Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,266

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Chadman, you just keep posting ... I never get tired of seeing the girl in your sig.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  2. #22
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Sorry- Not impressed with the first few rounds of your mock. Just my opinion and I think you can do better on this.

    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,563

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Sorry- Not impressed with the first few rounds of your mock. Just my opinion and I think you can do better on this.

    Maybe Chadbaby is forcing him to take his eye off the ball. Truly not an effort up to past Chadman standards.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Haha....no need to bring Chadbaby into calculations! This was all Chadman's doing.

    It's not a 'sexy' draft, but it fits the FO's desire to improve the running game. It also adds a good CB, and future depth at LB & DL.

    You guys don't know what you are talking about....
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  5. #25
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,412

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    nobody from UCLA please I have seen enough with davis, farmar and farris over the years


    but what if he turns out like Carnell Lake?

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Well, let's not leave this mock to die as simply another 'mock draft' thread- let's hear what you guys that don't like it have to say- why don't you like it? where would you improve it? what reasoning do you have for pro's & con's about this mock?

    Too many mocks are thrown out there and left to wither. Draft is coming up- let's get some draft talk going!
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #27
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Given that there has only been one complaint about this mock, Chadman is going to assume you all agree that it is awesome & will pass this information onto Mike Tomlin & Kevin Colbert?
    I will personally track you down in the wilds of the Australian Outback and beat you over the head with a kangaroo if Tomlin listens to you and drafts an OG in Rd. 1.
    That'd be worth it, just to see you try & manhandle one..
    You mean like this guy?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36tBS6dXo-U

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Annapolis (not baltimore)
    Posts
    1,692

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    nobody from UCLA please I have seen enough with davis, farmar and farris over the years


    but what if he turns out like Carnell Lake?
    than no complaints on my end...

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,563

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Well, let's not leave this mock to die as simply another 'mock draft' thread- let's hear what you guys that don't like it have to say- why don't you like it? where would you improve it? what reasoning do you have for pro's & con's about this mock?

    Too many mocks are thrown out there and left to wither. Draft is coming up- let's get some draft talk going!
    As I said I can live with Iupati (of course I'd go after Spiller, even if trade up required) and I really like Spievey. I think what we don't know is how serious the staff is about Legursky at C or even the rumors about Urbik getting a look there. I just don't think with a new OL coach they are going to hand him the first two picks in this draft. More likely they are going to take a year and see what he can do with what he has.

    In Round 2, I think I would be looking at DL or ILB. I know that everybody thinks Foote coming back has eliminated the ILB need, but I don't agree. If Farrior is indeed "done" then we are right back to where we were last year with no one in the back up role who could step in as a future long term solution.

    I have no idea where you got the LBs you identfied. I don't think either will even be drafted.

    In closing, I'll beat the drum I have for two months now. We have a serious need at RB. IMO with the off season signing it is our biggest need. We have nothing behind Mendy. If Mendy is injured in the first or second game of the season we are screwed. There is no one on the roster that can carry this team for 3-4 games let alone a season if required. I think we need to draft two RBs in this draft unless Summers is showing he can be a real asset.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #30
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,617

    Re: Everybody Else is Doing it Part 4- REVISED

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Well, let's not leave this mock to die as simply another 'mock draft' thread- let's hear what you guys that don't like it have to say- why don't you like it? where would you improve it? what reasoning do you have for pro's & con's about this mock?

    Too many mocks are thrown out there and left to wither. Draft is coming up- let's get some draft talk going!
    As I said I can live with Iupati (of course I'd go after Spiller, even if trade up required) and I really like Spievey. I think what we don't know is how serious the staff is about Legursky at C or even the rumors about Urbik getting a look there. I just don't think with a new OL coach they are going to hand him the first two picks in this draft. More likely they are going to take a year and see what he can do with what he has.

    In Round 2, I think I would be looking at DL or ILB. I know that everybody thinks Foote coming back has eliminated the ILB need, but I don't agree. If Farrior is indeed "done" then we are right back to where we were last year with no one in the back up role who could step in as a future long term solution.

    I have no idea where you got the LBs you identfied. I don't think either will even be drafted.

    In closing, I'll beat the drum I have for two months now. We have a serious need at RB. IMO with the off season signing it is our biggest need. We have nothing behind Mendy. If Mendy is injured in the first or second game of the season we are screwed. There is no one on the roster that can carry this team for 3-4 games let alone a season if required. I think we need to draft two RBs in this draft unless Summers is showing he can be a real asset.
    For what it's worth, the Bills drafted two interior o-lineman in rounds 1 and 2 for Kugler last year (Eric Wood and Andy Levitre) and he was able to utilize their talents as rookies.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •