Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The facts!!

Legend

Re: The facts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I'm about as big of a Ben supporter as they come so Dee I appreciate your efforts. With that said, if he went into the bathroom with that girl he is a moron. If he didn't then I agree with you. I do not see anything inherently wrong with clubbing and hanging with some college girls. I do not see going out for your birthday as wrong.

But, in light of 2 accusations...which we know one came from a girl with serious mental issues...Ben must step back and ask himself some questions. Is it really worth it? I think it's time put away the lil girls and only date women in his league. I think it's time he carry himself like he has some sense and maturity. While there is nothing wrong with clubbing there comes a time to put childish things behind you. Ben needs to realize his time his now. Because, I don't think he can dodge another one without serious ramifications.
    I agree 100%.

I'm about as big of a Ben supporter as they come so Dee I appreciate your efforts. With that said, if he went into the bathroom with that girl he is a moron. If he didn't then I agree with you. I do not see anything inherently wrong with clubbing and hanging with some college girls. I do not see going out for your birthday as wrong.

But, in light of 2 accusations...which we know one came from a girl with serious mental issues...Ben must step back and ask himself some questions. Is it really worth it? I think it's time put away the lil girls and only date women in his league. I think it's time he carry himself like he has some sense and maturity. While there is nothing wrong with clubbing there comes a time to put childish things behind you. Ben needs to realize his time his now. Because, I don't think he can dodge another one without serious ramifications.
    It looks like this is already starting to happen Shawn. Ben pulled out of a celebrity golf tournament in California last week.

http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisbe ... 73996.html

It's kind of sad though when he cant go out with his buddies (even having body guards), to celebrate his 28th Birthday.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

It looks like this is already starting to happen Shawn. Ben pulled out of a celebrity golf tournament in California last week.

It's kind of sad though when he cant go out with his buddies (even having body guards), to celebrate his 28th Birthday.
    I don't think the problem was going out with his buddies to celebrate his 28th birthday...the problem was when he took a drunk 20-year old co-ed that he didn't know into the club's VIP bathroom.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028720

Hall of Famer

thats the price you have to pay when your rich and famous. its a small price to pay when you are worth more money than anyone will ever see. isnt it ironic ben's bodyguards couldnt protect him from the most dangerous weapon of all, pu$$y. at least ben isnt gay like kordell stewart was talk about a perfect example of the media trying to tear down someones image. im sure ben will get out of this with little problem but his rep will always be ruined. how much did anyone hear about mcnaulty after that was found out to be bogus? ben found innocent isnt as good of head lines as big ben is a rapist.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    May all be true, but the reality is that Ben's reputation is toast forever.

If nothing ever come out of either of these cases, there will be a very large group that will always view this as a case where "rich boy" Ben bought his way out of trouble.

Who is to blame? Partially it is Ben himself for pursuing a lifestyle that has taken so many other celebtrities down the road to ruin. Ben has made terrible choices and needs to get smart that even though he has all the money in the world he cannot go out and have casual relationships with random, unfamiliar women. Just the fact whether fair or not.

My greatest concern is however that even after these two incidents and if Ben walks away with nothing, he will put himself in this situation again because of naivete and arrogance.

What bad choices did Ben make? Going out to a club with his buddies? Heís single and young. It seems that he actually made some good choices that night. One, he had bodies guards with him (off duty police offers), and two, immediately called his coach (Tomlin), to advise him of what happened.

As far as his reputation is concerned I donít care about what others perceive of him. He hasnít committed a crime nor has he done anything wrong. And haters will always hate. Especially if he continues to win championships.
    OK. Sure Ben did nothing wrong. Ben showed great judgement being alone with a 20 year old coed in light of the Nevada accusations.

If you really think Ben has handled this smart then OK. I think given the fact that the people he works for and pay him are furious would indicate otherwise.
    When your in a bar, it's assumed that security did their job and the girl is at THE VERY LEAST 21 yrs of age. Why do ppl keep saying, he went after a 20yr old girl, as if HE KNEW?? she shouldn't have even been in the bar. you act like this WOMAN was 17 years old.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile

If nothing ever come out of either of these cases, there will be a very large group that will always view this as a case where "rich boy" Ben bought his way out of trouble.

Who is to blame? Partially it is Ben himself for pursuing a lifestyle that has taken so many other celebtrities down the road to ruin. Ben has made terrible choices and needs to get smart that even though he has all the money in the world he cannot go out and have casual relationships with random, unfamiliar women. Just the fact whether fair or not.

My greatest concern is however that even after these two incidents and if Ben walks away with nothing, he will put himself in this situation again because of naivete and arrogance.

What bad choices did Ben make? Going out to a club with his buddies? Heís single and young. It seems that he actually made some good choices that night. One, he had bodies guards with him (off duty police offers), and two, immediately called his coach (Tomlin), to advise him of what happened.

As far as his reputation is concerned I donít care about what others perceive of him. He hasnít committed a crime nor has he done anything wrong. And haters will always hate. Especially if he continues to win championships.
    OK. Sure Ben did nothing wrong. Ben showed great judgement being alone with a 20 year old coed in light of the Nevada accusations.

If you really think Ben has handled this smart then OK. I think given the fact that the people he works for and pay him are furious would indicate otherwise.
    When your in a bar, it's assumed that security did their job and the girl is at THE VERY LEAST 21 yrs of age. Why do ppl keep saying, he went after a 20yr old girl, as if HE KNEW?? she shouldn't have even been in the bar. you act like this WOMAN was 17 years old.
    I'd say he's acting like she's 20 years old. It was a simple statement of fact. Furthermore everyone knows that security at bars lets things slide. It is difficult to keep track of and enforce. And there is money to be gained. So, do the math.

The point is that risk was in the air and Ben ignored it. There is pending civil suit. That raises the risk even more. Being willing to go to a bathroom in a completely isolated he-said/she-said situation ... ok, again, do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile

The club allowed underaged patrons inside, they simply aren't allowed to be served alcohol once inside. She was there legally.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    The club allowed underaged patrons inside, they simply aren't allowed to be served alcohol once inside. She was there legally.

Pappy
    Careful, you're letting facts get in the way of good rhetoric.