TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
DE Everson Griffen, Southern Cal
DE Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
WR Brandon LaFell, Louisiana State
CB Patrick Robinson, Florida State
WR Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech
QB Tim Tebow, Florida
WR Damian Williams, Southern Cal