Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers showing some interest in Jevan Snead

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers showing some interest in Jevan Snead

Apparently, the Steelers have been interested in Snead since before Ben's issues began.

[url="http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=1571"]http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=1571[/url]
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers showing some interest in Jevan Snead

wasnt he supposed to be one of the top qb's this year and wound up stinking

Legend

User Info Menu

He was good when he had Michael Oher to protect his "Blind Side" and had our boy Mike Wallace to throw to two seasons ago (people were saying potential first round prospect). But last year, I think the only weapon that Ole Miss had was Dexter McCluster, an undersized RB.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

It seems like the Steelers are looking for a late round developmental QB. They've looked at Snead and also Sheehan.

With all the comp picks, it makes sense to take a chance on a guy late to see if he can develop into a reliable backup.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    It seems like the Steelers are looking for a late round developmental QB. They've looked at Snead and also Sheehan.

With all the comp picks, it makes sense to take a chance on a guy late to see if he can develop into a reliable backup.
    I would be OK with either of them. I'm still not sold that Dixon could take the pounding of an entire NFL season if he had to step in long term. He is athletic but slight in build. Not too many of those QBs survive long in the NFL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As I recall Dan Marino didn't exactly have a stellar year his senior season ... thanks Foge but that doesn't always mean it's the QBs fault.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    As I recall Dan Marino didn't exactly have a stellar year his senior season ... thanks Foge but that doesn't always mean it's the QBs fault.
    if only he would have had a good stellar year than maybe he would have had many good stiller years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    if only he would have had a good stellar year than maybe he would have had many good stiller years.
    I think it was the drug rumors more than anything, which lead us to Senor Sack over Danny Boy.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I think it was the drug rumors more than anything, which lead us to Senor Sack over Danny Boy.
    Yea, I was not around yet for the draft of 83, but from what I heard those dang drug rumors were one of the keys of us not taking him...but if we had him than winning would probably get old and it would not be fun because there would be nothing to complain about..no neil, kordell, where is the fun in that

Legend

User Info Menu

wasnt he supposed to be one of the top qb's this year and wound up stinking
    Stinking is a compliment. Look at his stats in the bowl game... I think he had 4 int's.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"