Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Source: GBI drops Roethlisberger DNA request

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Source: GBI drops Roethlisberger DNA request

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5022501

Source: DNA request dropped

By Kelly Naqi
    ESPN
    Updated: March 23, 2010, 6:18 PM ET

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has withdrawn its request for a DNA sample from Ben Roethlisberger, according a source familiar with the investigation.

A 20-year-old woman told police Roethlisberger, who had been out barhopping with friends, assaulted her early March 5 in a bar in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger has not been charged.

No reason was given as to why the GBI has withdrawn its request or when it did so. When asked what this means in terms of the status of the investigation of Roethlisberger, GBI public information officer John Bankhead declined to comment.

When asked how this would affect the timetable on when the GBI and the Milledgeville police department will complete their investigation and submit their case to the district attorney, so the DA's office can decide whether it will seek to press charges against Roethlisberger, Bankhead said, "I don't know. I'd have to have my crystal ball out but I don't have it with me."

When asked what the GBI withdrawing its request for a DNA sample for Ben Roethlisberger meant to the case, Lee Parks, an attorney for the accuser, said, "We're not commenting on the investigation. It's not our place to do that."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Legend

Re: Source: GBI drops Roethlisberger DNA request

That is great news.

GBI has dropped it's request for DNA!

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has withdrawn its request for a DNA sample from Ben Roethlisberger, according a source familiar with the investigation.

Roethlisberger is accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old college student in a Georgia nightclub on March 5. Roethlisberger has yet to be interviewed by police in Milledgeville, Ga., and charges have not been filed.

No reason was given as to why the GBI has withdrawn its request or when it did so. When asked what this means in terms of the status of the investigation of Roethlisberger, GBI public information officer John Bankhead declined to comment.

When asked how this would affect the timetable on when the GBI and the Milledgeville police department will complete their investigation and submit their case to the district attorney, so the DA's office can decide whether it will seek to press charges against Roethlisberger, Bankhead said, "I don't know. I'd have to have my crystal ball out but I don't have it with me."

When asked what the GBI withdrawing its request for a DNA sample for Ben Roethlisberger meant to the case, Lee Parks, an attorney for the accuser, said, "We're not commenting on the investigation. It's not our place to do that."

Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Re: GBI has dropped it's request for DNA!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Roethlisberger is accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old college student in a Georgia nightclub on March 5. Roethlisberger has yet to be interviewed by police in Milledgeville, Ga., and charges have not been filed.

doesn't really mean anything at this point, there could be a variety of reasons why the GBI is withdrawing its request...they can always re-request later.

Sounds like good news, I guess?? If they had a case and were definitely going to press charges, wouldn't they want to get all the evidence they could get? So, maybe they realize they don't have a criminal case? Maybe another civil case against Ben?

Again.....they have no case.

They needed DNA that was their only shot and now they are saying they are no longer requesting it so that tells me they have no leg to stand on.

Enough of this garbage.

Hall of Famer

NFL network reported that there was no DNA to compare it to (as it pertains to the case). that means that he didn't leave any with her when he walked out of the bathroom.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    NFL network reported that there was no DNA to compare it to (as it pertains to the case). that means that he didn't leave any with her when he walked out of the bathroom.
    Allegedly when he left the bathroom.....and I am willing to bet there is no video tape that shows Ben leaving the woman's bathroom. And had there been...they would have made an arrest and filed charges against him.

Folks...they dont have a leg to stand on. And I want to start hearing the apologies. Start with the commissioner.

Allegedly when he left the bathroom.....and I am willing to bet there is no video tape that shows Ben leaving the woman's bathroom. And had there been...they would have made an arrest and filed charges against him.

Folks...they dont have a leg to stand on. And I want to start hearing the apologies. Start with the commissioner.

if there are no witnesses, semen or spit...then you must acquit.

Legend

no one is apologizing.. what is there to apologize for? What does the commissioner have to apologize for? The headlines went out and the machine moved like they always do when a well known figure is accused of doing something like this.

If false, the girl needs to apologize and we go back to business as usual. Ben is still guilty of bringing drama to the team whether innocent or not. It's the price you pay for fame. Young girls and old skanks will always try to get Ben's money... he has to change his ways or it will happen again. Hell, he needs to operate like it will happen again.